• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Anime Thread

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm just gonna bump this thread cos it's fun and it can still have a purpose.

I watched a few more animes by now so here is my top 3;

Tokyo Ghoul

This is my number 3. The end was so emotional and I just loved it.

Another

I simply love all the blood and dead related things that happen in it.

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary

This is definitely my favourite. I fucking love the story and the whole idea behind it. The end just got me like

There ya go, my top 3.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member

Gakkou Gurashi

A pretty typical moe slice of life anime, but is absolutely fun! Just make sure to watch the ENTIRE first episode and don't read ANYTHING else about it before watching it.

Joeri

Verified Member

Tokyo Ghoul

Another

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary

This is definitely my favourite. I fucking love the story and the whole idea behind it. The end just got me like

There ya go, my top 3.
Tokyo Ghoul and Another. I love both of them.
Mirai Nikki. I liked it, but i spoiled it completly for myself so i know the ending but stopped around Episode 12

owlcool

Verified Member
I am surprised nobody put up some of my favorite anime yet.
Psycho-Pass and Death Note are pretty good, although they both fall relatively flat in their second season.
Ones that I am surprised nobody put up yet to look like a pervert was Monster Musume, Ben-To, Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka, No Game No Life and Strike the Blood.

I haven't finished it yet, but Monster is good.
I like Assassination Classroom, I think it needs a second season.
Finally, I like a Certain Magical Index and a Certain Scientific Railgun for the fight scenes, despite half of one's humor being offensive and the other being a general Shounen anime.
I will put up pictures in a bit.

owlcool

Verified Member

Monster Musume in a Picture:

Ben-To:

Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka:

No Game No Life:

Strike the Blood:

Monster:

Assassination Classroom:

A Certain Magical Index:

A Certain Scientific Railgun:

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Also, Steins; Gate can easily be considered Mediocre, although I think it is decent.
Angel Beats is an ultra rewatchable anime.
Anyways, I will post some anime I don't particularly favor, but many people do.
Fullmetal Alchemist:

Clannad(It has a sequel and many people actually cry when watching it):

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!:

Charlotte:

This is actually my favorite anime, although I know you will think of me as extremely childish for favoring it so.
GJ-Bu:

For anyone on here that wants to watch anime, I would recommend the website Kissanime.com
It is free and has practically every anime you will want to see. It doesn't even ask you to make an account or have any pop-up ads or ads interrupting your episodes.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
:D One of these threads. How have I not seen this thread till now?

So many good anime have been posted. I feel so out of the loop on this now hehe. I have watched quite a few anime now so I've got my fair share. Since so many of my favorites have already been shared, I'll just post the ones I loved that haven't surfaced yet.

Clannad is a very beautiful anime based about a teenage drop-kick who goes through high school thinking life is dull until he decides to randomly help this girl he meets on the way to school. He starts getting more involved with her problems and starts to realize that life isn't so dull, meeting lots of new people and friends along the way (sounds cheesy, I know. I'm bad at summarizing ;-; )

(This may be biased as well, but I preffered watching subbed over the dubbed version. The dubbed voice actors in my opinion were just too unfit for the characters and made it hard to watch :p )
Clannad

Although a lot of people get put off by the animation styles in the anime, it is seriously one of the most heart warming stories you will ever come across. Plus, it is full laughs and has a range of very interesting characters. I seriously recommend watching this anime, especially because of season 2!

Clannad: After Story

I know I just summarized the first season, but this season is twice as good as the first. Even if you thought the first was just okay, this season is a MUST WATCH. It's much more emotional but the ending is so for-filling, and it is literally life changing.

The basic story for this season is about their post high school life. I won't go into much detail so I don't spoil it but it also ties everything together in "unknown world" that was seen in the first season.

Again, truly amazing anime/season. You seriously have to watch it, just get the tissues ready.

Sakura-sou no Pet na Kanojo/The Pet Girl of Kanojo

This is another great anime with amazing art style that's both very humorous and light-hearted. The basic gist of this is it's about a dude who gets kicked out of the school dorms because he took in a homeless cat who is forced to move to "Sakurasou". Sakurasou is a place where effectively rejects get thrown who don't belong in the normal student dorms, and although the main protaganist hates the idea at first, the place and the people start to grow on him. Then stuff gets crazy when he gets put on "Mashiro Duty".

Very good anime, good if you want something to leave you with a warm feeling inside :D

(Side Note: Although it's not an ecchi anime, you may not like it as much if you aren't into ecchi humor . So just be warned! xD )

I'm short for time now but I will post more later. Hope you guys get something out of these anime if you decide to watch them though :D

Edit: Oh damn, someone just bet me to Clannad xD Oh well

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member

Tokyo Ghoul

Another

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary

There ya go, my top 3.
Cool, I have seen Another and used it as inspiration for a Creepypasta.
I think in some part of Another blood dyes white roses red. I wrote a creepypasta with that feature.

But seriously anyways, do you really like it for the blood? That is pretty low in my opinion as a Creepypasta writer and someone who watched the show.

Joeri

Verified Member
So i'll be making my top 3 in the order of which is liked the most.

Noragami = Season 1.
Noragami Aragoto = Season 2.

An anime about an unfamous god named Yato. He wants to become a famous god, but has a dark past.
Gods use "Regalia's" to fight, which are spirits and they can transform into weapons.
Not all Regalia's are loyal, as can be seen with Yukine and Yato. Yukine is yato's regalia.

By far my most favorite Anime. I love it.
The soundtracks are good, it has funny scenes, sad scenes, battle scenes. All in one and i simply love everything of it.
I love Yato, he's so dumb yet clever and very savage when serious.
Even the last few episodes of the Anime were non canon they were great. Good animation overal.
Second season is super good too. Good OST and good animation.

26 episodes with Season 2.
Personal rating: 10/10
Recommend: 10/10

Kyoukai No Katana = Season 1.
Mirai-hen = Movie which takes part 1 year after the anime. Basically a short season 2.

The anime is about a guy who has a monster in him: The Beyond the Boundary.
It makes him near immortal, however. A dangerous monster aswell..

I loved every part of this, from emotional scenes, to hapyness. to joy, to fear, to battles.
Everything, most people complain about the ending because it doesn't make sense. But i don't care about that
I love Akihito. He's clever, dumb and funny. A bit like Yato from Noragami.
Mirai is also clever, but she's more like "pls notice me senpai"
Great battle scenes and really good animation.
The movie. Oh my god. I cannot describe the feels.

Sadly, a short anime aswell. But the movie kinda makes up for it,
12 episodes.
Personal rating: 9/10
Recommend: 9/10

This one is a bit harder to understand. But really fun.
It's an anime about people who have magical powers. But not big powers. Small powers. Like making yourself semi invisible or focusing people their attention to something.
However, the way they use their powers is really clever and can lead to some pretty mindblowing strategies and scenes.

Good soundtracks. Mindblowing and awesome strategic scenes. It's short which is sad, i hope it will get another season some day.
12 episodes
Personal rating: 8/10
Recommended: 9/10

Overall. You should really watch all 3 of them. They are not that long and really enjoyable