• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bottle

Kael Wittwer

Verified Member
Hello! So I am experiencing some problems with bottle bending. Sure, water manipulation, and a bunch of other moves don't seem to work at all or all the time with bottle bending. Can anyone help me.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I know this was an issue in the past, however I'm not sure when/if it was fixed. If I were you, I would browse the Core updates and see if you can find which one has a bottlebending fix. Since you didn't provide which version of Pk you're using, I'm gonna assume you're not using the latest version, which I would recommend.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I am using the latest version. 1.8.4
Eerrrr then I dont know what's going on with bottlebending on the server your using. I'm probably not the best person to respond since I haven't use Pk in a couple months but no one else did so meh. I provided the information I could.

I saw Omni reading this forum so he should be able to help more than I can.

Pride

Verified Member
Actually, Numi.
There's a thing on Trello that says bottlebending's rework or fix, or whatever's on hold. So, I assume that there's actually something wrong with bottlebending.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Actually, Numi.
There's a thing on Trello that says bottlebending's rework or fix, or whatever's on hold. So, I assume that there's actually something wrong with bottlebending.
Thank you, I haven't been able to look st Trello in a while.

But I knew something was wrong, but I assumed they were using an older version and hoped that it was fixed in the latest. I was wrong but all is good.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Bottlebending is broken, and as Pride said it is on our trello. @Kael Wittwer you will just need to bare with it for the time being. Sorry

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Is bottlebending bug hard to fix? It would be helpful for those who have spare time to remedied the issue and uploading a fix for it on the forums before having to wait for the official one to be release.

Regards

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Is bottlebending bug hard to fix? It would be helpful for those who have spare time to remedied the issue and uploading a fix for it on the forums before having to wait for the official one to be release.

Regards
If you knew how to get Pk from GitHub to your eclipse AND knew what the issue was sure.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

Regards
No its not an easy fix, it requires redoing most of the abilities that use it. @Simplicitee can give you more info on it than I can as he was working on it.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So it goes deeper than just 1 issue. It's the system as a whole?
Regarding Bottlebending, yes. The entire system needs to be reworked to fix multiple issues and make any future improvements upon it. The issues stem into how bottlebending was originally implemented which needs to be mostly changed / removed. This is an extensive and long process. Originally when I was working on the changes it took so long as to become heavily conflicted with changes other developers had made so it has been put on hold until further notice, and more resources can be put towards it.

Kael Wittwer

Verified Member
I greatly appreciate the responses. What is the likelihood of bottle bending being fixed? Because without it water benders are kinda bad unless near at least a 2x2x1 of water. Also can water benders bend in then rain? like can they use the rain?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I greatly appreciate the responses. What is the likelihood of bottle bending being fixed? Because without it water benders are kinda bad unless near at least a 2x2x1 of water. Also can water benders bend in then rain? like can they use the rain?
Well from what I can tell they're already working on it! As for when (date wise/release# wise) I don't know and I don't even think they know. Since it requires a complete rework it could take a while. It depends on how close to done they are now and how much work is getting done every day/week.

Kael Wittwer

Verified Member
Well from what I can tell they're already working on it! As for when (date wise/release# wise) I don't know and I don't even think they know. Since it requires a complete rework it could take a while. It depends on how close to done they are now and how much work is getting done every day/week.
Ok! Can water benders bend the rain?