• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Addon moves suggestions

YourAverageNerd

Verified Member
Hello people,

I'd like to get into addon making but I have no idea what to create. I feel like most things exist already, and I just can't think of anything. I'd prefer to make something for fire or air, because I don't like implementing source selection. Any suggestions are welcome!!

Thanks in advance.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Look in the Project Korra Core suggestions. There are TONS of ideas that probably won't end up in Core.
Here - Some fire.
Here - Some random interesting ones.
Here - I'm pretty sure there was an Air combo add-on similar to this; but I'm sure it was marked abandoned. Still an idea if that add-on never existed.
Here - An Air one; suffocation revamp.
Here - Make the torrent-rework that people wanted. (May/May not be in the future-new core... Can't remember.
Here - You could make Fire/Air combos if you wanted. For example: You could make a Fire Twister. Like the current Twister (Air combo). The current one is activated by Shift AirShield > Hold Shift Tornado > Click AirBlast. This one could be Shift AirShield > Hold Shift Tornado > Click FireBlast. This makes the same, Twister animation (With less air particles for less lag) but it also has fire particles. The player would get sweeped up into the Twister and take damage from the fire. FireTick can be option in the config, I would personally turn it off. And since the twister traps AND does damage you could lengthen the combo like this: Hold Shift FireShield > Release Shift AirShield > Hold Shift Tornado > Click FireBlast.

Okay... I guess if you want more you can look through the suggestions forum :p

Loony

Verified Member
A good thing about addons is that they make up for where ProjectKorra lacks. Due to the bug fixes, features and improvements we make we can't release actual ability content as much as we like. I would say, look at which element lacks currently. Probably air or chi.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It's always great to hear new people getting into ability development. Feel free to message me if you have questions. :D

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
A good thing about addons is that they make up for where ProjectKorra lacks. Due to the bug fixes, features and improvements we make we can't release actual ability content as much as we like. I would say, look at which element lacks currently. Probably air or chi.
That sentence got me triggerred for no appearant reason. Probably because 'it's not what the elements lacks off (imho none of them, from what I seen), it's about (imo) the lack of any creative. 90% of what I think are just purely aesthetical and value changed from pre-existing abilities. All we get from the custom are just billons of air swipes, earthblasts, and... idk, something that doesn't feel new in terms of gameplay.

Another, I release custom abilities focused also on changing pre-existing abilities, rather just creating a standalone that does actually fit an extention for the stock one. Remember Combustion+ and HealingWaters+, Yeah, but like the latter one, insert the extention to the core ability. This is why I sometimes wish that IceWall and Fireshot(?) where techniques that could only activated through Surge and FireBlast respectively.

ETA: With that said, to fit with the thread's subject: try suggest something outside the box. Don't make a watermanipulation copycat with a difference of looking more fancy and another damage output. Whenever I'll get the chance, I link to a few suggestions that I would personally like to appear on the resource page.

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
That sentence got me triggerred for no appearant reason. Probably because 'it's not what the elements lacks off (imho none of them, from what I seen), it's about (imo) the lack of any creative. 90% of what I think are just purely aesthetical and value changed from pre-existing abilities. All we get from the custom are just billons of air swipes, earthblasts, and... idk, something that doesn't feel new in terms of gameplay.

Another, I release custom abilities focused also on changing pre-existing abilities, rather just creating a standalone that does actually fit an extention for the stock one. Remember Combustion+ and HealingWaters+, Yeah, but like the latter one, insert the extention to the core ability. This is why I sometimes wish that IceWall and Fireshot(?) where techniques that could only activated through Surge and FireBlast respectively.

ETA: With that said, to fit with the thread's subject: try suggest something outside the box. Don't make a watermanipulation copycat with a difference of looking more fancy and another damage output. Whenever I'll get the chance, I link to a few suggestions that I would personally like to appear on the resource page.
Earth doesn't have earth combos; addons make up for that. <- things like that is what I mean when I say where the element lacks. All elements lack in some way or another in our plugin.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'd like to get into addon making but I have no idea what to create. I feel like most things exist already, and I just can't think of anything. I'd prefer to make something for fire or air, because I don't like implementing source selection. Any suggestions are welcome!!
http://projectkorra.com/threads/air-flight-flight-nerfing.3607/

http://projectkorra.com/threads/fire-firedaggers.3214/

http://projectkorra.com/threads/waterarms-non-multiability.5182/

http://projectkorra.com/threads/fire-firestream.3486/

http://projectkorra.com/threads/fire-firewheel-improvements.3220/

http://projectkorra.com/threads/fire-combustion-combustion-reworking.3377/

Can't recall any other good suggestions apart from SuperBower118, because his are the most rememberale to me xP

Last edited:

YourAverageNerd

Verified Member
I'm not here to just make up for what the core lacks on. I just wanna have some fun and maybe even re-create some old deleted resources if that's allowed.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm not here to just make up for what the core lacks on. I just wanna have some fun and maybe even re-create some old deleted resources if that's allowed.
If you wanna, you can: Just look for those which are tag as abandoned and... *searches for the thread that tells how to*

I belive you need to ask @Mist to give you ownership If you plan on really overtaking the outdated custom ability/combo.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
I'ts always great to welcome new content creators to the addon community, if you have any questions feel free to PM me on the forums.

maybe even re-create some old deleted resources if that's allowed.
You are always free to release your own take on someone else's addon or a core ability as its own resource. Alternatively, if an addon is marked abandoned for a reasonably long period of time you can message the original addon creator and ask to take over their resource and update it.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
When we take on someone else's add-on, we get their code and am able to mess around with it as we please? I feel like that'd be a good idea for starting developers to do. Take on an already created ability, learn how it was made by studying the code, editing it to your liking, and making more with what you learn.

Loony

Verified Member
When we take on someone else's add-on, we get their code and am able to mess around with it as we please? I feel like that'd be a good idea for starting developers to do. Take on an already created ability, learn how it was made by studying the code, editing it to your liking, and making more with what you learn.
The addon developer has to agree with it lmao but yeah if you take on their code you can do what you want with it.

You can always study the PK code and mess around with the abilities in there:
https://github.com/ProjectKorra/ProjectKorra

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Sadly no, that is up to the addon creator to decide. However, if addon creators would like having access to open-source/premade addons that is something I can arrange. The only issue with that is we might get people re-releasing similar renditions of the original addon.

YourAverageNerd

Verified Member
Sadly no, that is up to the addon creator to decide. However, if addon creators would like having access to open-source/premade addons that is something I can arrange. The only issue with that is we might get people re-releasing similar renditions of the original addon.
How do you mean open source premade addons? Are you talking about example addons?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Yea, I can see that being an issue to. There'd probably have to be a rule about having duplicates. I just think for myself and other starter-developers it'd be easier to learn code when you have stuff as reference. Multiple sources for experience and learning.