• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Air Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Verified Member
"By using circular, evasive movements, airbenders build up massive momentum; this buildup of energy is released as massive power. It also allows for wind-based counter-attacks that knock opponents off-balance, mimicking the sudden directional shifts of air currents." ~Wiki

"This is nothing but air blast." Hear me out.

This move would be similar to torrent, except with air particles. The airbender would sneak, forming a circular movement in air around them, then they would click, sending the air forward, and the air does not end unless it hits a block or the set duration runs out for the air manipulation. The air would push players along with it, as the player moves their mouse. This move would have mechanics that would allow the airbender to send them in the air.

In other words, this is just like torrent, except no damage, and focuses more on moving entities along with it.

Here are some GIFs of what I'm talking about:

"This is just like Tornado." Yes, and no, in the show this move could be used to create a tornado, but there are multiple small differences between this and tornado. This cannot move the user, tornado can, this move focuses more on moving other players, rather than them selves, while tornado is more for using it on their selves.

P.S. If air combo is ever a thing, this could be a combo for tornado, that would be amazing~

Davboro

Verified Member
This is more like it. Your previous suggestion may have been a bit too far fetched, but this one is spot on. Giving airbenders the ability to carry their opponents using a current that they can fully control sounds very fitting. I like this one, and I like it alot. Finally air could cause some considerably easy fall damage. It shouldn't be as hard as it is in the plugin as of now. The push of airblast and tornado doesn't reflect the force that air had in the show very well when it comes to affecting other players.

xXturbokidXx

Verified Member
"By using circular, evasive movements, airbenders build up massive momentum; this buildup of energy is released as massive power. It also allows for wind-based counter-attacks that knock opponents off-balance, mimicking the sudden directional shifts of air currents." ~Wiki

"This is nothing but air blast." Hear me out.

This move would be similar to torrent, except with air particles. The airbender would sneak, forming a circular movement in air around them, then they would click, sending the air forward, and the air does not end unless it hits a block or the set duration runs out for the air manipulation. The air would push players along with it, as the player moves their mouse. This move would have mechanics that would allow the airbender to send them in the air.

In other words, this is just like torrent, except no damage, and focuses more on moving entities along with it.

Here are some GIFs of what I'm talking about:

"This is just like Tornado." Yes, and no, in the show this move could be used to create a tornado, but there are multiple small differences between this and tornado. This cannot move the user, tornado can, this move focuses more on moving other players, rather than them selves, while tornado is more for using it on their selves.

P.S. If air combo is ever a thing, this could be a combo for tornado, that would be amazing~
I love this idea, this is the perfect attack for air. Just, instead of the move swirling around the user exactly like torrent, I think it should be a mini tornado, but the same size of torrent, like the first gif in your post.

Dragonfreak357

Verified Member
I like this a lot! I figure this ability would deal knockback, right? I think (if possible) there should be knockback damage, damage taken when slammed against a wall or block. Just a suggestion for this idea. However, it's great on it's own!

David

Verified Member
I like this a lot! I figure this ability would deal knockback, right? I think (if possible) there should be knockback damage, damage taken when slammed against a wall or block. Just a suggestion for this idea. However, it's great on it's own!
Players taking damage against a wall if being blasted against it at fast speeds was gonna be another one of my ideas, in a different thread. This ability wouldn't be so much as knock back, for example...

You know how water benders can use torrent, and when they hit someone with torrent, and move their mouse to the side, the player moves along with the torrent, so they basically move them where ever they want, this is what I envisioned. This could do knock back if you had the Air go foward, but if you wanted, you could move your mouse in any direction and the player would be pushed along with the air, they could even lift up the player up in the air.

Dragonfreak357

Verified Member
Players taking damage against a wall if being blasted against it at fast speeds was gonna be another one of my ideas, in a different thread. This ability wouldn't be so much as knock back, for example...

You know how water benders can use torrent, and when they hit someone with torrent, and move their mouse to the side, the player moves along with the torrent, so they basically move them where ever they want, this is what I envisioned. This could do knock back if you had the Air go foward, but if you wanted, you could move your mouse in any direction and the player would be pushed along with the air, they could even lift up the player up in the air.
I like that! But I wish grabbing with torrent worked a little better. But I love this idea a lot.

RedAlert

Verified Member
I like that idea! If you want it to work like torrent, if the airbender release the shift, it could work like the torrent works, except with air, like airburst when you fall from high. But don't forget that you can pull or push enemies to the air with airblast or airsuction if you shift, and change the start of the air, like if you press shift and put an airball with airblast under someone, and click while looking up, he/she will be launched to the air, or with airsuction, you put the airball with shift ot the air, and click while looking something, and it will be pulled up.

Majorite

Verified Member
I think this idea with be extremely over-powered in a Water vs Airbender or Fire vs Airbender battle. You could launch them into the air until AirManipulation's cooldown starts. They would take a lot of fall damage. With Waterbenders, you could do the same by taking them out of their element. Perhaps it could be like Torrent, but when you hit an entity the AirManipulation disappears. A firework particle could appear at the player and lauch the entity backwards like AirBurst but weaker. It would look like the AirManipulation hit the player and dispersed.

