• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Blaze Rush (Firebending)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop StalkingMeh

Verified Member
VISUALISATION
WHAT IS IT?
Blaze Rush or Blaze Dash is a movement ability that grants a firebender unnatural speed and as they run, they leave behind a trail of fire and become immune to fire damage. Also, if they make contact with water, it evaporates, kind of like an air bubble. If they collide with a mob, the mob takes 1 heart of damage and get knocked back. Colliding with a block causes a small explosion that doesn't deal damage to the player but disables the ability. JUMPING also disables the ability.

WHY IS THIS MOVE UNIQUE?
The longer someones uses this, the faster they get BUT they get more weak. They take more damage if hit if they use this for more than 10 seconds and if used for 25 seconds, they start to take damage as if they are touching a cactus but at this point, they are uncontrollably fast but impossibly weak.

DURING EVENTS (OPTIONAL)
SOZINS COMET: Instead of leaving behind a trail of fire, they leave behind a trail of LAVA! Also, they start getting hurt after 60 seconds and jumping doesn't disable this ability
DAY: As described at the start
NIGHT: Half the speed but you still take damage.

VERDICT
Firebenders have been limited to only one movement ability, which is FireJet. I think this move will add more spice to the gameplay for all, firebenders and all other benders :p. Oh, you can modify this as much as you want, it doesn't have to be exactly like this, this is just an idea.

AZULA DID SOMETHING SIMILAR TO THIS ONCE IN ATLA. SKIP TO 2:06 (SPOILER)

Last edited:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
First of all, there is an addon from jedcore that allows firebenders to do this with firejet or atleast thats the clip the move from jedcore was based off of.

Second of all this thread hurts my eyes

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
1. What's wrong with JetBlast and HeatControl?
2. Firebender's fire isn't hot enough to melt anything, even through the sozin's comet aid. Otherwise, Ozai would have already killed aang in his earth ball, by super heating it until it would have melted into lava.
3. Adding my 2nd argument, Azula isn't the best example to demonstrate this ability. She can conjure and alter existing fire into blue fire - a fire that is a lot hot then regular fire. In minecraft - there's no such power in firebending. Therefor, we can declare that her speed and power of this ability might be different/advance from other firebenders.

Stop StalkingMeh

Verified Member
1. What's wrong with JetBlast and HeatControl?
2. Firebender's fire isn't hot enough to melt anything, even through the sozin's comet aid. Otherwise, Ozai would have already killed aang in his earth ball, by super heating it until it would have melted into lava.
3. Adding my 2nd argument, Azula isn't the best example to demonstrate this ability. She can conjure and alter existing fire into blue fire - a fire that is a lot hot then regular fire. In minecraft - there's no such power in firebending. Therefor, we can declare that her speed and power of this ability might be different/advance from other firebenders.
This move isn't supposed to be directly from the show, and Azula was the best demonstration I could find for this. It's not based on her moves. And the difference between this and firejet is that this is more suitable for PvP and this only works on the ground and grants you speed so this is much faster to travel through plains whereas firejet is more suitable for mountains etc.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
But what's wrong with jetblast and heatcontrol? Why don't you wanna use them. You go superfast + you are immune to fire. Why choose this ability over those two abilities?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Oh..... that what I'll be afraid of. Firebending isn't suppose to mobile same as or more than airbending. This ability would just outclass airbending.

Stop StalkingMeh

Verified Member
Oh..... that what I'll be afraid of. Firebending isn't suppose to mobile same as or more than airbending. This ability would just outclass airbending.
But this is limited movement as it gets disabled when you jump and you can only use it for a short period of time while you can use your fire trail to set entities on fire and colliding with an entity deals damage.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You do have a point there, but what about JetBlast? This could even be replaced with JetBlast.

Talking about physics, the firebender should be somehow hovering above the ground, because otherwise - r.i.p legs.

Still, super speed? No duration, cooldown? This is too overpowered! That's a no from me.

Last edited:

Stop StalkingMeh

Verified Member
You do have a point there, but what about JetBlast? This could even be replaced with JetBlast.

Talking about physics, the firebender should be somehow hovering above the ground, because otherwise - r.i.p legs.

Still, super speed? No duration, cooldown? This is too overpowered! That's a no from me.
Now that I think about it, this could be nerfed a bit :p. This was my first suggestion so thanks for helping out. There is a duration (sorta) with you dying from overusing it but with lowering the speed and having a long cooldown, this could be an epic firebender move :D

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Because if a firebender wants to hit you with the same attack many times, the spirits decide that he is abusing firebending. and send him to the Fog of Lost Souls,
Spammers don't die for over-abusing spam attacking. Snot faaAaAAaaiR..... Give them these drawbacks, not to this only!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Firebender dying from her own fire? Well that's an ironic way to go... Anyway, still overpowered - how will I be able to catch someone when they are dashing with this annoying thing?

Stop StalkingMeh

Verified Member
Firebender dying from her own fire? Well that's an ironic way to go... Anyway, still overpowered - how will I be able to catch someone when they are dashing with this annoying thing?
Again, I explained it earlier. If you manage to hit them with anything, they take an amplified amount of damage. So they are vulnerable to pretty much any element.

Janny

Verified Member
VISUALISATION
WHAT IS IT?
Blaze Rush or Blaze Dash is a movement ability that grants a firebender unnatural speed and as they run, they leave behind a trail of fire and become immune to fire damage. Also, if they make contact with water, it evaporates, kind of like an air bubble. If they collide with a mob, the mob takes 1 heart of damage and get knocked back. Colliding with a block causes a small explosion that doesn't deal damage to the player but disables the ability. JUMPING also disables the ability.

WHY IS THIS MOVE UNIQUE?
The longer someones uses this, the faster they get BUT they get more weak. They take more damage if hit if they use this for more than 10 seconds and if used for 25 seconds, they start to take damage as if they are touching a cactus but at this point, they are uncontrollably fast but impossibly weak.

DURING EVENTS (OPTIONAL)
SOZINS COMET: Instead of leaving behind a trail of fire, they leave behind a trail of LAVA! Also, they start getting hurt after 60 seconds and jumping doesn't disable this ability
DAY: As described at the start
NIGHT: Half the speed but you still take damage.

VERDICT
Firebenders have been limited to only one movement ability, which is FireJet. I think this move will add more spice to the gameplay for all, firebenders and all other benders :p. Oh, you can modify this as much as you want, it doesn't have to be exactly like this, this is just an idea.

AZULA DID SOMETHING SIMILAR TO THIS ONCE IN ATLA. SKIP TO 2:06 (SPOILER)

I REALLY love this move. The ONLY thing I disagree with is the fact that you take damage over time. Kinda ruins the purpose. Also, if you cant jump while using the move, you should add an auto-jump feature where you don't have to jump when you meet with a block so that 1 block doesn't stop a fire bender when using thing this. But other than that, I LOVE this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.