• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bending Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIsty

Bending is most certainly NOT dead. I'm sorry your feelings on this clearly came from a 'dead' place, but maybe you should find a better server lol

Well, bending in a way is somehlw dying because of slow we get any 'actional' content. Don't get me wrong, you do provide awesome changes and bug fixes, but is just that bendings gets boring for a while now since we get no or a few abilities when they are introduced into a plugin. People get bored with it quickly, right before a full year passes.

Although, the problem lies because our fault than of the pk department. If we wanted to get any new content, we could have just started to hop on java tutorials a long time ago and made the content ourselfs. :D

This isn't a hate speach of any kind towards any community. All I'm saying (how I think) the pk plugin right now currently stands, what its state is.

Loony

Well, bending in a way is somehlw dying because of slow we get any 'actional' content. Don't get me wrong, you do provide awesome changes and bug fixes, but is just that bendings gets boring for a while now since we get no or a few abilities when they are introduced into a plugin. People get bored with it quickly, right before a full year passes.

Although, the problem lies because our fault than of the pk department. If we wanted to get any new content, we could have just started to hop on java tutorials a long time ago and made the content ourselfs. :D

This isn't a hate speach of any kind towards any community. All I'm saying (how I think) the pk plugin right now currently stands, what its state is.
@OmniCypher

Gosh that english...

somehow* how slow* the plugin* more because of our fault*

For the most part, what I found weird is that custom abilities are... don't know how to put this in a word, but it is a 'limited' selection to be diversive (though not the right word, it's only very slightly accurate to what I'm trying to mean by that word) selection to be diversive. Like, IDK - custom abilities diversity follow the same issue. Over a whole year we got like idk, taking a wild precise number - 7. While referring to the number you might it a fairly decent in total to get for that period of time, those customs, those addons appear rarely and occasionally in the public servers. Call it BS or not, but I'm pretty sure ppl (not the devs, but the fans) really aren't passionate about the plugin as I do... PLS DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL. IT'S JUST MY STUPID OPINION.

I think modders of minecraft make mods more frequently, with the drastical comparison difference between, while coders make public custom abilities very rarely.

Loony

Also let me just say;

The bending community will see a huge revival when our 1.9.0 updates are complete. Yes, it's taking its time and at a halt right now while developers finish off ProBending but it'll probably pick up soon but, we're improving almost every ability and element which will completely change bending as it is now. Not only will this be more impressive and exciting for the new members of the community, a lot of the old members who got bored will come back to see and try out the new version of bending and it will be a whole new experience.

Bumbullbee

Also let me just say;

The bending community will see a huge revival when our 1.9.0 updates are complete. Yes, it's taking its time and at a halt right now while developers finish off ProBending but it'll probably pick up soon but, we're improving almost every ability and element which will completely change bending as it is now. Not only will this be more impressive and exciting for the new members of the community, a lot of the old members who got bored will come back to see and try out the new version of bending and it will be a whole new experience.
That'll be an amazing time, I can't wait!

Also let me just say;

Yeah, I had the same vision. When y'all say something will be done, that means it WILL be done, thought the exact time can't be predicted. I too can't wait for what the future holds for pk, and I can guarantee say that it will be a bright one!

xNuminousx

When y'all say something will be done, that means it WILL be done, thought the exact time can't be predicted.
Yes, very true. I am glad you guys stopped teasing times when it will be done. I remember 5 months ago a little dev bird said 1.8 CORE will be out in a week and Pk 1.9 Beta would be out the following week.... o_O Let's just say that didn't exactly happen.

Nah, that would just leaves us unotified and that would be... very odd. I think at least annoucing the delay in any sort of threas would be better instead of just telling it the chat "Omni's pc broke" 4-5 weeks past, where not everybody would see that message the next day it disappears.

Loony

Nah, that would just leaves us unotified and that would be... very odd. I think at least annoucing the delay in any sort of threas would be better instead of just telling it the chat "Omni's pc broke" 4-5 weeks past, where not everybody would see that message the next day it disappears.
His PC just broke lol.

Krios101

Also let me just say;

When the change-log leaked for the first time back in the summer of 2016, 10% of the older community quit, i haven't seen them back since.
The rest of the older community where not optimistic or happy at all about the changes that were drafted, and i would say even people that were in their first year as not very convinced. I would actually pinpoint that exact moment as the rupture that started other developers splitting off and recreating bending in their own perspective.

I would say as i start my 4th year bending in the next January, that we don't get bored as such, we've experienced a basic configuration and coding for a while before Project Korra even started. due to the way we've had problems with updates on the whole plugin it's self for over 2 years now, i strongly presume that they found this as the key to their exit.

And why so?
It's because if you look back, a lot of you may not know but bending has been on a same basic format for a good 5 years, all the effort they put in to bending is diminished in this new code.

I would go so far to say that you put a lot of servers to sleep with the change-log, even some of the biggest servers got hit by it. Elementum got hit by the removal of jedcore, now imagine what happens when it's a removal of the whole basic format that we've known and loved for many many years.

I'm not expecting bending to past 2020.
If it does, it won't be bending as we know.

For your sake Loony, not mine, not anyone else's.
I would suggest that you make the coding amazing.

The fate of the community as a whole relies on that code. If there's a crack in it, we will all crumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.