• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

1.9.0 Core Suggestions

Loony

Verified Member
Hey guys,
We're planning 1.9.0 Core and discussing ideas on what to add / change. What I would like to see from you guys is suggestions on passives. Not just your normal speed / jump passives but other passives that interact with Minecraft to give bending more depth. Fire lacks these passives so it would be great if you can come up with ideas for that!

It would also be helpful if you think of ways the current moves we have can interact with Minecraft, like how HeatControl can cook raw food - that type of thing.

We want to try and add more depth to the plugin and make bending more useful in survival so all ideas are helpful :)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I did not think this thread woud be that explicit towards what we suppose to suggestion, but just asking us to make any suggestions regarding with 1.9 features.

Passives...uhh tuff luck for me to think of any good one. Lemme see... How about firebenders having a reduce chance to be hit by lightning during a heavy storm (if being struck by it in vanilla game happens to be a thing? With FireJet selected, the player will be suspended in air from a fall when reaching 1 block height, but if the fall distance isn't too big.

In cold biomes their firebending power should be weakened at some extent, but not that big than when during nighttime. If there is ever gonna be a firebreath ability, players that have it binded can overcome this weakness with a simple few left clicks with it (if not, heatcontrol would replace this firebreath function).

Last edited:

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I did not think this thread woud be that explicit towards what we suppose to suggestion, but just asking us to make any suggestions regarding with 1.9 features.

Passives...uhh tuff luck for me to think of any good one. Lemme see... How about firebenders having a reduce chance to be hit by lightning during a heavy storm (if being struck by it in vanilla game happens to be a thing)? With FireJet selected, the player will be suspended in air from a fall when reaching 1 block height, but if the fall distance isn't too big.
Nerd time! Woooo!

Don't mean to rain down on your thunder (pun intended), but it's actually a very low chance. Here's why (thus the nerd time ;) ):
  • On a standard default minecraft server, the default chunk loading distance is set to 10 (this is the radius, so including the chunk you are in, there are 181 chunks loaded around you.)
  • There are 256 surface blocks in every chunk (I say surface, because lightning can only hit the surface)
  • 256 x 181= 46,336 blocks that lightning can hit.
  • Within those 46k blocks that can be struck with lightning, only 36 of those positions will actually hit you (lightning hits everything in a 6x6 area)
  • So do the math, that means that there is a 1,287.11* chance to be hit with lightning per strike.
  • Now, imagine a server also has 10 players in the overworld. If none of those players are near each other and all have their own individual chunks loaded on the server, that means the chance is 10 times less.
Now, I'm no genius (in fact saying I'm a huge numpty is more accurate) so I can almost guarantee that one number slipped in that statement somewhere. That said, I've been playing minecraft FOR YEARS. I can only really recall being hit with lightning roughly once or so on a SMP server (single player is different again as the chunk mechanics work differently). Roughly... But point being, it almost never happens!

TL;DR: Chance of being hit by lightning on a standard server is 1 in 1,287.11 per strike, assuming you are the only other player on. Multiply that by how many players there is on to get a better estimation. Better yet, let's just say the chances are VERY SLIM xD

Actual idea now, I swear
Anyway.... One idea for a 1.9 passive I had was the ability for airbenders to keep gliding using Elytra. If they press SHIFT while gliding down (on a blank bind or a move that doesn't use SHIFT), they get boosted for a little bit. Seems logical, and the only thing that would need to be considered would be how to restrict it from becoming overpowered.

Edit: Sorry to shoot down your idea, I just love spitting big facts and numbers :( (I got carried away so my bad). If you ignore my crap-post on the chances, usually players get put out by the rain anyway, so in my opinion it isn't actually that big of a deal. What would be neat however, is the ability to instantly store that lightning in charged form!

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
I didn't mean Minecraft 1.9 features, I mean we're planning the 1.9.0 Core version of PK. We get tons of ability suggestions so as a community I request you focus on passive stuff because we don't get a lot of suggestions for it :)

Loony

Verified Member
Nerd time! Woooo!

Don't mean to rain down on your thunder (pun intended), but it's actually a very low chance. Here's why (thus the nerd time ;) ):
  • On a standard default minecraft server, the default chunk loading distance is set to 10 (this is the radius, so including the chunk you are in, there are 181 chunks loaded around you.)
  • There are 256 surface blocks in every chunk (I say surface, because lightning can only hit the surface)
  • 256 x 181= 46,336 blocks that lightning can hit.
  • Within those 46k blocks that can be struck with lightning, only 36 of those positions will actually hit you (lightning hits everything in a 6x6 area)
  • So do the math, that means that there is a 1,287.11* chance to be hit with lightning per strike.
  • Now, imagine a server also has 10 players in the overworld. If none of those players are near each other and all have their own individual chunks loaded on the server, that means the chance is 10 times less.
Now, I'm no genius (in fact saying I'm a huge numpty is more accurate) so I can almost guarantee that one number slipped in that statement somewhere. That said, I've been playing minecraft FOR YEARS. I can only really recall being hit with lightning roughly once or so on a SMP server (single player is different again as the chunk mechanics work differently). Roughly...

