• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirWheel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
(There is a difference between debating and arguing in the comments, please debate, don't argue)
Red text = Removed by Union

I was reading through the AirBending page on the Avatar Wiki. I found out the following about AirWheel:

Air wheel: This is a modified version of the air scooter invented by Tenzin.[20] Air is rapidly spun around the airbender and carries the person inside the wheel of air. It is also able to cut through solid objects. Tenzin used this technique during the battle at the Equalist factory.[21] (Copied from the avatar wiki)

Air can't break land as of now. AirWheel would could be used like FireJet in JedCore. If you shift in air with AirScooter, you enable AirWheel.

Tenzin uses AirWheel at 3:25 in this video. There isn't much else to explain, everything is pretty clear from the description of AirWheel from the wiki. So this move is an accurate and real move, and it isn't a random way to move air around you.

The only reason I see this not being added it giving air more agility than it needs. But in reality, thats what air is.

Thanks for reading! If you thought of something I haven't thought of that I like, I'll add it to this thread.

Edits:
Edit 1 -
As stated above, this ability can "...cut through solid objects." Giving is a unique perspective to AirScooter. Thinking about it more, this could be better as a combo (AirSwipe (LeftClick) -> AirScooter). This would only break walls, not the block underneath you.

This would have a similar use to in the show - To break cut through solid objects and for mobility. This would have a config of what blocks it can break and can't break through, as cutting through bedrock would be just a little bit op.

Edit 2 - The config would edit the: Speed, Cooldown, Blockbreak Strength (Not sure how to word that one), Size (How big it is around you), Blocks it can break, and description. That is the same as AirScooter except with the added abilities that AirWheel bring, making it a different move to AirScooter. This gives another option of agility to air benders with a "spin" to it. (Tell me if you got that joke).

Edit 3:
(These are estimates, not exactly what they should be. Do not think bad of this move because these are .5 off of what you want)

Speed: 0.85
Cooldown: 3000
Duration (I couldn't find the duration of AirScooter, so I'm going to say 1 second less than AirScooter's duration)
Size: This would bring you up 1 block above the ground, and a wheel of air would form around you a block above/below you. (I don't know how else to describe size)
Blocks it can break: Dirt, Grass, Mycel, Coarsed Dirt, Podzol, Gravel, Sand, RedSand, Clay (The blocks will regenerate) And you can only break blocks in front of you, not below you.

~Union

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
This has been suggested before and denied since in effect its the same as air scooter. On top of this you only explained what this is in the show, not its function, or a config.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
This has been suggested before and denied since in effect its the same as air scooter. On top of this you only explained what this is in the show, not its function, or a config.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the feedback, editing now to what you said. Thanks for telling me that, I knew I was forgetting something but didn't know what I was forgetting.

Thanks for catching it early on instead of later and this being denied because of those silly things I missed. (I'd rather this get denied for a good reason instead of because I forgot something)

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Okay looks better, but cutting through walls wasn't really shown in the series, and by config options it means what it would be like by default. Like default speed. Might I suggest a further tweak to have a combo that acts like a faster, but limited version of air scooter that does knock back or minor damage.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
Union, do you know why we have a search engine in this forum? Did you even that it is there? I guess not (http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/combo-suggestion-airwheel.829/).
Actually, I didn't know there was a search system. Thanks for telling me! I'll be sure to use it :p

The idea of that AirWheel and mine are similar, I think I went more in-depth in it, but they are very similar. Thanks for showing me that, I'll read through it and see if there is anything there I can add to this to edit this to make it the best it can be.

Last edited:

promancer

Verified Member
Actually, I didn't know there was a search system. Thanks for telling me! I'll be sure to use it :p

The idea of that AirWheel and mine are similar, I think I went more in-depth in it, but they are very similar. Thanks for showing me that, I'll read through it and see if there is anything there I can add to this to edit this to make it the best it can be.
Might I suggest a solution to your problem? Instead of breaking all blocks it would be set in default in config to break just dirt all the other sub materials i. e. coarse dirt, granite gravel, red clay. Also, it would leave more of a non permenant trail rather than landing in a whole when it runs out.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
Might I suggest a solution to your problem? Instead of breaking all blocks it would be set in default in config to break just dirt all the other sub materials i. e. coarse dirt, granite gravel, red clay. Also, it would leave more of a non permenant trail rather than landing in a whole when it runs out.
So again, the blocks it would break would be configurable. But by default, it would break (non permeant) dirt block variants. I like the idea, I'll add it to this.

