• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Avatar Mod 2: Out of the Iceberg has come to ProjectKorra

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone! We're in the process of making several changes to ProjectKorra but I wanted to take some time out to announce an exciting new addition to the project: Avatar Mod 2 - Out of the Iceberg.

This is a Forge Mod that was originally developed by @CrowsOfWar. Crows and a couple of other developers have joined the ProjectKorra team to continue development on the project.

You can find more information here: http://projectkorra.com/avatar-mod-2/

Please bear with us as we work to get documentation up to speed and sections of the website and forum fleshed out.

We're excited for the next steps for ProjectKorra as we expand our mission statement and goals.

Thanks everyone :)

FavouriteDragon

Staff member
Forge Developer
In case anyone didn't know, I'm also a developer for the mod! Right now, I'm working on levels for abilities. In the next update, a5.0, specialty bending will be partially implemented, and a lot more abilities will be available! In a6.0, crows and I are planning on a skill tree for abilities!

xNuminousx

In case anyone didn't know, I'm also a developer for the mod! Right now, I'm working on levels for abilities. In the next update, a5.0, specialty bending will be partially implemented, and a lot more abilities will be available! In a6.0, crows and I are planning on a skill tree for abilities!
Sounds nifty!

BMT

Will the be any way to edit the configs, make moves to your likings, such as Project Korra?

BMT

Also, is the plugin going to be slots based or combinations based, like pressing some button and choosing your ability?

Personally, I think that you should use slots based because it's quicker and easier to use.

Thank you,

BMT

FavouriteDragon

Staff member
Forge Developer
@BMT Actually the mod uses radial menus, and you can bind moves to whatever key you want. So if you have earthbending, just press x and go to the move you want to use, or just press k to go to the skills menu and bind that move to whatever key you want.

FavouriteDragon

Staff member
Forge Developer
I think making controls similar to LOK video game would fit well.
If you're referring to the steam game, the controls are already similar. However, I think a radial menu allows for you to choose what abilities you want, instead of just being lucky, and having custom keybinds means you can bend fluidly.

BMT

If you're referring to the steam game, the controls are already similar. However, I think a radial menu allows for you to choose what abilities you want, instead of just being lucky, and having custom keybinds means you can bend fluidly.
Keybinds would be the best.

A good suggestion would be animations. Like flying animations, bending animations and much more.

FavouriteDragon

Staff member
Forge Developer
Keybinds would be the best.

A good suggestion would be animations. Like flying animations, bending animations and much more.
Different keybinds for each ability wouldn't work, as there is going to be at least 64 abilities+ total, hopefully around 16+ abilities for each base element. The skill menu will let you choose which abilities you can use on the radial menu, and through the skill menu, you can also bind abilities to different keys, if you want. But it'll be hard for you to fluently use 8+ different keybinds in combat.
For animations: I think they're really cool, and something we should add, but I don't know how. If you know any good animation tutorials for minecraft forge please let me know. I tried already asking GoblinBob, but he hasn't responded.

I believe there is/was a naruto plugin that like had gesture animation. Contacting the creator(s) may help (If they consider guiding it through the procress of a tutorial).