• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Avatar State: Strength

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
As shown when Korra was interrogating Baatar Jr, The Avatar State can not only enhance the Avatar's bending abilities 100-fold, but grants the Avatar enhanced physical strength as well, which was shown when the Avatar entered the Avatar State and lifted Baatar Jr up with one arm:

So, I propose that the Avatar be given the ability to use the command /strength, which will send them into the Avatar State, and will open up a double chest configuration/grid in which they can store items, and they will not lose the items, not even when they die, unless they die while in the Avatar State.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
She also used it to bust through solid metal chains that she couldn't break before

owlcool

Verified Member
Isn't Korra just really strong on her own? I mean, her arms are pretty muscular.
I remember korra lifting up both mako and bolin in a bear hug, if that helps prove your point.

Anyways, I doubt that is how the avatar state did it, I believe it is like a adrenaline rush. You know, the state of mind in which everything around you slows down, and you seem to be three times as strong as before? Am I the only one here that has had that?

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
I remember korra lifting up both mako and bolin in a bear hug, if that helps prove your point.

Anyways, I doubt that is how the avatar state did it, I believe it is like a adrenaline rush. You know, the state of mind in which everything around you slows down, and you seem to be three times as strong as before? Am I the only one here that has had that?
A lot of people who sit on a computer all day after school, play minecraft, and post on forums aren't exactly too physically active. You do the math.

owlcool

Verified Member
Yeah, well there is a problem with adrenaline rushes. They decrease pain, and in this case it is a bad thing. Your mind normally would hold you back from doing things that could tear your muscles, and with decreased pain that can make it go unnoticed, so you won't know when to stop. It also increases or is the embodiment of range. While yes, you can master this, it is simply to dangerous in any situation other then life and death. While yes, you can induce it, it is still dangerous. So don't try this at home kiddies. You might just rip a muscle clean off. If this is implemented it would be triggered by avatar state and would make every damage twice or more effective.

Migsel

Verified Member
As shown when Korra was interrogating Baatar Jr, The Avatar State can not only enhance the Avatar's bending abilities 100-fold, but grants the Avatar enhanced physical strength as well, which was shown when the Avatar entered the Avatar State and lifted Baatar Jr up with one arm:

So, I propose that the Avatar be given the ability to use the command /strength, which will send them into the Avatar State, and will open up a double chest configuration/grid in which they can store items, and they will not lose the items, not even when they die, unless they die while in the Avatar State.
So /strength just puts the user into the avatar state and opens up a chest to store stuff? How would you open the chest while not in the avatar state? I lost the ability to even (@)-(@)

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
She is really strong on her own. Plus, I think avatar state's config allows you to control the potion effects and already has preset buffs :3

And she got her haircut :O Kinda reminds me of dora...

owlcool

Verified Member
She is really strong on her own. Plus, I think avatar state's config allows you to control the potion effects and already has preset buffs :3

And she got her haircut :O Kinda reminds me of dora...
Aang was a peaceful nomad, not exactly the type of guy to fall into a adrenaline rush, even in the avatar state. We can assume that since the avatar state was triggered in times of trouble, adrenaline and 'state go hand in hand.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
Aang was a peaceful nomad, not exactly the type of guy to fall into a adrenaline rush, even in the avatar state. We can assume that since the avatar state was triggered in times of trouble, adrenaline and 'state go hand in hand.
Well, there was the time he drank that tea that the crazy general made him drink to induce the Avatar State.

owlcool

Verified Member
Well, there was the time he drank that tea that the crazy general made him drink to induce the Avatar State.
You do realize that drugs can induce adrenaline, right? And another thing, the avatar state tea did not work. I won't go into particulars on what drugs can, because they are straight up dangerous. If you really want a adrenaline rush, get into a fight. Anyways, adrenaline tends to basically eliminate common sense. You start fighting 3 times as hard, twice as fast, then you will run low on common sense.