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
I like this idea, although instead of breaking blocks, I think it should push opponents to the side or swirl them around, similar to AirShield or Tornado. Also, I think you should be able to use other abilities whilst mounted on this wheel, to make it different from AirScooter. AirScooter is purely for mobility, since when you try to use other abilities, it deactivates. To add some diversity for AirWheel, I believe it should be a combo, using AirScooter and another ability to activate, and you can glide along the ground and hit people with other abilities. If they try to get too close they will be pushed aside, or you could purposefully run them over. This combo could not be deactivated my sneaking, because then you couldn't charge AirSwipe or AirBurst, or use AirSweep all while riding on the AirWheel. To make this different from AirScooter, and so people would still use AirScooter, AirWheel should have a reasonable cooldown, and a shorter duration than AirScooter. Being able to mount AirWheel and still use abilities such as AirSwipe, AirSweep, etc. would give the developers a reason to add this, instead of merely being able to break blocks, which was never displayed in the show, and won't be useful for the game, only being a nuissance because it can rupture the terrain.
I'd be very happy to see AirWheel turned into a combo where you can mount it, zoom around on it, and hit enemies all while zooming around. Possibly you could deactivate this by clicking with AirScooter or something. I hope this is added!

promancer

Verified Member
I like this idea, although instead of breaking blocks, I think it should push opponents to the side or swirl them around, similar to AirShield or Tornado. Also, I think you should be able to use other abilities whilst mounted on this wheel, to make it different from AirScooter. AirScooter is purely for mobility, since when you try to use other abilities, it deactivates. To add some diversity for AirWheel, I believe it should be a combo, using AirScooter and another ability to activate, and you can glide along the ground and hit people with other abilities. If they try to get too close they will be pushed aside, or you could purposefully run them over. This combo could not be deactivated my sneaking, because then you couldn't charge AirSwipe or AirBurst, or use AirSweep all while riding on the AirWheel. To make this different from AirScooter, and so people would still use AirScooter, AirWheel should have a reasonable cooldown, and a shorter duration than AirScooter. Being able to mount AirWheel and still use abilities such as AirSwipe, AirSweep, etc. would give the developers a reason to add this, instead of merely being able to break blocks, which was never displayed in the show, and won't be useful for the game, only being a nuissance because it can rupture the terrain.
I'd be very happy to see AirWheel turned into a combo where you can mount it, zoom around on it, and hit enemies all while zooming around. Possibly you could deactivate this by clicking with AirScooter or something. I hope this is added!
How much shorter, because as of right now, airscooter runs without interuption infinitely (with the exception of lag). I hope this doesnt become another waterarms...

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
How much shorter, because as of right now, airscooter runs without interuption infinitely (with the exception of lag). I hope this doesnt become another waterarms...
Well, it should only last 10-15 seconds. That should give the AirWheeler enough time to get closer to their opponent, swirl around them quickly, whilst hitting them with a few attacks. That's what I hope this combo should be - meant for speed and attack, like Tenzin in the Equalist factory. Of course you could still use this to run away, but what's the fun in that when you have an infinite AirScooter move?
And to make it different from AirScooter you could use other abilities while in the AirWheel, and it could be faster by default, and push others aside if they get too close.
And what was that point about this becoming a new WaterArms about? This would have one possible usage - not 6.

Matt

Verified Member
I really like this idea and think it could make a nice combo, so here's a bit of feedback

I'm not a concept designer but maybe it would be cool if you provide some more specifics of why I as a player would like to use it?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I really like this idea and think it could make a nice combo, so here's a bit of feedback

I'm not a concept designer but maybe it would be cool if you provide some more specifics of why I as a player would like to use it?
Well, it should only last 10-15 seconds. That should give the AirWheeler enough time to get closer to their opponent, swirl around them quickly, whilst hitting them with a few attacks. That's what I hope this combo should be - meant for speed and attack, like Tenzin in the Equalist factory. Of course you could still use this to run away, but what's the fun in that when you have an infinite AirScooter move?
And to make it different from AirScooter you could use other abilities while in the AirWheel, and it could be faster by default, and push others aside if they get too close.
And what was that point about this becoming a new WaterArms about? This would have one possible usage - not 6.

RobagNetwork

Verified Member

Alright, if you could be able to use your abilities while on this AirWheel, it could make airbending more mobile, rather than hit-and-run style. As of now, airbenders approach their opponent, strike with a few quick moves like AirSwipe and AirSweep, all the while stunting their mobility, since you can't move very far while attacking. You see Aang in the show almost NEVER getting hit (except for the last few episodes in his battle with Ozai Cx) by his opponents, because he can easily move about whilst attacking. Unless you're very skilled with this sort of thing, it's hard to dodge attacks while you're attacking too. Even very skilled airbenders still get hit a lot because of their lack of mobility while attacking. That's why when airbenders use their own combos which allow them to move around while attacking, it's so cool and useful! This would make airbenders even more able to dodge, since often you see firebenders rushing airbenders with all of their high-damaging moves, and airbenders can't attack back without being killed, I've noticed... Only sometimes, but still. This would be a great addition to airbending.

promancer

Verified Member
What i mean is a new move with dangerously powerful mobility while being able to attack fast.

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
What i mean is a new move with dangerously powerful mobility while being able to attack fast.
It could definitely have a cooldown, and there could be a way to disable it as an opponent... Possibly like disabling AirStream with AirShield and FireShield?

Status
Not open for further replies.