• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Air Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
People seem to think Airbending is made of sunshine and happiness. Guess what, it's not :)

I actually find this move more like the one Zaheer used in the book 3 Finale on Korra. It obviously did enough damage to knock her out for a long time. I suggest 4-5 hearts of damage, I would go more but then people would be saying it is to op. Good luck with this move, I 100% support it.

In this GIF, Zaheer uses the move (the second attack he makes). When he is against Korra, he uses the move in a lot more powerful way, knocking her out.

Edit: I found a GIF that supports what I wrote above ^^^

Last edited:

Helios

Verified Member
People seem to think Airbending is made of sunshine and happiness. Guess what, it's not :)
Couldn't agree more! Air only has one damaging move! It about time air has more than just airswipe. I wouldn't give it that high a knockback though. I'd say 10 blocks.

Helios

Verified Member
Umm , Suffocate?
But suffocate is hardly practical. You can't really kill anyone with it unless; they don't know how to counter it, you catch them off guard or the server you are on has made it really OP.

Last edited:

ILLFATE

Verified Member
But suffocate is hardly practical. You can't really kill anyone with it unless; they don't know how to counter it, you catch them off guard or the server you are on has made it really OP.
BUT you said DAMAGING , even though it's hardly practical , it's still damaging.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
My point was while this IS a damaging move, it's hard to work this into combat at all. Definitely not as easy as airswipe.
All they need to do is make it so you can aim if from like 10 blocks away, which IS shown in the show. (I think Suffocate2 is what this is, but it needs to be added to the core since the current one is not only useless but not cannon)

Moonelight

Verified Member
In Book 4 of TLOK, epsiode 2 during a flashback of Korra practicing, she uses this move.

This move has to be added, Airbenders aren't getting enough attention in this plugin and their starting to lag behind.

Come on, modernize the Airbenders!

Majorite

Verified Member
If you are having trouble defeating people with air either train or choose another element altogether. Airbending can be used strongly, but it is hardly used that way. Would you want a speedy, defensive, and offensive airbender zooming around killing all players in his/her path? No.
It's all about balance. Air is full of agility and defense. If we added offense to the mix, airbenders would over-power the other elements. It's not about the new moves the element gets, it's about how well you can manage it.

David

Verified Member
If you are having trouble defeating people with air either train or choose another element altogether. Airbending can be used strongly, but it is hardly used that way. Would you want a speedy, defensive, and offensive airbender zooming around killing all players in his/her path? No.
It's all about balance. Air is full of agility and defense. If we added offense to the mix, airbenders would over-power the other elements. It's not about the new moves the element gets, it's about how well you can manage it.
The thing is, I do want speedy airbenders running around killing everyone and everything... Because currently we have speedy fire benders with their fire jet combos killing practically everything. Firebenders have the agility and speed of an airbender now when they shouldn't. Air is definetly falling behind and it needs a buff and more appreciation....

I do want a speedy airbender running around killing everyone, but will adding Air Wake cause that? Absolutely not. It can't be directed and it does just about the same damage as Earth Smash and has a small charge-up.

I've been in the TLA community and I can confirm I've only seen about two airbenders worth any recognition in any way, and only one of them managed to get kills.

Monk Gyatso managed to kill dozens of Firebenders in a small room, DURING sozin's comet... I don't think he did that by spamming air swipe or knocking them off the edge of the arena...

Majorite

Verified Member
Actually, AirWake will cause that. It does 3 hearts of damage with "a small charge-up." That is a really strong move. It does around 1 heart more than EarthSmash. FireJet is basically a Firebender's only form of agility in move form. The actual hard damaging moves in fire require a pretty long charge up compared to air. Airbenders also have the sprint passive.

In the show, it never was said that Monk Gyatso killed dozens of Firebenders in a small room.

David

Verified Member
Actually, AirWake will cause that. It does 3 hearts of damage with "a small charge-up." That is a really strong move. It does around 1 heart more than EarthSmash. FireJet is basically a Firebender's only form of agility in move form. The actual hard damaging moves in fire require a pretty long charge up compared to air. Airbenders also have the sprint passive.

In the show, it never was said that Monk Gyatso killed dozens of Firebenders in a small room.
When Aang goes to the Southern Air Temple, he sees Monk Gyatso, lying dead on the floor surrounded with a ridiculous amount of dead firebenders.

I'm pretty certain Earth Smash does 3 hearts, I know for sure that it's not 2 hearts, if it was then I think it needs a buff... Also, Fire Blast during day is basically the charge up time of this... Not to mention, fire's "only form of agility," that's wrong because fire has three different forms of the same move... They can travel distance at ridiculously fast times with JetBlaze, or what ever that move is called.

