• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

1.5.0 BETA 24

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
This is a rather large dev build, but stuff that needed to be done before the 1.5.0 release. As of now, we still plan to release 1.5.0 on December 1st (tomorrow). Please report any bugs you find in this new build ASAP (so we can fix them and not have to delay release).

• General Changes
    • Updated staff on /bending who
      • Now displays Gahshunk, Majorite, Kiam, UnlitedOwns, and OmniCypher.
  • Earthbending Changes
    • LavaSurge Changes
      • LavaSurge now has a default 1 second cooldown.
    • MetalClips Changes(So the ability is no longer as scary as Bloodbending)
      • The use of the 4th clip in MetalClips now requires a permission node (bending.ability.MetalClips.4clips), defaults to false.
      • MetalClips' 4th clip will only deal damage when the entity is getting closer while height is maintained.

David

Verified Member
Thank you~! Metal Clips is much better now but I still think there should be an option in the config to enable or disable Metal Clip's ability to disable bending.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I do not like the 4th clip being disabled by default at all, since I am hopeless when it comes to permissions. Could you have it enabled by default and the owners just have to negate the node?

David

Verified Member
I do not like the 4th clip being disabled by default at all, since I am hopeless when it comes to permissions. Could you have it enabled by default and the owners just have to negate the node?
That would mean all players would an extremely powerful move by default, questionably more powerful than blood bending. What is your permission plugin?

Permissions Ex: /pex user <IGN> add bending.ability.MetalClips.4clips

Group Manager: /manuaddp <IGN> bending.ability.MetalClips.4clips

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
That would mean all players would an extremely powerful move by default, questionably more powerful than blood bending. What is your permission plugin?

Permissions Ex: /pex user <IGN> add bending.ability.MetalClips.4clips

Group Manager: /manuaddp <IGN> bending.ability.MetalClips.4clips
If they negate the node then there is nothing to worry about.

I have tried Perrmissions Ex but it was not working for my server. All the commands were doing nothing.

David

Verified Member
If they negate the node then there is nothing to worry about.

I have tried Perrmissions Ex but it was not working for my server. All the commands were doing nothing.
Then use GroupManager. In my opinion it's much better and more reliable than Permissions Ex. Also, it's likely that you simply installed PEX wrong.

I also doubt all owners will take the extra step to negate the permission. People would log on their server, "WTF THIS IS OP AF!!!! HAX" and give this plugin bad reputation and it's just irritating to me personally.

DanStryder

Verified Member
Hey Mist, I don't mean to spam here, but is there any direct downloads of this Beta, as I've gone to add the latest Dev build thinking it would be this beta, I added it to my 1.7.10 server and it caused a lot bending bugs because of obviously different mc versions, I'm not ready to move my server to 1.8 just yet so that'd be great if you could help :D