• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bending Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
For me personally JedCore sucked, but I think what would make this plugin still alive and in tune is another side plugin like that one, but thought with more frequent content. You are right about the Jedcore part - everyone left because Jedk1 abandonded it. It would mean a big thing for PK if somebody did recreate Jedcore (in conceptual way I mean), and it might turn out to be the dominant over his, If the person creates it right. If someone who knows how to code and considers making this type of ability dlc pack come to life, I suggest to that person to go through all of the fan suggested abilities/combos and try to introduce those that had a lot of positive reviews into the plugin.

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
When the change-log leaked for the first time back in the summer of 2016, 10% of the older community quit, i haven't seen them back since.
The rest of the older community where not optimistic or happy at all about the changes that were drafted, and i would say even people that were in their first year as not very convinced. I would actually pinpoint that exact moment as the rupture that started other developers splitting off and recreating bending in their own perspective.

I would say as i start my 4th year bending in the next January, that we don't get bored as such, we've experienced a basic configuration and coding for a while before Project Korra even started. due to the way we've had problems with updates on the whole plugin it's self for over 2 years now, i strongly presume that they found this as the key to their exit.

And why so?
It's because if you look back, a lot of you may not know but bending has been on a same basic format for a good 5 years, all the effort they put in to bending is diminished in this new code.

I would go so far to say that you put a lot of servers to sleep with the change-log, even some of the biggest servers got hit by it. Elementum got hit by the removal of jedcore, now imagine what happens when it's a removal of the whole basic format that we've known and loved for many many years.

I'm not expecting bending to past 2020.
If it does, it won't be bending as we know.

For your sake Loony, not mine, not anyone else's.
I would suggest that you make the coding amazing.

The fate of the community as a whole relies on that code. If there's a crack in it, we will all crumble.
As I have reminded every one hundred times over I'll do it again;
The changelog that was 'leaked' was a proposed list of changes that was not official in the slightest. This list has had major changes so much that it's further away from the list than it is closer to it. But, that's another story.

Your statement about 10% of the old community quitting when these changes were leaked and saying that the rest of the community was not happy with the changes offers no factual evidence. As head Concept Designer, the entirety of the time I have been giving information, answering questions, giving teasers, creating discussion within the bending community and every time I have I have seen nothing other that positive reactions and each time I begin a discussion on the future of Project Korra and bending as a whole I find repeating questions on issues with bending that this update hopes to fix so now I find myself in illusion of you stating the majority wasn't happy with changes that we've made extremely clear aren't official and have changed. Is this the case, or is it that you circle that you play with share the same opinion? I look at things from a larger perspective and consider the entirety of our community, not an opinion from one server, or one bunch of people, that would be bias.

Speaking of the entirety of the community, I can very easily say that the majority are wanting content updates and wanting us to flesh out the plugin and add more depth. They're also wanting us to improve the moves we have and overall hold a better standard for the content we have in our plugin; this is what we're aiming to do. The community is no longer happy with the bending plugin on its own because we have seen the potential that bending can have in creative work of addons, such as JedCore and when compared to the basics of the bending plugin, the quality of content vastly differs. Now, when you also say that we "put servers to sleep with the change log" I again claim no factual evidence. Firstly, recently we have improved in our servers and player stats which can be found on MCStats. Secondly, after going on every single bending server I can find from various server lists (ours included) I can confirm that our leaked documents are not putting servers to sleep, mainly because the majority don't know that it existed. I go on these servers to engage in a discussion with the community, answer questions and build hype for the update. The community seemed to be happy with some of the changes I teased, but again, I found it hard to find people that actually knew of our plans.

On the topic of developers leaving, Project Korra staff and addon developers;
It's no secret that we've messed up a lot in the past by releasing broken updates, heavily delaying updates and overall not communicating with the community as we would like to but it's something that we're trying to improve. This is one of the reasons some developers quit, but it isn't the only reason and I don't think you can take away the other reasons because they're just as valid. But that's another topic for a different day. Back onto us trying to improve overall; as a team, we're trying to improve and we have recently had a discussion with our community and asked "What do you want changed?" to gain feedback and implement it. We noted the feedback and have already changed our processes, but that doesn't mean work still isn't being done to improve the project.

I thank you for the input but I didn't see any factual evidence, I only saw your personal experience and point of view and you passing those as facts. As someone who checks our stats, someone who often visits various community's and someone whose job it is to listen to feedback regularly I can say without a doubt that your statement did not hold truth in relation as to why the 'old community' is quitting. People want updates, they want change. Not all, but the majority.

