• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bottlebending issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Hello! I hope you are having a good day, and if not, think about this: "Tomorrow it will be wrost :D"... That didn't help that much...
So, I think that right now, bottlebending is too OP. Why? Because, right now, you are as much powerful with bottles as if you were bending from an ocean (Waterbending, of course).
At this moment you can use all your moves with bottlebending except Waterwave. Only difference from a water source is that you can WaterWave.
I suggest that:
- WaterManipulation is the same;
- OctopusForm becames impossible with bottles;
- Torrent in order to be extremely short, or it is done with particles, or it is few water blocks, plus, you can't create the wave;
- Surge becames only two blocks radius;
- IceSpike (if anyone still use it) does still the same.

I know that this would be a huge nerf, because it is. This would UP Waterbenders, but just because in the show, I never saw someone creating a huge wave of Water from a tiny skin.
Thanks for reading! If you liked this video, please subscribea and cya next... Wrong description xD

HydroMan

Verified Member
More spamming watermanip...yes it is nerf...in ocean you are watercamper ,they are more op then with bottles

Janny

Verified Member
Hello! I hope you are having a good day, and if not, think about this: "Tomorrow it will be wrost :D"... That didn't help that much...
So, I think that right now, bottlebending is too OP. Why? Because, right now, you are as much powerful with bottles as if you were bending from an ocean (Waterbending, of course).
At this moment you can use all your moves with bottlebending except Waterwave. Only difference from a water source is that you can WaterWave.
I suggest that:
- Torrent in order to be extremely short, or it is done with particles, or it is few water blocks, plus, you can't create the wave;

I know that this would be a huge nerf, because it is. This would UP Waterbenders, but just because in the show, I never saw someone creating a huge wave of Water from a tiny skin.
Thanks for reading! If you liked this video, please subscribea and cya next... Wrong description xD
Um no. Bottle Bending is not a matter of "its too OP!", its a way for benders who into certain parts of the world without water to be able to waterbend. It be very stupid to make something like that less OP. If you do this, bottle bending would be ABSOLUTELY USELESS. All you will be able to do is spam watermanipulation and icespike because torrent and surge with bottles will become useless making bottlebending useless. If bottlebending is to be helpful for waterbenders without a large body of water, how is it going to be helpful if it was just nerfed?

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Um no. Bottle Bending is not a matter of "its too OP!", its a way for benders who into certain parts of the world without water to be able to waterbend. It be very stupid to make something like that less OP. If you do this, bottle bending would be ABSOLUTELY USELESS. All you will be able to do is spam watermanipulation and icespike because torrent and surge with bottles will become useless making bottlebending useless. If bottlebending is to be helpful for waterbenders without a large body of water, how is it going to be helpful if it was just nerfed?
I am sorry, sir. I think I'm lost.
Can you tell me where is the plugin inspired?
Have we ever seen a Waterbender using the Octopus Form technique from only bottles?
Have we ever seen a Waterbender using the Surge Shield technique from only a bottle, when the shield is bigger than you?
Have we ever seen a Waterbender using the Torrent Wave technique from only a bottle?
--
Let's see some examples:

In the entire show we only saw the Octopus Form technique two times. In both, it wasn't from a bottle.

In the entire show, we saw different, yet similar Surge Shields techniques. We rarely saw a Waterbender perform this technique with a bottle. Two waterbender I remember that have done this are Katara and the Ex-Nothern Water Chief, Unalaq. Both of them created a small shield to protect themselves from fire, and they were able to. No one house-sized shields, no waves, no nothing.

The concept for Torrent is the same of Surge.
--
Now, it would be completly different if you had ENOUGH bottles to perform the abilities. PK would have a way to detect how many bottles you have. If you had, per example, 6 water bottles, you would be able to create any move.
--
Another thing is: we never stablished how big is a water bottle. Is it the size of the Spirit Water skin? Is it the size of Katara's skin, or Tonraq's?

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think some powers should be reduced when you don't have many bottles instead of having them blocked. For Ex: If you have 2 bottles and you try to use surge ,two block tall waterwall would form instead massive gulp of water

HydroMan

Verified Member
I suggest that:

I think some powers should be reduced when you don't have many bottles instead of having them blocked. For Ex: If you have 2 bottles and you try to use surge ,two block tall waterwall would form instead massive gulp of water
I think with plantbending can be done similar way. I had mention this in some thread that i thought of it that if the wbender wanted to perform a move poperlly without being them nurf while (s)he's surronded with plants ,(s)he must use a plant that is connected to the other in one (vines, sugarcanes, cactuses) ,so that the logic of surging 7x7 with one dead bush would be gone. After all ,the cactus blockS should be break after using a move that consisted alot amount of water (even if you used up the top block of cactus it still should break)

HydroMan

Verified Member
All fine and stuff but let's not remove all water power on land. If something gets debuffed, it needs something else buffed ;)
To make it equal ,we should consider debuffing other element aspects of them if planned to make waterbending.

Status
Not open for further replies.