Joeri

Verified Member
I think this idea with be extremely over-powered in a Water vs Airbender or Fire vs Airbender battle. You could launch them into the air until AirManipulation's cooldown starts. They would take a lot of fall damage. With Waterbenders, you could do the same by taking them out of their element. Perhaps it could be like Torrent, but when you hit an entity the AirManipulation disappears. A firework particle could appear at the player and lauch the entity backwards like AirBurst but weaker. It would look like the AirManipulation hit the player and dispersed.
Firejet can block fall damage (just jet yourself to the ground) and for water just create a surge shield under you if you have bottles, Chi would be screwed though

David

Verified Member
The fall damage is easily avoidable, Water has Frost Breath and Surge Shield, not to mention they don't take fall damage on snow or ice. Fire has fire jet, not just one firejet, but two different types of fire jet. Also, a side comment, every element has a strong move that could be considered OP, yet no one seems to care. I just find it strange how everyone bashes on airbending, and as a person who's played all the elements, have been bending for three years now, I can say that air is the hardest/weakest element as of so far. I have to move my fingers across my keyboard way more precise and faster than I do when I'm firebending or earthbending.

Your version of this move would be completely useless. Sounds to be nothing more but a slow moving air blast.

I believe it's time for Airbenders to be noticed in a bending arena. I have a lot of experience in bending arenas, and every time, air is never treated for real, there is usually some really good bender who's stacking up kills, and that bender is never air.

Is it possible to stack up kills as air? Yes, but there are very few who I've seen to be able to do this. I've never seen a highly experienced bender complain about an airbender killing them constantly, it's always just trolling.

Majorite

Verified Member
The fall damage is easily avoidable, Water has Frost Breath and Surge Shield, not to mention they don't take fall damage on snow or ice. Fire has fire jet, not just one firejet, but two different types of fire jet. Also, a side comment, every element has a strong move that could be considered OP, yet no one seems to care. I just find it strange how everyone bashes on airbending, and as a person who's played all the elements, have been bending for three years now, I can say that air is the hardest/weakest element as of so far. I have to move my fingers across my keyboard way more precise and faster than I do when I'm firebending or earthbending.

Your version of this move would be completely useless. Sounds to be nothing more but a slow moving air blast.

I believe it's time for Airbenders to be noticed in a bending arena. I have a lot of experience in bending arenas, and every time, air is never treated for real, there is usually some really good bender who's stacking up kills, and that bender is never air.

Is it possible to stack up kills as air? Yes, but there are very few who I've seen to be able to do this. I've never seen a highly experienced bender complain about an airbender killing them constantly, it's always just trolling.
Frostbreath is an addon. I know waterbenders take do not take fall damage on snow or ice. That's why I said that you could use it to take them from their element. How could they activate a Surge Shield while they are being thrown in the sky? Waterbottles are not usually in bending arenas.

A firebender's FireJet has a cooldown. If you are an airbender, you could just wait until the cooldown starts to launch them. It wouldn't even be hard.

Saying "I find it strange that everyone bashes on airbending..." is stereotypical. I am trying to make this ability fair and balance it out with the elements.

Well, I do realize that my version would be like airblast. I was just trying to say this would be really strong for those types of battles.

V

Vidcom

Frostbreath is an addon. I know waterbenders take do not take fall damage on snow or ice. That's why I said that you could use it to take them from their element. How could they activate a Surge Shield while they are being thrown in the sky? Waterbottles are not usually in bending arenas.

A firebender's FireJet has a cooldown. If you are an airbender, you could just wait until the cooldown starts to launch them. It wouldn't even be hard.

Saying "I find it strange that everyone bashes on airbending..." is stereotypical. I am trying to make this ability fair and balance it out with the elements.

Well, I do realize that my version would be like airblast. I was just trying to say this would be really strong for those types of battles.
Majestic Majizzle. On a serious note, I do sorta agree that Air needs more recognition in the arenas...

David

Verified Member

Well, it's meant to be strong but not over powered. Stereotypes are based on things that really happen~

Majestic Majizzle. On a serious note, I do sorta agree that Air needs more recognition in the arenas...
Thank you~!

Joeri

Verified Member

I used surge shield to prevent fall damage alot, its not hard. And anyway if they get thrown into the air it doesnt have to be 200 blocks, it can be 10 blocks or lower. And this air ability having a cooldown, then it wouldn't be as OP

6tijn

Verified Member
It's great! Very original air move, but I think it maybe could deal some demage. There is fall demage, I know. BUT that only works affective on waterbenders, earthbender don't take falldemage when they land on teh ground, firebenders just easily land safely with firejet, etc. And even waterbenders can use surge shield (when they have waterbottles) to land softly and avoid fall demage... :/ This move maybe could deal 0.5/1.0 hearts demage. In this way , airbenders get a second in-combat offensive attack. I know, there is suffocate, but that's useless in a comat because you have to get close to the victim and sneak, this causes you to be very vulnerable and easy to target...

David

Verified Member
It's great! Very original air move, but I think it maybe could deal some demage. There is fall demage, I know. BUT that only works affective on waterbenders, earthbender don't take falldemage when they land on teh ground, firebenders just easily land safely with firejet, etc. And even waterbenders can use surge shield (when they have waterbottles) to land softly and avoid fall demage... :/ This move maybe could deal 0.5/1.0 hearts demage. In this way , airbenders get a second in-combat offensive attack. I know, there is suffocate, but that's useless in a comat because you have to get close to the victim and sneak, this causes you to be very vulnerable and easy to target...
I agree with you, but people are already trying to call this move op as it is... Although, this move could be used to bend earthbenders into some place where they can't bend, like a river or lake. Or even on top of a tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.