MIsty

Verified Member
Also, I swear I read Oct 15, 16. I'm blind. None the less, I felt he was wrong so I spoke up

xNuminousx

Verified Member
The changelog that was 'leaked' was a proposed list of changes that was not official in the slightest. This list has had major changes so much that it's further away from the list than it is closer to it. But, that's another story.

Your statement about 10% of the old community quitting when these changes were leaked and saying that the rest of the community was not happy with the changes offers no factual evidence. As head Concept Designer, the entirety of the time I have been giving information, answering questions, giving teasers, creating discussion within the bending community and every time I have I have seen nothing other that positive reactions and each time I begin a discussion on the future of Project Korra and bending as a whole I find repeating questions on issues with bending that this update hopes to fix so now I find myself in illusion of you stating the majority wasn't happy with changes that we've made extremely clear aren't official and have changed. Is this the case, or is it that you circle that you play with share the same opinion? I look at things from a larger perspective and consider the entirety of our community, not an opinion from one server, or one bunch of people, that would be bias.

Speaking of the entirety of the community, I can very easily say that the majority are wanting content updates and wanting us to flesh out the plugin and add more depth. They're also wanting us to improve the moves we have and overall hold a better standard for the content we have in our plugin; this is what we're aiming to do. The community is no longer happy with the bending plugin on its own because we have seen the potential that bending can have in creative work of addons, such as JedCore and when compared to the basics of the bending plugin, the quality of content vastly differs. Now, when you also say that we "put servers to sleep with the change log" I again claim no factual evidence. Firstly, recently we have improved in our servers and player stats which can be found on MCStats. Secondly, after going on every single bending server I can find from various server lists (ours included) I can confirm that our leaked documents are not putting servers to sleep, mainly because the majority don't know that it existed. I go on these servers to engage in a discussion with the community, answer questions and build hype for the update. The community seemed to be happy with some of the changes I teased, but again, I found it hard to find people that actually knew of our plans.

It's no secret that we've messed up a lot in the past by releasing broken updates, heavily delaying updates and overall not communicating with the community as we would like to but it's something that we're trying to improve. This is one of the reasons some developers quit, but it isn't the only reason and I don't think you can take away the other reasons because they're just as valid. But that's another topic for a different day. Back onto us trying to improve overall; as a team, we're trying to improve and we have recently had a discussion with our community and asked "What do you want changed?" to gain feedback and implement it. We noted the feedback and have already changed our processes, but that doesn't mean work still isn't being done to improve the project.

I thank you for the input but I didn't see any factual evidence, I only saw your personal experience and point of view and you passing those as facts. As someone who checks our stats, someone who often visits various community's and someone whose job it is to listen to feedback regularly I can say without a doubt that your statement did not hold truth in relation as to why the 'old community' is quitting. People want updates, they want change. Not all, but the majority.
Very well put together, Loony.

Krios101

Verified Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 10.47.14.png
^ ME
Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 10.48.11.png
^ O
Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 11.09.02.png
^ PB
Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 10.45.14.png
^BH
Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 11.09.38.png
^ BM
(screenshots as of 1st of December 2016 from various servers)

That took around 10 minutes, if i did a full sweep i'm pretty sure i could find much much more.

There was a group of players in the summer of 2016 that used to play the original plugin, it consisted of around 55 players, scattered across the community, we all presumed that you was going to take suggestions from the forums, from the majority that are active on the forums, it's in fact only players that have been around for either a small handful of months, or 1 year if that. this goes down into the fact that older players do not regularly check the forums, and some of them do, but it's mainly to find something to have a laugh at, such as glass bending, or something along that preposterous line. when we saw some of the accepted ideas, we either laughed harder or realised that this is actually happening.

By the end of that summer, 30 players remained.

Today, i'd say there's around 15-20 players left that played the official TLA plugin.
From that, i'd say there's around 4 players that played the original server.
^ like i said before, it's not the old that get bored, but the hungry majority of players that don't care if something is complete.

i would sincerely enjoy a private conversation with you about the future upcoming features.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Krios, censor those servers you advertise because you just broke the community. I suggest only leaving the first letters of the words, while replacing the lower case letters with *. That way, we can know to what servers you reference without actually spoiling it out.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I look at things from a larger perspective and consider the entirety of our community
That must be why the last post made on the home page is a frickin month old. Since you're Head Concept Designer after all, I'd think that if you were to look at the entirety of the community, you'd have a better form of communication between the CD team and the Community. At most, you've given us a teaser of this whole Firebending Rework that I've seen some staff members praise and adore. Just telling us that you're updating firebending isn't much, if anything, it's the bare minimum to properly serving and communicating to a playerbase. I'm not asking for all of the details, but there are many additions that have been questionable in the past, and a continuation of this secrecy policy won't help any future additions.