TL;DR: Chance of being hit by lightning on a standard server is 1 in 1,287.11 per strike, assuming you are the only other player on. Multiply that by how many players there is on to get a better estimation.

Actual idea now, I swear
Anyway.... One idea for a 1.9 passive I had was the ability for airbenders to keep gliding using Elytra. If they press SHIFT while gliding down (on a blank bind or a move that doesn't use SHIFT), they get boosted for a little bit. Seems logical, and the only thing that would need to be considered would be how to restrict it from becoming overpowered.

Edit: Sorry to shoot down your idea, I just love spitting big facts and numbers :( (I got carried away so my bad). If you ignore my crap-post on the chances, usually players get put out by the rain anyway, so in my opinion it isn't actually that big of a deal. What would be neat however, is the ability to instantly store that lightning in charged form!
You went full nerd. Never go full nerd.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It is ok. I really don't mind if that passive is worth of potential or not. Yah, charging it would be cool. I had an idea for attracting lightning to yourself by forcefully causing it to struck you than redirect it while no harm is done to the player.

This occurred me from that one episode that Id rewatched where Iroh performed that (well, he probably didn't really at all attract that lightning from the storm, but he did performed redirection technique with that thunder). Holding that stored lightning for too long would indeed inflict the damage of it and the element itself would dispel from the body into nowhere.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I didn't mean Minecraft 1.9 features, I mean we're planning the 1.9.0 Core version of PK. We get tons of ability suggestions so as a community I request you focus on passive stuff because we don't get a lot of suggestions for it :)
Yes but the 1.9.0 version of Core is for 1.9, correct? I know it's not just meant to be 1.9 features, I get that. I just had to have at least one idea on this thread when I made a whole nerd post as well, right? xD

You went full nerd. Never go full nerd.
Too late lol. THE NERD HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Sorin

Verified Member
Hmmm, adding to the whole lightning thing, why not a higher chance for the player to get hit with actual lightning while they are charging the move lightning(like a 15 - 25% chance?). If said player was hit, it would instantly charge their lightning, and give it sizable damage increase, maybe even make it look completely different. This is canon as well -
How I would go about coding it *this obviously isn't everything that would be needed to be done, you would need to make sure the player is currently charging lighting, and change some values on variables, but this is just how I would start with it, it seems like it would be simple to do, but I could be wrong :p* -

Code:
Random dice = new Random();
RandomInt = dice.nextInt(100) + 1;
World world = p.getWorld

if(w.hasStorm && Randomint >= 75//the percent chance :P) {
       //you would also need to make sure the player isn't underground
      //strike player with lightning, and charge the move lightning
}

Last edited:

runefist

Verified Member
Just an idea, air throws enderpearls much further if they hold shift?

Also if you fall in 1.9 and you throw an enderpearl up, it will not go up/a little bit, not as much as it used to be. Maybe air will have the 1.8 mechanics?

Loony

Verified Member
Yes but the 1.9.0 version of Core is for 1.9, correct? I know it's not just meant to be 1.9 features, I get that. I just had to have at least one idea on this thread when I made a whole nerd post as well, right? xD

Too late lol. THE NERD HAS BEEN RELEASED!
Yes but I'm not just talking about Minecraft 1.9 additions that we can use for features so I needed to clear it up

Loony

Verified Member
Just an idea, air throws enderpearls much further if they hold shift?

Also if you fall in 1.9 and you throw an enderpearl up, it will not go up/a little bit, not as much as it used to be. Maybe air will have the 1.8 mechanics?
I mean, they can just throw them and click AirBlast to throw it further. Maybe we should add it so that if you throw it on the AirBlast slot it goes further

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Hmmm, adding to the whole lightning thing, why not a higher chance for the player to get hit with actual lightning while they are charging the move lightning(like a 15 - 25% chance?). If said player was hit, it would instantly charge their lightning, and give it sizable damage increase, maybe even make it look completely different. This is canon as well -
I just said the exact same thing, If you read my previous reply. You shouldn't have repeated everything what I covered up :p

The Chance should only occur when there is thunder-weather or just give it a bigger change then when it's not thundering.

Sorin

Verified Member
I just said the exact same thing, If you read my previous reply. You shouldn't have repeated everything what I covered up :p

The Chance should only occur when there is thunder-weather or just give it a bigger change then when it's not thundering.
Lol, my bad, I was on mobile and I didn't see that you posted that! But my post just further strengthens your suggestion, as it explains how it could be done, and that it can be done. I also suggested that there could be a different look, and maybe even higher damage.

TacticalRoyS

Verified Member
Maybe you guys could add a way where firebenders can stop flying in the air with firejet by clicking 2 times
Just like the part when the Jeong Jeong fly s in the air when fighting against the firenation in Ba Sing se

TacticalRoyS

Verified Member
Or when you use shockwave the grass will turn into dirt (or coarse dirt) for a 1 minute and then it will slowly turn into grass again

TacticalRoyS

Verified Member
Or when someone shoots 5 Earthblast blocks at you you will get blindness for 3 seconds so it looks like you get dizzy by the rocks against your head