• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Bending Sounds!

Sounds in Project Korra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
With the original bending plugin being quite old, and having toyed around with the plugin a lot, I must say that the new moves and stuff are really refreshing. Good job!

My suggestion is mainly about the sounds bending creates. "Sounds? What? >:O" You might be thinking. As of this moment, the only moves that create sound are the Earth moves (fireball sound). The rest that do, FireBlast, for example, is because of the actual fire they create sometimes, or in LavaFlow's case, a pool of lava. Those sounds don't come from the actual moves themselves. The other moves create no sounds.

Imagine. You're in a pvp arena. You hear an earthbender as he's throwing rocks at you! You're FireJetting towards him whilst charging FireBurst. As you see fire appear, you release shift. A giant burst of flames erupt from your minecraft character! Fire everywhere, as your opponent burns to death! Very, very silently.

See what I mean?

Some of you might've played on Orion's server (the creator of the original plugin), and have experienced the last updates on his server. Moves like AirSwipe had sounds too! Surge made cracking sounds when you made it ice. Torrent made a wooshing sound as it flew past someone, similar to the sounds you make when you fastswim. It was amazing, and I'd love to see it in Project Korra too!

Last edited:

Immallama

Verified Member
I actually thought there was something wrong with my client because I couldn't hear any sounds! I never realized this feature wasn't added. I for one, would love to see this back in.

Is there any way to listen to all the available Minecraft sounds?

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yup. Actually, I was considering making an easy way for you all to make your own plugins to give bending sound, but this has been backtracked due to 1.4.0 required bugfixes.

ChrisfromMars

Verified Member
Yes please!! :D
I'd love to be in a battlefield dodging fireballs flying at you left and right, listening to the sound they make as they fly past your ear, or listen to the sound a tornado makes when you use it.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
If this does get added, we would definitely need to add a config option to turn it off.. A lot of people would complain about the constant noise of waterspout..

guy057

Verified Member
If and when pk upgrades to 1.8 then you will have the options to choose what sounds you want on, lowered, and off.

V

Vidcom

Of all moves, I personally feel FireBlast needs sound most, but all bending should have a sound of some kind, without a doubt.

owlcool

Verified Member
Have you ever heard a fire ball being thrown in ATLA? No? Then don't make that the loudest sound.

owlcool

Verified Member
We can't go in the ATLA world so we wouldn't know. (jk)

Nobody every said that they do make the loudest sound.
Vidcom said they should. Air made some actual sound. Fire only made sound when it hit somthing or it was burning somthing other then air.

V

Vidcom

Have you ever heard a fire ball being thrown in ATLA? No? Then don't make that the loudest sound.
I meant a FireBlast, which is seen most definitely in the show, quite a lot. I would even go far to say it's most firebenders primary offensive tool, and it always makes a sound. Here's a fight from TLA where every single shot made of fire is making a sound the second it fires. If you want more, I can provide.

owlcool

Verified Member
Blaze is terrible if you ever use it and move foward. Lightning has a giant warmup. Combustion has a large cool down. No, fire blast is defiantly not their primary move. Why don't we make it easier to dodge?

V

Vidcom

Blaze is terrible if you ever use it and move foward. Lightning has a giant warmup. Combustion has a large cool down. No, fire blast is defiantly not their primary move. Why don't we make it easier to dodge?
Those are all reasons to make FireBlast the main move... and FireBlast is already easy to dodge...

Status
Not open for further replies.