• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bottle bending Realism

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Not having the water return to the bottle some would consider it to nerf water bender's because they have to fetch the source. We can easily add clean up times for the amount of time they have to use the puddle before it dissipates.
Ok, that seems a bit better, but I don't want waterbenders launching surge behind my back from a puddle, stuff like that is what I'm concerned about. Waterbenders throw out puddles and suddenly they're able to come on land and launch a torrent every second.

Green

Verified Member
This needs to be linked to all the bottle bending threads..... This is not the only issue with bottle bending, at all.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Ok, that seems a bit better, but I don't want waterbenders launching surge behind my back from a puddle, stuff like that is what I'm concerned about. Waterbenders throw out puddles and suddenly they're able to come on land and launch a torrent every second.
How I envisioned it was that if you use it from the puddle it doesn't leave another puddle, But if you bring it back to the bottle then use it it will become a puddle once again. Also like Loony said the puddle will have a duration. And if you have a puddle on the ground you cannot bend out of another bottle just like if you froze someone with a bottle.

Fighterpigeon

Verified Member
Oh I'm sorry, were you expecting a royal fanfare after being very condescending and not respecting the wishes of someone?

You can go back to tla if you aren't gonna be helpful, and are you really using autism as an insult? Really describes the kind of person you are.
You just used Autism as an insult also, mate.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Honestly surge and torrent from waterbottles in the first place is stupid.

Green

Verified Member
That is what I am trying to tell people!!! I have made threads on this EXACT problem!!! It makes NO sense that you can use these very large moves with water bottles and they need to have versions of each move that is smaller than sourcing it from water.

NickC1211

Verified Member
That is what I am trying to tell people!!! I have made threads on this EXACT problem!!! It makes NO sense that you can use these very large moves with water bottles and they need to have versions of each move that is smaller than sourcing it from water.
Well that's why I said if the x amount of bottles for certain moves is implemented it would make more sense. If not then that's a whole other thing to work out. For example bottle torrent could be half waterblocks and be like Waterwhip.

Loony

Verified Member
Well that's why I said if the x amount of bottles for certain moves is implemented it would make more sense. If not then that's a whole other thing to work out. For example bottle torrent could be half waterblocks and be like Waterwhip.
That will be happening in 1.9.0 :)

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
In the show, Katara was able to bend her water and then bring it back to the water skin, without it ever touching the ground or leaving her control. I don't see why waterbenders in-game shouldn't be able to do this. Besides, this will make it harder to fight, especially if we're constantly on the move. As it is, even when we "spam" water manipulation, I find that it's often not enough to take out an opponent.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Oh gees Project Korra autism at its peak.
Oh gees TLAalltheway insulting autism at its peak. Don't be rude just because pk can provide the same services that meets your personal interests how you want it to be.
In the show, Katara was able to bend her water and then bring it back to the water skin, without it ever touching the ground or leaving her control.
You can already do that. Just send a torrent/watermanipulation/icespike away from the ground as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.