• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete (Air) WallDamage Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title basically says it all. I'm asking for a WallDmg cap, if there isn't one already, in the config. Basically, it'd be able to set walldamage so it can only do so much damage, this way so we don't have airburst one shotting people who fall to the ground safely via firejet, airspout, ect. The default WallDmg cap would be four hearts.
It's a simple idea, really, but is can definitely something that is needed to balance the feature.

Hero

The title basically says it all. I'm asking for a WallDmg cap, if there isn't one already, in the config. Basically, it'd be able to set walldamage so it can only do so much damage, this way so we don't have airburst one shotting people who fall to the ground safely via firejet, airspout, ect. The default WallDmg cap would be four hearts.
It's a simple idea, really, but is can definitely something that is needed to balance the feature.
Er meh gawd. Dis is super duper needed.

On a serious note, this really is needed if its not already in. Airbenders doing 9 hearts of damage just because accidentally got hit by AirBurst is ridiculous. Wall damage is supposed to be a way for airbenders to do damage, not the end of the world.

Janny

I hear the same crap every god damn day (you can tell this infuriates me).
This is what I think about people who think things are too OP:
DEAL WITH IT
I get so mad every time I go into the arena, an airbender rektz someone with wall damage, and the dead guy rages because of how OP wall damage is. Want to know how I never have a problem with OP? Because I always find a way to counter and or dodge it. That is the key to fully avoiding "OP". Wall damage? Not a problem. Just be faster than the Airbender and figure out his or her battle strategies and they wont be able to strike you with wall damage. Bloodbending? Not a problem. Just keep your distance and and don't let them get in complete eye contact with you. Also be fast. Lavabending? Not a problem. Lava isn't maneuverable meaning the faster you are, the harder time Lavabenders are going to have hitting you with lava.

Now, please don't respond with, (initiate noobie squeaky voice) "Oh, if you think OP isn't a problem? Go against the AvatarState and or ElementSphere you n0b." The AvatarState AND ElementSphere I have to admit are both a bit OP, but why would you even go against Avatars with that kind of power? :/

DEAL WITH IT
I get so mad every time I go into the arena, an airbender rektz someone with wall damage, and the dead guy rages because of how OP wall damage is. Want to know how I never have a problem with OP? Because I always find a way to counter and or dodge it. That is the key to fully avoiding "OP". Wall damage? Not a problem. Just be faster than the Airbender and figure out his or her battle strategies and they wont be able to strike you with wall damage. Bloodbending? Not a problem. Just keep your distance and and don't let them get in complete eye contact with you. Also be fast. Lavabending? Not a problem. Lava isn't maneuverable meaning the faster you are, the harder time Lavabenders are going to have hitting you with lava.

Now, please don't respond with, (initiate noobie squeaky voice) "Oh, if you think OP isn't a problem? Go against the AvatarState and or ElementSphere you n0b." The AvatarState AND ElementSphere I have to admit are both a bit OP, but why would you even go against Avatars with that kind of power? :/
That doesn't counter the fact that airbenders should be able to do a solid 9 hearts in one move. If you want airburst to be able to 1 hit KO, the option's in the config.

Yatabo

Isn't being one shotted via wall damage exactly the same as being one shotted via bloodbending? It's not a big deal, I've dealt with it for the past year. I've been one shotted once or twice via Bloodbending and wall damage but it's not frequent enough to cap the damage.

Janny

Isn't being one shotted via wall damage exactly the same as being one shotted via bloodbending? It's not a big deal, I've dealt with it for the past year. I've been one shotted once or twice via Bloodbending and wall damage but it's not frequent enough to cap the damage.
OMG THANK YOU. Someone who actually knows how to counter OP.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
DEAL WITH IT

Why just not react normal for once?
Walldamage can fully 1 hit kill someone, which is just simply broken. Do you even remember seeing someone being blasted against a wall and then they stopped fighting immediatly? Most of the times they were able to get back up, speak or move.

You know Bloodbending in the default config is available to OPs only, I believe. Either way, it's not good to have walldmg one shot you, whether it be with bloodbending or airburst.

Last edited:

promancer

Why just not react normal for once?
Walldamage can fully 1 hit kill someone, which is just simply broken. Do you even remember seeing someone being blasted against a wall and then they stopped fighting immediatly? Most of the times they were able to get back up, speak or move.
Being shot at a wall normally over 40 feet up at 30-40 miles an hour... oh no your fine, just a broken leg.

In all seriousness though, make sure this isnt taken to the extremes. When people agree on a nerf, they begin to use it as an excuse. I agree that walldmg is ridiculously broken, as it sometimes doesnt do dmg and then negates falldmg. This is much needed. Still, youve got to agree that every element has a OP strategy they dont want nerfed. Water has watercamping, fire has firejet and its basically all one click or shift moves. Earth can earthgrab+lavaflox/flux spam. Chi can kill you with a single hit due to a glitch, as well as with paralyze, then using all other chi moves in continuous submission.

People seem to continuously search for witch hunts on everything but their own elements.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Being shot at a wall normally over 40 feet up at 30-40 miles an hour... oh no your fine, just a broken leg.

In all seriousness though, make sure this isnt taken to the extremes. When people agree on a nerf, they begin to use it as an excuse. I agree that walldmg is ridiculously broken, as it sometimes doesnt do dmg and then negates falldmg. This is much needed. Still, youve got to agree that every element has a OP strategy they dont want nerfed. Water has watercamping, fire has firejet and its basically all one click or shift moves. Earth can earthgrab+lavaflox/flux spam. Chi can kill you with a single hit due to a glitch, as well as with paralyze, then using all other chi moves in continuous submission.

People seem to continuously search for witch hunts on everything but their own elements.
For wall damage, they just have to look at you.

Yatabo

Some people can't live with the fact that they died, so instead they want a damage reduction? What wimps.

If you can't take the hurt, then just stop playing. xD

DEAL WITH IT
I get so mad every time I go into the arena, an airbender rektz someone with wall damage, and the dead guy rages because of how OP wall damage is.

Some people can't live with the fact that they died, so instead they want a damage reduction? What wimps.

If you can't take the hurt, then just stop playing. xD
Most people don't want to be 1 hit killed by a move or feature.
If you don't like this idea, then if it gets added, you can either ask your owner to make the dmg cap go up to 10 hearts, or make a server yourself and do it.
Wimp.

Just so you know, if you get one-shotted by Bloodbending, it's because of walldmg.

Status
Not open for further replies.