because we have seen the potential that bending can have in creative work of addons, such as JedCore and when compared to the basics of the bending plugin
JedCore- the craft of moves that penetrates literally any move that isn't based off of blocks (3/5s of the classes in the plugin atm). Using it for inspiration is fine, but then the question comes up, what exactly are you going to add from JedCore? This also ties in with communication issues, because I know a fair amount of people that don't appreciate JedCore. I also question what creativity JedCore had, since a lot of the moves that JC brought were just simply free-damage moves.

Secondly, after going on every single bending server I can find from various server lists (ours included) I can confirm that our leaked documents are not putting servers to sleep, mainly because the majority don't know that it existed.
I've travelled the vast serverlists too, and I can tell you at least half, if not more, of the servers using PK don't even know about this site. I've even encountered a server that thought that PK was founded by that server itself.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I thought I'm the only one left out in servers who doesn't adore JedCore at the slightest.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Loony

Verified Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^
View attachment 2602
^ ME
View attachment 2603
^ O
View attachment 2606
^ PB
View attachment 2604
^BH
View attachment 2607
^ BM

That took around 10 minutes, if i did a full sweep i'm pretty sure i could find much much more.

There was a group of players in the summer of 2016 that used to play the original plugin, it consisted of around 55 players, scattered across the community, we all presumed that you was going to take suggestions from the forums, from the majority that are active on the forums, it's in fact only players that have been around for either a small handful of months, or 1 year if that. this goes down into the fact that older players do not regularly check the forums, and some of them do, but it's mainly to find something to have a laugh at, such as glass bending, or something along that preposterous line. when we saw some of the accepted ideas, we either laughed harder or realised that this is actually happening.

Today, i'd say there's around 15-20 players left that played the official TLA plugin.
^ like i said before, it's not the old that get bored, but the hungry majority of players that don't care if something is complete.

i would sincerely enjoy a private conversation with you about the future upcoming features.
Using 5 servers out of 300 servers as an example doesn't prove your point. Talking about 50 players only when bending servers in total have hundreds upon hundreds also doesn't prove your point. Also, your facts are shaky again. There was more than 50 players who played TLA, but from your own experience you claim there was only 50 which is plain wrong.

What I take issue with is that you assume that we do not take suggestions from the forums. The majority of our plans came from suggestions from our forums that we worked on, which is further backed up by our 'in development' tags.

There's way more people left who played TLA, this I know for a fact because I played TLA and I know people who still play. I also know the reason the other people don't play anymore is because they got bored.

Look, I'm not arguing about this with you. We'be made amazing plans that we have spent hours on. Reactions have been good so far with what we'be teased and released and they will continue to be good from what I'm expecting. We have an entire team that loves bending and are doing our best to improve it to a majority's liking.

Loony

Verified Member
That must be why the last post made on the home page is a frickin month old. Since you're Head Concept Designer after all, I'd think that if you were to look at the entirety of the community, you'd have a better form of communication between the CD team and the Community. At most, you've given us a teaser of this whole Firebending Rework that I've seen some staff members praise and adore. Just telling us that you're updating firebending isn't much, if anything, it's the bare minimum to properly serving and communicating to a playerbase. I'm not asking for all of the details, but there are many additions that have been questionable in the past, and a continuation of this secrecy policy won't help any future additions.

JedCore- the craft of moves that penetrates literally any move that isn't based off of blocks (3/5s of the classes in the plugin atm). Using it for inspiration is fine, but then the question comes up, what exactly are you going to add from JedCore? This also ties in with communication issues, because I know a fair amount of people that don't appreciate JedCore. I also question what creativity JedCore had, since a lot of the moves that JC brought were just simply free-damage moves.

I've travelled the vast serverlists too, and I can tell you at least half, if not more, of the servers using PK don't even know about this site. I've even encountered a server that thought that PK was founded by that server itself.
I discuss things everywhere, not just on the forums. Shoutbox, messages, servers.

Never said we're adding things directly from JedCore, I said we've seen how much more advanced bending can become by looking at addons.

