• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Auto sourcing issue.

Lia

Hey! I'm trying to make my server feel like the original bending plugin. With the new update, auto sourcing was added. Obviously, this wasn't in TLA, and I personally hate it. Is there anyway I can disable auto sourcing or an addon I can get to disable it? Cheers.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Hey! I'm trying to make my server feel like the original bending plugin. With the new update, auto sourcing was added. Obviously, this wasn't in TLA, and I personally hate it. Is there anyway I can disable auto sourcing or an addon I can get to disable it? Cheers.
Recently it was discussed, but there isn't. There is a chance that the developers will bring that boolean option back.

AndDrew

Verified Member
Older benders shouldn't be so stubborn tho and just realize how useful it is.
it makes rivering irrelevant and using manip/ eblast so mindless. You used to actually had to think to use these moves efficiently and it had more depth.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
it makes rivering irrelevant and using manip/ eblast so mindless. You used to actually had to think to use these moves efficiently and it had more depth.
Same can be argued for airswipe/fireblast. Though I say it's much more useful for waterbenders than earthbender. Not only it's make it fair for all elements, but you don't have to move your POV back and forth like a crazy camera man when the river is behind you.

Though I kinda dislike how it picks up the water from further distance radius than you expect it would do up close. For that, it ruins probending experence and you may accidentally cheat.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Yes, simply looking down and tapping shift is so much more effective...... :/

Honestly, the way it is now is how it was in the show in the midsts of battle. You didn't see the bender looking down to their source EVERY time. Once they selected it once, they were able to use that source over and over again with ease.

The way it is now is more efficient and canon. A crappy bender is still gonna be crappy if there's auto sourcing or not.

DDR

Verified Member
Yes, simply looking down and tapping shift is so much more effective...... :/

Honestly, the way it is now is how it was in the show in the midsts of battle. You didn't see the bender looking down to their source EVERY time. Once they selected it once, they were able to use that source over and over again with ease.

The way it is now is more efficient and canon. A crappy bender is still gonna be crappy if there's auto sourcing or not.
I think the thing that really bothers most people is that you used to have to aim your watermanip, and on some servers manip is spammable, AND has dynamic/autosourcing. I appreciate that you guys added it thinking about the newer people but coming from a person who can play both with and without dynamic, I would much rather have to individually control my shots and not flat out spam shift to get them in, you know?

DDR

Verified Member
Older benders have this reputation of being severely toxic and I agree on certain levels but I think most of us have let time get rid of that for us and now I just want to have fun :)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Manuel sourcing is still need, even when the active/auto sourcing enabled. It provides waterbenders with the options of choosing to attack from any angle. However If there's a pond behind you, it just becomes incovenient and annoying having to look away from your opponent to quickly pick the water and back at them.

Imo, bending burnout system would be better from stopping mindless spam from all 4 four basic abilities (watermanip, airswipe). The Longer you spam the same move, the bigger the cooldown grows gradually.

I think the thing that really bothers most people is that you used to have to aim your watermanip, and on some servers manip is spammable, AND has dynamic/autosourcing. I appreciate that you guys added it thinking about the newer people but coming from a person who can play both with and without dynamic, I would much rather have to individually control my shots and not flat out spam shift to get them in, you know?
Nothing against your suggestion, so I do thinga/agree that there needs an off-switch for active/auto sourcing.

Reactions: DDR

DDR

Verified Member
\
Manuel sourcing is still need, even when the active/auto sourcing enabled. It provides waterbenders with the options of choosing to attack from any angle. However If there's a pond behind you, it just becomes incovenient and annoying having to look away from your opponent to quickly pick the water and back at them.

Imo, bending burnout system would be better from stopping mindless spam from all 4 four basic abilities (watermanip, airswipe). The Longer you same move, the bigger the cooldown grows gradually.

Nothing against your suggestion, so I do thinga/agree that there needs an off-switch for active/auto sourcing.
Agreed =), to each their own honestly, because I would much rather have to keep in mind certain battle tactics such as positioning and how to get behind your enemy very quickly using vanilla moves from Orion's, but I also enjoy using gimbal and then quickly using a waterflow to disorientate and drag people into an icewall as well ;). It's preference in the end, and at this point I think old benders just want to get nostalgic and relive all the fun we had, and that is one big reason why dynamic and autosourcing is an issue for us.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I personally dislike gimbal and waterflow. One is stripped down torrent, the other is airstream unlogically given to water. I wouldn't find bending nostalgic with those installed, but ok.

DDR

Verified Member
I personally dislike gimbal and waterflow. One is stripped down torrent, the other is airstream unlogically given to water. I wouldn't find bending nostalgic with those installed, but ok.
''BUT I also enjoy using gimbal and then quickly using a waterflow''.. meaning that its not the part of nostalgia I was referring to. Lol.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yes, but I'm just saying it wouldn't bring back nostalgia for me. No addons would probably do the trick for me.

DDR

Verified Member
Yes, but I'm just saying it wouldn't bring back nostalgia for me. No addons would probably do the trick for me.
I started bending with Orion's plugin back when it was really new, around late 2012. No addon from PK would bring nostalgia back like a server balanced by old benders would. This is why we are currently looking to get rid of dynamic sourcing. Not to mention that those times were absolutely amazing. ;/

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Just submitted a PR to add this config option as we spoke about it the other day in the devs channel, so assuming all goes well and it gets merged, expect this in 1.8.7.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I personally dislike gimbal
Did you not make a suggestion that was called Gimbal and acted very similar to the JedCore one?
One is stripped down torrent
That's actually the reason your Gimbal suggest got denied, because it was similar to Torrent. And then sparked a whole discussion over CD contradictions.

I think old benders just want to get nostalgic and relive all the fun we had
Then all you old benders could group together, pitch in some cash and make your own server. Edit the config and disable some moves to make it JUST like the "good ol' days." Can't turn off the auto sourcing? Then you could just manually do it the ol' fashioned way or wait for the 1.8.7 release that Sobki just contributed to (even though it's not added).