• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

1.5.0 BETA 11

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
  • General Changes
    • Custom Event: PlayerCooldownChangeEvent
      • Can be called by other plugins in their listeners. It is called when a player either gets a cooldown or loses one. This is made primarily for the sake of more utility based addon plugins.
        • event.getAbility() returns the ability that was used to give the cooldown.
        • getResult() returns the result of the Cooldown, whether it was removed or added to the player.
      • At the moment, this event cannot be canceled, we may add that sort of functionality in the future.
  • Waterbending Changes
    • Merged WaterWave into WaterSpout
      • WaterWave is no longer an individual ability.
      • WaterSpout has been split up into two functionalities.
        • Spout: Left click a non waterbendable block while over water. (I.E. Air)
        • Wave: Left click a Waterbendable block to select it as a source. Hold sneak for two seconds and then release sneak to launch off, creating a wave of water at your feet. Tapping sneak while the wave is in motion will cause it to disappear.
        • All previous WaterWave config options now exist under WaterSpout config.
        • Added permission node to disable the WaterSpout Wave. bending.abilities.WaterSpout.Wave, enabled by default.
        • WaterSpout description has been changed to reflect new changes.
          • You will have to delete the old WaterSpout description in your config (Including the part that says "description" to get the new one. Or, you can just copy and paste the following in. (Into the description line in the WaterSpout section of the config)
            • This ability provides a Waterbender with a new means of transportation. To use, simply left click while in or over water to spout water up beneath you, experiencing controlled levitation. Left clicking again while the spout is active will cause it to disappear. Alternatively, tapping a Waterbendable block while not in Water will select a water block as a source, from there, you can tap sneak (Default:Shift) to channel the Water around you. Releasing the sneak will create a wave allowing you a quick burst of controlled transportation. While riding the wave you may press sneak to cause the wave to disappear.
      • Added a configuration option for OctopusForm called FormDelay, which determines the speed of OctopusForm.

jedk1

Well I love the new event, but apparently barely any of my players can use moves :c I mean, idk whats wrong here, cos I can still do all the moves, but for some reason they cant do moves like combustion for fireblast :c

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Out of interest, seeing as though you're able to fastswim using WaterWave, will you still be able to do so with the new WaterSpout? Lots of people switch to their WaterSpout slot when fastswimming.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
Out of interest, seeing as though you're able to fastswim using WaterWave, will you still be able to do so with the new WaterSpout? Lots of people switch to their WaterSpout slot when fastswimming.
I thought waterspout was the ability you need to select for fast swim even before WaterWave, so that shouldn't change..

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
I thought waterspout was the ability you need to select for fast swim even before WaterWave, so that shouldn't change..
Actually, FastSwim works with any ability (or rather, slot, it also works with slots without moves bound to them) that doesn't use shift. Waterbenders tend to select WayerSpout, since it's one of Water's only moves that doesn't require you to select a source with sneak. In a previous dev build it was added that you can FastSwim with WaterWave (which is really nice), but as the moves are now merged, I was wondering if that would change.

Hartford15

Verified Member
So can we not waterspout on snow blocks and stuff anymore? If so I feel like this combination isn't a good one