• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bottlebending = Risky and Annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketz

Verified Member
Actually we've seen Azula be frozen and not be able to bend. As bending requires physical movement most of the time, the bender would not be able to bend. Also mako was frozen and couldn't bend, same with Bolin.
Alright, well let's waterbenders be able to bend then. You're so right on this.
I mean, it would be so awesome fighting waterbenders with this. having the ability to capture benders frozen.

I could think of so many ideas, that would make this so useful..
I know one already, capture all benders in ice, and let them sit there forever, or use Octopusform on them, since they can't bend, it's an easy kill.

This would make waterbending so much better. I like your idea.
I guess you could create a form, in the ProjectKorra suggestions, saying something like "New WaterChanges"

Description:

Hello, I would like to create a thread, on waterbenders being able to freeze benders, and they can't bend In/out of the ice.
This works with Surge, Torrent and PhaseChange. Benders would have to be saved *Mostly Killed" by other benders.

You know? Since they can't bend in it. This seems very logical, since many situations benders that where froze, Like Azula, and bolin, who where frozen couldn't bend or move. This would be a great idea for the plugin. It will give waterbenders a much better chance at fighting.

Vote! ;)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I mean, it would be so awesome fighting waterbenders with this. having the ability to capture benders frozen.

I know one already, capture all benders in ice, and let them sit there forever, or use Octopusform on them, since they can't bend, it's an easy kill.

I guess you could create a form, in the ProjectKorra suggestions, saying something like "New WaterChanges"

Description:

Hello, I would like to create a thread, on waterbenders being able to freeze benders, and they can't bend In/out of the ice.
This works with Surge, Torrent and PhaseChange. Benders would have to be saved *Mostly Killed" by other benders.

You know? Since they can't bend in it. This seems very logical, since many situations benders that where froze, Like Azula, and bolin, who where frozen couldn't bend or move. This would be a great idea for the plugin. It will give waterbenders a much better chance at fighting.

Vote! ;)
Thank you mister sarcasm. You're being very helpful.

And it's not that bad, as waterbenders can just use phasechange, firebenders can use heatcontrol, airbenders can use airshield to protect them from attacks while inside ice, and earthbenders can use earthgrab. As for frostbreath, it doesn't last that long, and most of the time you can get out of it because of the shape. Really, you're over-reacting.

jedk1

Description:

Vote! ;)

And it's not that bad, as waterbenders can just use phasechange, firebenders can use heatcontrol, airbenders can use airshield to protect them from attacks while inside ice, and earthbenders can use earthgrab. As for frostbreath, it doesn't last that long, and most of the time you can get out of it because of the shape. Really, you're over-reacting.
Will you guys stop bloody arguing about something i added to a CUSTOM ability? If you don't like the ability, don't use it! Okay argument solved? No? *shoots person who said no in the head*. What about now? *everyone nods* good.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Will you guys stop bloody arguing about something i added to a CUSTOM ability? If you don't like the ability, don't use it! Okay argument solved? No? *shoots person who said no in the head*. What about now? *everyone nods* good.
I say no. :p Only cuz he is the one over-reacting about something so simple as not being able to bend while frozen.

Sketz

Verified Member

Just saying that this can be abused.
Also, For more additional information. Some servers don't allow you to edit the arena. Yes you can bend, but block-place/block-break
Won't allow you to break the ice. This can be abused. Just saying that players will get tired of trying to get out of surge. Also, once they get out, or are able to, you could just spam them with surge again.

:/

Sketz

Verified Member
It's no longer about your ability. This is another topic.

Sketz

Verified Member
I say no. :p Only cuz he is the one over-reacting about something so simple as not being able to bend while frozen.
I'm not really over reacting. I'm not even a waterbender most of the time, or at all.
I'm just saying, that if you want this to happen, and you want your point proven, that this won't affect anyone.

Create the thread.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Currently, when you bottlebend, torrent has about a 65% to NOT come back to the bottle (At least that is what it feels like). And in the show, when Katara bottlebent, she did some kind of pulling motion to bring the water back to her bottle. So I think that when you bottlebend, after you have executed your move, you should have to spam left click and for every click, the water gets closer to your bottle.
With the amount of times that water bottles don't come back, it doesn't make them as over powered as they would be if it always came back..

Janny

Verified Member
..., She bottles bends ALOT
I know she did o_o. I still couldn't find a GIF. And that isn't even bottlebending, shes being water INTO the bottles not OUT the bottles. Also, I THINK you made this GIF as this is a GIF from AzulaEpisodes.

moo3oo3oo3

Verified Member
Also, I THINK you made this GIF as this is a GIF from AzulaEpisodes.
What's the difference between me making a gif and finding a gif. Both were made by a person at some point.

P.S. It's a water skin not a bottle.

Last edited:

DemonZardian

Verified Member
or...
orr...

1.) Servers use WaterArms as a WaterChief/Special move *COUGH*
2.) Servers don't allow frost breath, since it's basically like a chi move, not allowing players to bend, and is also for the WaterChief/Special (but not anymore, since i can't remove the permission from default players).
3.) Earthbenders tend to use lava (If you have lava)

Oh, Let's not forget about EarthArmor + EarthArmor+ (If you have it)
Also Lavabenders, (If you have it)

Just my opinions, and ideas. :p
Anyways last I checked , Frostbreath doesn't chiblock anymore ._. You just can't melt it, it goes away by itself. You can still bend through it. And the difference is Torrent and Surge freeze the areas around the target, Frostbreath literally turns the person into a popsicle.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Idea: Everytime you right click on a block (currently used to undo all your bending) would unfreeze areas freezed by Surge/Torrent and a single block of water would come to you. If you PhaseChange them, the water would be lost

jedk1

Anyways last I checked , Frostbreath doesn't chiblock anymore ._. You just can't melt it, it goes away by itself. You can still bend through it. And the difference is Torrent and Surge freeze the areas around the target, Frostbreath literally turns the person into a popsicle.
im glad someone pointed out that it doesnt block chi, i went to bed thinking "Wait im sure it doesnt anymore, unless ofc server owners are lazy af and dont update their stuff...." i checked the code and you're right it doesnt.

DemonZardian

Verified Member
im glad someone pointed out that it doesnt block chi, i went to bed thinking "Wait im sure it doesnt anymore, unless ofc server owners are lazy af and dont update their stuff...." i checked the code and you're right it doesnt.
Yeah I literally shunned PK until your frostbreath came out <3. And your waterarms <3. So I would know haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.