Moonelight

Verified Member
My Statement on the Issue: The Legend Of Korra (TV Show) ended over 2 years ago, and as more time goes by the amount of people discovering the community we have gets lower and lower. This can be seen with lower rates of people joining servers and actually staying on them. And the amount of people leaving servers is growing at the same time too. Don't lie; you can see this happening to almost every sever that is ATLA/TLOK related. To me it's really not that we aren't making new stuff that is causing the community to dry out, but rather the fact of how the actual TLA/LOK commuity is aging/growing up and leaving. Though there are clearly more factors that play into the drying out of our community, I honestly believe these are the biggest ones.

Just thought I'd say what I was thinking,
- Easte

xNuminousx

Verified Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^
View attachment 2602
^ ME
View attachment 2603
^ O
View attachment 2606
^ PB
View attachment 2604
^BH
View attachment 2607
^ BM

Using players in your argument seems invalid. The plugin is designed to entertain server owners while it's the server owners job to entertain the players. If players are leaving their server than there's something wrong with the way they have the bending CONFIG (configuration; something almost completely editable) and the way they run their server. You can't place the blame of player rate drop only on the Plugin Designers when it's the server owners who really show what the plugin is about with their unique server config.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
To add-on to my statement, I've seen SO MANY people (honestly countless) join and leave a server simply because the config was unbalanced, not to mention when players join these old servers with EXPERIENCED benders and rage quit. There are many playing factors here and blaming the plugin developers and concept designers is unfair.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah but wanna out that default CONFIG should be balanced (not saying it isn't, but its just an advise in general. Most servers don't brother cause they THINK it is balanced accordingly by the default given. "Leave the server/set it on your own" arguments are invalid, because like I said sometimes config on its own should be balanced, as magority server owners think its well balanced and don't bother changing. You would have to accept that the default watermanipulation's damage must be 20 hp, cause than your arguement is valid and acceptable to you.

Krios101

Verified Member
Using 5 servers out of 300 servers as an example doesn't prove your point. Talking about 50 players only when bending servers in total have hundreds upon hundreds also doesn't prove your point. Also, your facts are shaky again. There was more than 50 players who played TLA, but from your own experience you claim there was only 50 which is plain wrong.

What I take issue with is that you assume that we do not take suggestions from the forums. The majority of our plans came from suggestions from our forums that we worked on, which is further backed up by our 'in development' tags.

There's way more people left who played TLA, this I know for a fact because I played TLA and I know people who still play. I also know the reason the other people don't play anymore is because they got bored.

Look, I'm not arguing about this with you. We'be made amazing plans that we have spent hours on. Reactions have been good so far with what we'be teased and released and they will continue to be good from what I'm expecting. We have an entire team that loves bending and are doing our best to improve it to a majority's liking.

I didn't actually say there were 50 players in total that played TLA, i was talking about in the summer of 2016, on from that i did say that if i did a full sweep i probably would find more infrequencies, and also, its actually very very easy to set up a server with bending, if you have a spawn, arena, and decent config thats a basic server complete, i would know because in the Last month ive helped create 3 different bending servers, the hardest put you would know as an owner yourself is keeping the players on and willing to play, so i really have no doubt that there is approximately 300 bending servers, but im willing to bet that 50-100 of those servers have never reached 40 players, a further 50 are using a pay to win scheme, and a very small amount of servers are very high in success and high in players.

I will inbox my questions later on in the day.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
as magority server owners think its well balanced and don't bother changing.
So the player rate would still be on the server owners and not Pk. The owners would have been too lazy to edit it so they would deal with the effects of that. Pk simply draws an outline and I don't think it's their job to balance the config, I actually think the config should come with everything blank so the owners HAVE to go through and set it to their liking. Once a server owner adds Project Korra to their server it's their responsibility to be sure that it has a balanced config, or at least an enjoyable one.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Pk simply draws an outline and I don't think it's their job to balance the config, I actually think the config should come with everything blank so the owners HAVE to go through and set it to their liking.
Then ask yourself: why aren't all abilities have the damage value to 0 or 20? Why aren't they randomly ranging from 14-20 hearts? Surely it seems someway balanced, otherwise would they bother to even change it TWICE?

I'm not saying they should really put to much focus onto the config, but basic balances should be served by the pk as an default offer. They can simple complete ignore, but neither must they bat their eyes on it over-exaggeratly.

Based on what default settings you give, magority of servers will be relying on what it offered instead of changing themselves most of the things.

PK just balanced waterarms when it was first introduced into the pluginole and afterwards Loony change the whole config, so that shows that they're willing to tweak it when asked by the fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.