Also, if Air Wake did three hearts per hit, then that would take 4 hits from Air Wake in a row to kill. Air Wake would be hard to land since it's hit range is only 2 vertical blocks and it is not redirectable, it constantly moves in a straight line. If I'm correct, torrent's damage is greater than or equal to 3 hearts (a good torrent, where the waterbender manipulates it to move their target and land more than one hit with a single torrent), while Torrent is redirectable and extremely easy to hit, but Air Wake wouldn't be as it isn't redirectable and has an extremely small hit range.

Moonelight

Verified Member
The move doesn't require offensive qualities. If I remember correctly, the move description talked about moving people around with the "attack". The move isn't going to over power Airbenders. If you want an Over Powered element, check Water.

Because many people believe Air is a completely defensive element, and the fact that there hasn't been a series (until Korra) with only 1-5 airbenders. Now that there are more we are able to see the modernized side of Airbending. Don't get me wrong, airbenders do have a lot of defensive moves, but they are lagging behind. And using defensive airbending isn't what a typical person wants to do. In the book 3 episodes, Zaheer using a crap load of offensive attacks.

My suggestion is that you guys stop ignoring Air requests, and make the community happy.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I
I would honestly like to say that I believe airbending does kind of lack direct damaging capability. They have two official direct damaging techniques: AirSwipe and Suffocate. AirSwipe is by far the most practical technique to use in combat for airbenders since it's the only offensive ability that deals damage that is executed fast enough to suit their pace. Suffocate requires them to be stationary and a bit of time. This leaves them vulnerable, and since Suffocate doesn't take that much to break out of, it doesn't really make it overpowered, perhaps once could debate it is a little bit underpowered.

Nevertheless, I do think it's important that airbenders have some more offensive techniques to coincide with the recent development of airbending and to properly utilise its true offensive capabilities. I think since AirWake does require airbenders having to be stationary that it negates mobility and so it shouldn't be discounted because of that.
If anything, this should allow airbenders to engage more and speed around a little less so they can deal more effective damage. Plus, I think the characteristics of AirWake balances itself out.

Majorite

Verified Member
Okay. I'm oblivious the "bad guy" in this situation.

I am just trying to state my opinions on this. Not to be rude, but I did say a Firebender's only form of agility in move form.

I am going to stop arguing because there is no way I'm getting point across. To summarize what I was saying, the moves a bender has do not control how powerful he/she is. It is how well they can use their element.

jedk1

I am just trying to state my opinions on this. Not to be rude, but I did say a Firebender's only form of agility in move form.

I am going to stop arguing because there is no way I'm getting point across. To summarize what I was saying, the moves a bender has do not control how powerful he/she is. It is how well they can use their element.
dw buddy you arent the bad guy *pets majorite* c:

Kwesi

Verified Member

I don't think of you as the "bad guy" at all, Majorite. You made clear points and I acknowledge and respect them. I also agree on a bender's power centers around their skill, but I think that, as much as it is the primary thing, if they have limited techniques in a particular area then their skill in that particular area will be limited as well. There is only so much that can be done with what you have, but yes, the effectiveness of what you have is HIGHLY dependant on your proficiency with it.

I support your efforts to keep each bending path balanced and their strengths do naturally lie in different areas. Although, at this point, I think it is important to acknowledge that the elements are almost limitless in what can be done with them and that is it the bending style that unleashes the potential of an element in different areas. Plus, even in Avatar: The Last Airbender, it is established that the elements are connected and share characteristics of each other in some way (example: lightning redirection, which was a technique discovered through the study and application of the nature of waterbending).

I personally respect your opinions and I think they really count for something. With this plug-in it is important to analyse features and mechanics well. If I gave you the impression that I was being accusative and such that wasn't my intention, it really wasn't. I was just doing what I always do, impartially state my points as logically and fairly as I can.

I appreciate what you do for the community, and although a lot of people have had different opinions in this thread, things have been going well with this project and it has revolutionised Minecraft gameplay for all of us. :)

Zolteex

Verified Member
What the avatar wiki says doesn't apply here. The idea is that bending in Minecraft is limited in
mechanics than in the show. Essentially, this is a push move that could be achieved by holding shift to charge up airburst, then left-clicking to send it in a specific direction. I should also point out that airbending doesn't inflict damage that isn't related to suffocation or concentrated slices. This would fall under neither category and instead by a gust-based move which would apply a push factor. What damages people with these types of moves is the inertia from being blown away followed by being smashed into a wall, ceiling, or floor. There's been a discussion on this type of damage on the forum already, by the way. Additionally, I agree that three hearts is excessive.

Status
Not open for further replies.