• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied BloodBending Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturtos

Verified Member
I believe bloodbending needs some tweaking, it's main move is only useful for throwing people up or into a dangerous spot, and with most elements providing means of negating fall damage, throwing them high up is almost useless. So I have included a couple of rough ideas to add to bloodbending, all are up for revision as you see fit.

1. Bloodmanipulation

Use mobs/players as a selectable water source, and when you left click in a direction it sends the mob/player in that direction dealing a suitable amount of damage to any mobs/players in it's path.

2. BloodPulse

Left click a mob/player and it pushes the player back 10-15 blocks, and deals 1/2 to 1 heart of damage

3. ThickBlood

Shift click a mob/player and it basically paralyzes them for as long as you are shifting and looking at them.

Perhaps also add skills only usable in a full moon, or just add the option in the config.
Full Moon Abilities

1. Massbloodpulse

Left click in the general direction of any number of mobs/players and it sends them back 15-20 blocks and deals 1-2 full heart of damage.

2. Massbloodbending

Shift and players within a 5-10 block range freeze and can be moved around and thrown to a general location.

3. Bloodpuppet/Marionnete
Only usable on a full moon, give it an extreme cooldown, and it requires shifting at a player for 10-15 seconds, and it puts you inside of that players body, and lets you control that player for 30-60 seconds. (This may seemed far stretched but Hama made people WALK not of their own will, under the mountain to be trapped there, she did not have to levitate and carry them there.) (This also may seem impossible to put you in someones body in minecraft but plugins like iControlU have made it possible without the use of mods.) Also being under control does not take away your ability to chat.

Bloodmanipulation Example (1:50-2:25)

Thickblood Example
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/avatar/images/7/7d/Tarrlok_bloodbending.png/revision/latest?cb=20140904193750

DanStryder

Verified Member
If this was added, I'd cry a little on the inside, Bloodbending was never really something that was taken seriously seeing most of the elements could negate the fall damage with ease

Saturtos

Verified Member
Bloodbending was never really something that was taken seriously seeing most of the elements could negate the fall damage with ease
And that is why I made the thread. At the moment bloodbending is hardly nothing more than an afterthought, and in my opinion extremely underpowered. Sure you COULD throw someone 40 blocks into the air, but hey they can't take fall damage on earthbendable blocks, or even no fall damage on any blocks at all, so no damage...

DanStryder

Verified Member
Yeah on my server I've not made the throw power too strong, but even when I did mess around with it, it still wasn't a move that was took seriously, it's more just annoying to be moved around until the grab timer runs out

owlcool

Verified Member
I doubt most of the people who have actually gone against waterbenders in a arena with lava for lavabenders thinks bloodbending is underpowered, especially if you are a lavabender said lava is for.

Saturtos

Verified Member
I doubt most of the people who have actually gone against waterbenders in a arena with lava for lavabenders thinks bloodbending is underpowered, especially if you are a lavabender said lava is for.
Fair point, but it is like I said. Bloodbending is useless unless you have the right conditions, e.g. lava. If you think about it all bending and sub-bending types may not be OP, but they can atleast hold their own, while bloodbending is stuck with it's one ability to move people around (which air can already do.) I believe bloodbending needs atleast ONE new move, I mean it was the first sub-bending and so far still has only one move...

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Fair point, but it is like I said. Bloodbending is useless unless you have the right conditions, e.g. lava. If you think about it all bending and sub-bending types may not be OP, but they can atleast hold their own, while bloodbending is stuck with it's one ability to move people around (which air can already do.) I believe bloodbending needs atleast ONE new move, I mean it was the first sub-bending and so far still has only one move...
It doesn't really need any more moves. Throwing people around is literally all you can do with it. I mean sure, Amon figured out to permanently sever Chi paths with it, but that's not exactly a mechanic people will add for just pvp. Maybe for Rpg, but not in this case.

Joeri

Verified Member
It doesn't really need any more moves. Throwing people around is literally all you can do with it. I mean sure, Amon figured out to permanently sever Chi paths with it, but that's not exactly a mechanic people will add for just pvp. Maybe for Rpg, but not in this case.
There's way more you can do with it. Like all the suggestions stated above

Joeri

Verified Member
I concur, it has a lot more abilities like the OP suggested, it's evident in the show too
Yes, if a bloodbender wanted they could literally freeze all the water inside you and you would die, or just burst it all out of your body..

Anyway i had this idea of my own

Massacre
Throws everyone in 10 block radius 2 blocks in the air, dealing 1.5 hearts of damage and slowing them with Slowness III for 2 seconds
Cooldown: 10 sec

Cripple
Cripples the target, dealing 2 hearts of damage, slow II for 5 seconds and Weakness II for 4 seconds and -1 resistance for 2 seconds
Range: 10
Cooldown: 25 sec

Saturtos

Verified Member
In the show it shows Hama using Aang and Sokka like human playthings throwing them at Katara and making them swing swords, throw punches at her, she wasn't just bloodbending them up in the air (which atm is the only thing bloodbending is good for.) In other instances Tarrlok uses his bloodbending to pin Korra to the ground. Also people who were caught in Hama's bloodbending and forced to walk under the mountain said they couldn't control their own limbs and did not know what was going on, meaning it is possible to do more than rudimentary throwing, or levitating people with bloodbending.

Joeri

Verified Member
Atm bloodbending is just kinda useless

Earth negates fall damage on earth
Air negates fall damage everywhere
Chi takes reduced fall damage
Fire can firejet
Water can surge shield or they use frostbreath which almost every server has

And imo throwing people around to kill them is just cheap

Saturtos

Verified Member
Atm bloodbending is just kinda useless

Earth negates fall damage on earth
Air negates fall damage everywhere
Chi takes reduced fall damage
Fire can firejet
Water can surge shield or they use frostbreath which almost every server has
Exactly! And come on really, bloodbending only has one move.... ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.