• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Avatar Exclusive bending abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutterbutter

Verified Member
So, this is a pretty wonky suggestion, so if it gets instantly denied I won't be sad lol.

We all know Avatarstate improves your bending abilities tenfold, and there are a couple of nice avatar only skills (spiritbeam, elementsphere, etc).

But I was thinking, instead of just improving upon abilities, have some abilities from each element, ONLY usable in the avatarstate.

Have abilities such as "Tidalrush" or "Earthslam" that take huge amounts of concentration, but utterly devestate your enemies.

I'm not trying to make it too op, but as we've seen from the show, avatarstate is nearly unstoppable, so I think being able to perform feats deemed impossible without the avatarstate, in the avatarstate, is well, fitting.

An example of this would be Ozai vs Aang, or Korra vs Zaheer, and almost any other fight where the avatar goes into the avatarstate.

Thanks for reading, all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Edit - For some reason I can't upload a gif right now, some sort of error is popping up, but before people ask "what would it look like", take for example when Korra firejets onto a small mountain while fighting zaheer, and spins around it carving off the giant mountain (in the avatarstate) and then launches it at Zaheer. Stuff like that is my basic concept for this change.

Last edited:

Trent

Verified Member
There already is an ability for Avatars, I believe it is called Element Sphere or something of that sort.

nutterbutter

Verified Member
There already is an ability for Avatars, I believe it is called Element Sphere or something of that sort.
I addressed this quite clearly in my post. I said while there are a few AVATAR abilities (spiritbeam, elementsphere, etc), that there should be one or two abilities from each seperate element that you could use only in the avatarstate, like say an ability called Tidalrush where you have to concentrate and slowly build up a humongous damaging tidal wave. Stuff of that sort.

Trent

Verified Member
I addressed this quite clearly in my post. I said while there are a few AVATAR abilities (spiritbeam, elementsphere, etc), that there should be one or two abilities from each seperate element that you could use only in the avatarstate, like say an ability called Tidalrush where you have to concentrate and slowly build up a humongous damaging tidal wave. Stuff of that sort.
Sorry I skipped over that. However, if you're going to suggest getting abilities for Avatar State, you should thoroughly explain each move and specify that it can only be used in Avatar State. This thread is really vague.

Hartford15

Verified Member
Sorry I skipped over that. However, if you're going to suggest getting abilities for Avatar State, you should thoroughly explain each move and specify that it can only be used in Avatar State. This thread is really vague.
He did say it was only usable in avatar state. Maybe instead of only him coming up with the abilities there could be a separate thread for those. This thread was simply stating that there should be abilities that are only usable in avatarstate.

Trent

Verified Member
He did say it was only usable in avatar state. Maybe instead of only him coming up with the abilities there could be a separate thread for those. This thread was simply stating that there should be abilities that are only usable in avatarstate.
This is what I was saying.

Trent

Verified Member
Actually you said the thread was vague yet he was just suggesting the idea of abilities only usable in avatar state. Not the actual abilities
I was only stating that this thread is pretty much useless as far as even "suggesting" it. I might as well make a thread saying we should make new abilities. He should make suggestions for new moves and state that they can only be used in Avatar State.

nutterbutter

Verified Member
Also, you can only have one move/idea per thread.
My apologies. I'm new.

Why are you telling me my thread is vague if you skipped over it without reading it through? But I admit, it's pretty vague. I did say, though you might of skipped that too, that it's just a "basic concept". Sorry I didn't detail it very well, it wasn't a single move suggestion though, it was just a perk for the avatar state I though might be cool/useful.

Actually you said the thread was vague yet he was just suggesting the idea of abilities only usable in avatar state. Not the actual abilities
Thanks for defending me (somewhat). I hope you enjoyed the idea.

Trent

Verified Member
My apologies. I'm new.

Why are you telling me my thread is vague if you skipped over it without reading it through? But I admit, it's pretty vague. I did say, though you might of skipped that too, that it's just a "basic concept". Sorry I didn't detail it very well, it wasn't a single move suggestion though, it was just a perk for the avatar state I though might be cool/useful.

Thanks for defending me (somewhat). I hope you enjoyed the idea.

Sorry I'm not trying to offend you. I just thought this thread should've been more about the abilities because it doesn't help the Project Korra team very much if you don't give them more to work with. I didn't mean to come off rude. <3

nutterbutter

Verified Member
Sorry I'm not trying to offend you. I just thought this thread should've been more about the abilities because it doesn't help the Project Korra team very much if you don't give them more to work with. I didn't mean to come off rude. <3
Understandable, and sorry if I came off rude aswell. Like I said, I won't be sad if it got instantly denied, and I'm still in shock Easte put this into "Looking into".

I just thought the avatar should have more of a kick to it, to show off the true power of the avatarstate. Not just big surge shields and unlimited firejet. Thanks for reading :)

Ron

Verified Member
Maybe It's possible to reduce the global cooldown of the player in the AvatarState, so he will be able to bend elements at the highest speed.

Rain Drop

Verified Member
Nice idea, here are a few suggestions.
Instead of having separate moves for the avatar state, there should be combos that use current moves. (for example: you mentioned something like earthslam, so that would be raiseearth (shift) + earthblast (click).
So basically, avatar combos. I think it would just feel simpler, because taking all that time to bind moves that you can't use out of the avatar state seems impractical, and this way you'd be able to have so many combos using so many different elements, without having to replace your slots with avatarstate moves that you'd have to unbind once you weren't in the avatarstate.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think the avatar state in general could use some improvements first, to make it more realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.