• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

A way to implement Astral Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.

HadesDude

Verified Member
So as some of you may know, astral projection has become a sub-skill of Airbending. I was thinking about a way to implement it without it being insanely exploitable. Currently spectator mode can allow people to clip through blocks and fly around, which would work, the only issue in this is that people will fly underground to find resources/spawners, so to prevent that sort of abuse you could have players kicked out of their astral projection if they went below sea level.

Another issue with this could be that users would enter it to hide away from people. This got me thinking of plugins like the CombatTag plugin that will create another player if someone logs out while in PVP. So why not have it create a fake player while the user is astral projecting and have them be sent back to their bodies if they take any sort of damage.

Edit: If this still seems too OP, you could even add a configurable range distance (Like 180 blocks normally) to prevent players from just flying around the entire server.

Last edited:

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
No, something happening to their bodies would not stop the move. However, if they died their stuff would drop, and upon ending the move they would die. Thats the only way that would be true to the show

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
And also, please don't make suggestions for new features, or at least don't put your heart into the suggestions, if those suggestions rely on things that we MIGHT be able to use in a future version of minecraft.

masterkael

Verified Member
i think we need a way to meditate and this is close. i like spiritual projection. how it makes a sitting version of you. im air and a lot of times i would have liked to meditate. so can we please add something like this. maby make it a key like hit the 'H' button to go into it.

ashe36

Verified Member
I was thinking something very similliar, where the player is able to go where ever they want, but they have to be within 5 blocks of their body to return, or they must die to return. (Can't do /kill)

ashe36

Verified Member
And also, please don't make suggestions for new features, or at least don't put your heart into the suggestions, if those suggestions rely on things that we MIGHT be able to use in a future version of minecraft.
Alex, you did the same exact thing with lightning, so he's fine.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I said it was something I was considering doing if it becomes possible. I just don't want him to put his heart into an amazing request that then is shown to be impossible. I like the idea!

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
I 've seen an rpg server in which when you die, you enter spectator mode and see your own body lying on the floor.(the bed animation/position) if lying's a bit too silly, the minecart sitting animation/position could work too. The code is there, it can definitely work.

V

Vidcom

Personally I would say that this would require a toss up of Cross' idea, Spectator mode, AND some command higgly piggly concerning actually using the move. Us CDs will get on it asap.

ashe36

Verified Member
I personally think we could use spectator mode's code, but make the person see-through, since that's how it was in the show.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I was thinking something very similliar, where the player is able to go where ever they want, but they have to be within 5 blocks of their body to return, or they must die to return. (Can't do /kill)
In the show they never had to walk back to their body to come back.. It think they should just be able to go back into their body as they wish.. But it would some time to do so. (Maybe something like having to shift on the ground for like 10 seconds?)

ashe36

Verified Member
In the show they never had to walk back to their body to come back.. It think they should just be able to go back into their body as they wish.. But it would some time to do so. (Maybe something like having to shift on the ground for like 10 seconds?)
Well Aang had to return to his body, actually..

masterkael

Verified Member
i like the idea of walking/flying back to your body. but maybe you could get a compass showing to where your body is.

ashe36

Verified Member
Oh yeah, but wasn't he in the spirit world at that point? Not using astral projection.. Astral projection is what Jinora was using, and it never showed her having to walk back to her body..
I believe that was for the sake of the show, not that she didn't have to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.