• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied A new earth bending move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDC122

Verified Member
Ok this move allows an earth bender to fly, why he is not an airbender why can he fly, that is if he needs air to fly.
Here is how it works, you can be creative about this and do not need air to be able to float around, although your not flying if your just standing on the ground. Basically you just have to stand on an earth block and bend it around just like you would normally. And bam the earth your standing on would act as a floating island. But if you stop bending it then you will fall.

( can't find a name to this move)

I am not done yet, when you use this move you will also carry earth with you, it would be like bending multiple rocks,
one is the one your staining on, and the other would float around you just like in avatar the last airbender.

This move works just like any spout and earth blasts.

But the attacks would be half as effective as when your standing on ground, because your also bending your little island to prevent you from falling.

Note and spoiler alert to those who haven't watched Naruto 1-2: I found this idea when I was watching the anime Naruto Shippuuden and saw Gaara using his sand to be able to fly.
I am not sure what episode it was but I thinks its the first 15 episode or the last 10. Do not watch the last 10 episodes if you haven't seen Naruto to the end, spoiler alert.
I thought that it would be a legit earth bending move but with earth.

Majorite

Verified Member
This move is possible for an earthbender to do, but I don't think it's necessary. We have EarthSmash and Catapult already which allows the bend to practically glide.

XDC122

Verified Member
Then why airspout when you can just blast yourself in the air with air blast, just because its air.

Majorite

Verified Member
Then why airspout when you can just blast yourself in the air with air blast, just because its air.
Well, airblast allows an airbender to travel longer distances while airspout allows airbender to gain altitude in a specific area. In an earthbender's case, you have EarthSmash to gain altitude is an area, and catapult to travel distances or travel in high altitude.

XDC122

Verified Member
but airspout also allows you to maintain it as well, I don't think earth smash allows you to do that.
And you missing the point that as you use this move there would also be multiple earth blocks floating around you. They act as ammo for earth benders to also be able to earth blast. Its more like fighting in mid air.

Majorite

Verified Member
but airspout also allows you to maintain it as well, I don't think earth smash allows you to do that.
And you missing the point that as you use this move there would also be multiple earth blocks floating around you. They act as ammo for earth benders to also be able to earth blast. Its more like fighting in mid air.
I'm not missing that point. I just think that it would be pointless. You would be able to raise earth and still use earth blast. That would represent "flying" and using ammo.

Last edited:

XDC122

Verified Member
I think it would be rather fun and more awesome then the way you think of the word "flying" and thats not flying.

Your telling me that high jump is flying and standing on top of raise earth is flying, ok then if I stand on top of a tall building that means I am flying.
Well now we know how to fly without any equipments.

The thing is there is no limit on this one, you can fly as high as you want, unlike air spout witch has a limit. And there is no earth connecting to the ground, its a floating island that means that there is no earth that connects it to the ground.
That is closer to flying then your idea, and your idea isn't really flying, its like standing on a tall object and high jumps.

XDC122

Verified Member
You guys are completely taking out the thing that you can gain altitude in a specific area just to cover up how to maintain altitude

This move allows you to earth bend not only from the block your standing on (raise earth) but also from the blocks that floats around you, it comes with the move that 4 or 5 earth blocks would float around as well(my idea). Not only can you maintain altitude( raise earth) but also gain it in a specific area (same as air spout).
Not only can you gain altitude (earth smash) but also maintain it ( same as air spout, again). It doesnt connects to the ground because its a floating island.

There is no limit to how high or how long you can float around. I doubt you can even dodge attacks when standing on raise earth without getting off of it or maintain hights with earth smash.

This is basically air spout with earth blocks floating around you.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You guys are completely taking out the thing that you can gain altitude in a specific area just to cover up how to maintain altitude

This move allows you to earth bend not only from the block your standing on (raise earth) but also from the blocks that floats around you, it comes with the move that 4 or 5 earth blocks would float around as well(my idea). Not only can you maintain altitude( raise earth) but also gain it in a specific area (same as air spout).
Not only can you gain altitude (earth smash) but also maintain it ( same as air spout, again). It doesnt connects to the ground because its a floating island.

There is no limit to how high or how long you can float around. I doubt you can even dodge attacks when standing on raise earth without getting off of it or maintain hights with earth smash.

This is basically air spout with earth blocks floating around you.
EarthSmash, Raiseearth to get on top of it, your altitude.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ok let me make this clear;
I completely understood the move the first time I read it, and Majorite probably did too. The problem with it is, in the show earthbending is never really shown to be an airborne element for an extended time. You don't even see airspouts or water spouts being used for long periods of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.