• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Air Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

Verified Member
I agree with you, but people are already trying to call this move op as it is... Although, this move could be used to bend earthbenders into some place where they can't bend, like a river or lake. Or even on top of a tree.
Why would this be op? :/ The controlling the player by letting him move along with the air torrent could be replaced by a simple knowback, or just code it to be a weak controll. I don't see the OPness then. :)

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think there was one other thread that was similar to this one, but yea.

V

Vidcom

AirStream (in name) was originally from one of my many, many move ideas I brought with me when I first joined the team, however it has been since modified and edited down based off suggestions like this (excellent) one c:

Stephano The Pebble

Verified Member
The fall damage is easily avoidable, Water has Frost Breath and Surge Shield, not to mention they don't take fall damage on snow or ice. Fire has fire jet, not just one firejet, but two different types of fire jet. Also, a side comment, every element has a strong move that could be considered OP, yet no one seems to care. I just find it strange how everyone bashes on airbending, and as a person who's played all the elements, have been bending for three years now, I can say that air is the hardest/weakest element as of so far. I have to move my fingers across my keyboard way more precise and faster than I do when I'm firebending or earthbending.

Your version of this move would be completely useless. Sounds to be nothing more but a slow moving air blast.

I believe it's time for Airbenders to be noticed in a bending arena. I have a lot of experience in bending arenas, and every time, air is never treated for real, there is usually some really good bender who's stacking up kills, and that bender is never air.

Is it possible to stack up kills as air? Yes, but there are very few who I've seen to be able to do this. I've never seen a highly experienced bender complain about an airbender killing them constantly, it's always just trolling.
Why do you think AirBenders are about precision and flexibility? It seems to me that air isn't the element you should use. Each element has its own characteristics so dur... AirBending isn't even suppose to an offensive element, its about evading. I have seen plenty of benders that can master air and easily kill a person under 10 seconds (No I am not joking). Take advantage of the ability to quickly move around instead of trying to make this seem like Fire and WaterBending. There are many reasons why you think AirBending is bad:

1. The server you play on doesn't enable certain common AirBending moves
2. The people you 1v1 against is better than you
3. You just suck at being "one with the leaf"

Stephano The Pebble

Verified Member
O
"By using circular, evasive movements, airbenders build up massive momentum; this buildup of energy is released as massive power. It also allows for wind-based counter-attacks that knock opponents off-balance, mimicking the sudden directional shifts of air currents." ~Wiki

"This is nothing but air blast." Hear me out.

This move would be similar to torrent, except with air particles. The airbender would sneak, forming a circular movement in air around them, then they would click, sending the air forward, and the air does not end unless it hits a block or the set duration runs out for the air manipulation. The air would push players along with it, as the player moves their mouse. This move would have mechanics that would allow the airbender to send them in the air.

In other words, this is just like torrent, except no damage, and focuses more on moving entities along with it.

Here are some GIFs of what I'm talking about:

"This is just like Tornado." Yes, and no, in the show this move could be used to create a tornado, but there are multiple small differences between this and tornado. This cannot move the user, tornado can, this move focuses more on moving other players, rather than them selves, while tornado is more for using it on their selves.

P.S. If air combo is ever a thing, this could be a combo for tornado, that would be amazing~
You don't even need this move to be added if you want to move players along with the wind. AirSweep and Suction annoys a lot of players already.

David

Verified Member
O

You don't even need this move to be added if you want to move players along with the wind. AirSweep and Suction annoys a lot of players already.
Why do you think AirBenders are about precision and flexibility? It seems to me that air isn't the element you should use. Each element has its own characteristics so dur... AirBending isn't even suppose to an offensive element, its about evading. I have seen plenty of benders that can master air and easily kill a person under 10 seconds (No I am not joking). Take advantage of the ability to quickly move around instead of trying to make this seem like Fire and WaterBending. There are many reasons why you think AirBending is bad:

1. The server you play on doesn't enable certain common AirBending moves
2. The people you 1v1 against is better than you
3. You just suck at being "one with the leaf"
This move was already added. Air isn't the element that I play as either, my main is water...

You sound like someone who just has trouble killing air benders so you're using you're using biased opinions.

NOW that Air Combo has been added air can now evenly play in bending arenas and be much more of a threat, as they should be. They shouldn't be just some nuisance like a buzzing fly in your face.

Janny

Verified Member
"By using circular, evasive movements, airbenders build up massive momentum; this buildup of energy is released as massive power. It also allows for wind-based counter-attacks that knock opponents off-balance, mimicking the sudden directional shifts of air currents." ~Wiki

"This is nothing but air blast." Hear me out.

This move would be similar to torrent, except with air particles. The airbender would sneak, forming a circular movement in air around them, then they would click, sending the air forward, and the air does not end unless it hits a block or the set duration runs out for the air manipulation. The air would push players along with it, as the player moves their mouse. This move would have mechanics that would allow the airbender to send them in the air.

In other words, this is just like torrent, except no damage, and focuses more on moving entities along with it.

Here are some GIFs of what I'm talking about:

"This is just like Tornado." Yes, and no, in the show this move could be used to create a tornado, but there are multiple small differences between this and tornado. This cannot move the user, tornado can, this move focuses more on moving other players, rather than them selves, while tornado is more for using it on their selves.

P.S. If air combo is ever a thing, this could be a combo for tornado, that would be amazing~
GENIUS

Status
Not open for further replies.