• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bottle bending Realism

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Have you ever fought a waterbender with bottles at close range and they spam water manipulation. I think bottlebending as of right now isn't realistic. So here's what I propose:
Instead of the water automatically coming back to you it falls down into a water puddle once it hits its target or reaches its limit. To avoid flooding it would be one half water block to represent the puddle

Now once this puddle is on the ground the waterbender has two options.
1) they can bend straight from the puddle.
2) aim at the puddle and hold shift with watermanipulation to bring it back to your bottle.

This could be even more interesting if the x amount of bottles for moves is implemented. That way you use surge shield and you get a 2x2 puddle of water instead of just one. I also think that certain moves that go very far should have a shorter range so you don't have to run a long distance to get the water
(Surge, watermanip, icespike)

I think this could be effective because it would help stop water spam from bottles, and it would add more realism. In the avatar world when a waterbender uses the water from their water skin it doesn't just come back they have to bend it back. Thanks for reading :D

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
Nice to know how friendly and welcoming the Project Korra community is! Really spectacular!
Only one of those people are staff, which is me.

I wasn't unfriendly, I was just replying to your comment. If you view me saying "Hun" as unfriendly, which is exactly what you've been doing then you're being unfriendly yourself so why would you be offended at me responding in the same manner?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Nice to know how friendly and welcoming the Project Korra community is! Really spectacular!
Oh I'm sorry, were you expecting a royal fanfare after being very condescending and not respecting the wishes of someone?

Oh gees Project Korra autism at its peak.
You can go back to tla if you aren't gonna be helpful, and are you really using autism as an insult? Really describes the kind of person you are.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
So with this waterbenders now also have the option to create one use water sources with bottles... I don't see how this is balanced

Loony

Verified Member
So with this waterbenders now also have the option to create one use water sources with bottles... I don't see how this is balanced
Not having the water return to the bottle some would consider it to nerf water bender's because they have to fetch the source. We can easily add clean up times for the amount of time they have to use the puddle before it dissipates.

Status
Not open for further replies.