• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Air Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Verified Member
This move would be extremely similar to torrent. By manipulating the winds around them, the user creates a small cylinder of fierce wind, in which they stop the wind's movement with their bodies, forcing the wind to move forward, sending an incredibly strong gust of wind the shape of the user's body towards their target.

How this would work (Can be made any other way, just how I imagine it would be): The user holds shift, and immediately a small defensive sphere of air forms around them (just like air shield, but smaller and less reliable), upon letting go of shift, the user would then send the wind forward, once it hits someone, it does ridiculous knock back, on the level of air burst, and a pretty decent amount of damage (maybe 3 hearts?)

Here's what the move looks like in the show:

When I look at this move I find it extremely like torrent, in fact it could be just like torrent except with air particles, just a few tweaks here and there.

P.S. Sorry for the choppy gif

Gold

Verified Member
Make it a air combo move liek Shift > Shift >AirShield/Airburst

(maybe with Airburst there will be no waiting time?)

Aron Phillips

Verified Member
It's basically Air Burst. When you use click instead of release and it throws a huge gust of air at the direction you're looking. Also 3 hearts of damage? That's a bit generous, especially for an Air bending move.

David

Verified Member
It's basically Air Burst. When you use click instead of release and it throws a huge gust of air at the direction you're looking. Also 3 hearts of damage? That's a bit generous, especially for an Air bending move.
Upon reading the Wiki of Airbending, you will realize that air doing low damage is a myth, as it is nothing more than a tradition for airbenders to hold back their strength. This is extremely different from Air Burst, but if that's how people see it as, then I think that should be another reason for this to be added, considering bending is all about variety and diversity. Every bender has their own way of bending.

P.S. The avatar wiki has this categorized as it's own move, and does not relate it to Air Burst what so ever. In Air Wake, an Airbender performs a circular motion, creating a small whirlwind of air, in which they send forth in the shape of their body. Air Burst is an ever expanding blast of air going in all directions, or a focused direction, yet still expanding. This does not expand and is highly concentrated.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Upon reading the Wiki of Airbending, you will realize that air doing low damage is a myth, as it is nothing more than a tradition for airbenders to hold back their strength. This is extremely different from Air Burst, but if that's how people see it as, then I think that should be another reason for this to be added, considering bending is all about variety and diversity. Every bender has their own way of bending.

P.S. The avatar wiki has this categorized as it's own move, and does not relate it to Air Burst what so ever. In Air Wake, an Airbender performs a circular motion, creating a small whirlwind of air, in which they send forth in the shape of their body. Air Burst is an ever expanding blast of air going in all directions, or a focused direction, yet still expanding. This does not expand and is highly concentrated.
What the avatar wiki says doesn't apply here. The idea is that bending in Minecraft is limited in
mechanics than in the show. Essentially, this is a push move that could be achieved by holding shift to charge up airburst, then left-clicking to send it in a specific direction. I should also point out that airbending doesn't inflict damage that isn't related to suffocation or concentrated slices. This would fall under neither category and instead by a gust-based move which would apply a push factor. What damages people with these types of moves is the inertia from being blown away followed by being smashed into a wall, ceiling, or floor. There's been a discussion on this type of damage on the forum already, by the way. Additionally, I agree that three hearts is excessive.

David

Verified Member
What the avatar wiki says doesn't apply here. The idea is that bending in Minecraft is limited in
mechanics than in the show. Essentially, this is a push move that could be achieved by holding shift to charge up airburst, then left-clicking to send it in a specific direction. I should also point out that airbending doesn't inflict damage that isn't related to suffocation or concentrated slices. This would fall under neither category and instead by a gust-based move which would apply a push factor. What damages people with these types of moves is the inertia from being blown away followed by being smashed into a wall, ceiling, or floor. There's been a discussion on this type of damage on the forum already, by the way. Additionally, I agree that three hearts is excessive.
"
The idea is that bending in Minecraft is limited in
mechanics than in the show." This move is possible, as it is nothing but torrent except with air particles, and lacks the ability to move the torrent stream along with the mouse.

Denny

Verified Member
This move would be extremely similar to torrent. By manipulating the winds around them, the user creates a small cylinder of fierce wind, in which they stop the wind's movement with their bodies, forcing the wind to move forward, sending an incredibly strong gust of wind the shape of the user's body towards their target.

How this would work (Can be made any other way, just how I imagine it would be): The user holds shift, and immediately a small defensive sphere of air forms around them (just like air shield, but smaller and less reliable), upon letting go of shift, the user would then send the wind forward, once it hits someone, it does ridiculous knock back, on the level of air burst, and a pretty decent amount of damage (maybe 3 hearts?)

Here's what the move looks like in the show:

When I look at this move I find it extremely like torrent, in fact it could be just like torrent except with air particles, just a few tweaks here and there.

P.S. Sorry for the choppy gif
I love this idea, air is so under powered it hurts me. This move uses a huge amount of concentrated air doing damage to the target and then on top of this, a huge knockback. I don't know where the idea of air being so weak came from but it's sooo stupid. Airbenders don't attack opponents that are defenseless, they don't eat food from other creatures, and they think war is never the answer. Airbenders have an overall kind spirit. Airbenders are holding back! But when they need to fight they can FIGHT.

Last edited:

Silentnate347

Verified Member
This move could be easily made considering moves like octopus form and such. Especially torrent. Its a torrent with particles.

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
Gahshunk, I have to disagree with you there about airbending only relates damage informs of slices or suffocation. Concentrated air in general moving at high speeds can cause an impact on the body, and cause pain. Although slices, and of course suffocation can inflict damage and are mainly used in the show, Korra using large streams of rushing and accelerating air towards her foes, as strong headed as she is, not only caused knock back but pressed on that area of the body or the body in general with great force, inflicting pain or "damage".
I do not think we should limit airbending's damage capabilities due to the fact that mainly slices inflicted damage, when it is apparent that strong currents or streams did also.
I hope you take my comment into consideration, I personally love the idea of this move but I would like to see it described in more detail! Such as speed? Animation? The damage seems a bit harsh, but it is a powerful move.
Let me know what you think.

~Apple<3

Aron Phillips

Verified Member
"
The idea is that bending in Minecraft is limited in
mechanics than in the show." This move is possible, as it is nothing but torrent except with air particles, and lacks the ability to move the torrent stream along with the mouse.
So you're saying you want an Air move like Torrent? Torrent is made where it flows around the body before being sent to a player to attack, this is designed to look like a Water Bending attack. Torrent has the style of a water bending move, it wouldn't seem right if there was an Air Bending move because as you said "it is nothing but torrent except with air particles" Maybe if you changed it a bit so it wasn't so similar to the Torrent style this would be a different story.

Migsel

Verified Member
So you're saying you want an Air move like Torrent? Torrent is made where it flows around the body before being sent to a player to attack, this is designed to look like a Water Bending attack. Torrent has the style of a water bending move, it wouldn't seem right if there was an Air Bending move because as you said "it is nothing but torrent except with air particles" Maybe if you changed it a bit so it wasn't so similar to the Torrent style this would be a different story.
Well, airbenders can control air currents and possibly do something quite similar to torrent.

David

Verified Member
I was simply speaking on the animation. Although, it is not uncommon for bending arts to merge together. This is explained by Iroh as he teaches Zuko lightning bending. Lightning Bending uses water bending techniques and movements.

When I said this move is similar to torrent, I meant the air would circle around the user, like a torrent does, but except with air particles. Once the user clicks, the air is then sent forward, although the user can not manipulate where the air goes.

David

Verified Member
Gahshunk, I have to disagree with you there about airbending only relates damage informs of slices or suffocation. Concentrated air in general moving at high speeds can cause an impact on the body, and cause pain. Although slices, and of course suffocation can inflict damage and are mainly used in the show, Korra using large streams of rushing and accelerating air towards her foes, as strong headed as she is, not only caused knock back but pressed on that area of the body or the body in general with great force, inflicting pain or "damage".
I do not think we should limit airbending's damage capabilities due to the fact that mainly slices inflicted damage, when it is apparent that strong currents or streams did also.
I hope you take my comment into consideration, I personally love the idea of this move but I would like to see it described in more detail! Such as speed? Animation? The damage seems a bit harsh, but it is a powerful move.
Let me know what you think.

~Apple<3
Thank you!

Also, another thing, logically speaking compressed air in the shape of a human body, a direct hit from that would cause more damage than slicing. It would cause internal damage to the body, as it is such a massive amount of pressure being put onto the victim, likely causing breaking of rib cage and other bones.

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
the bad of this is that everyone think's air is not a damage bending, it's past this thing of air being passive is from the TLA era, it's over. Everyone can see the true power of air in the LOK show, and also the fact of air having only airswipe as a damage ability is from TLA plugin, come on! This is ProjectKorra. I love the idea and i will support you David

Status
Not open for further replies.