• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

1.4.0 BETA 10

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
We've spent much of the weekend working on this one, and it's massive! This will likely be the last feature heavy dev build for 1.4.0. We plan to release a full 1.4.0 build next weekend, so it will help us out if you report any bugs you find.

*faint noise of waterbenders weeping tears of joy in the background now that they finally have some new things to play with*
  • General Changes
    • You can now Disable Bending per world via the config. Simply add the world name (exactly as it appears in-game) to the DisabledWorlds list in the config.
    • New Command: Presets
      • Allows the player to define Presets of bound moves that can be bound at any time.
      • Limited via permission nodes: bending.command.preset.create.MAX#OfPresets (Defaults to two)
      • Command is: /bending preset create|bind|list|delete {name} (All permission nodes are bending.command.preset.create|bind|list|delete
        • Create:
          • Allows the player to save their current bound slot order as a preset.
        • Bind
          • Allows the player to bind one of their saved presets. This will overwrite their current bound slots. For example, say they have a preset named Water, which consists of Waterbending abilities, when they use this command it will bind whatever abilities they had saved there to their slots.
        • List
          • Returns a list of the users saved presets.
        • Delete
          • Lets the user delete one of their saved presets.
  • Airbending Changes
    • AirBubble: Added a check to bubbles to make sure that the block is water before checking if the region is protected from build. Should significantly increase efficiency of the bubbles.
  • Waterbending Changes
    • New Ability: IceBlast
      • To use, simply tap sneak (Default: Shift) to select an ice source block (must be ice). Left click to fire the blast off at a target. When it hits a target it will temporarily slow them down and deal a fair amount of damage.
    • New Ability: WaterWave
      • Provides a Waterbender with boosted mobility and transportation. To use, first click a source block to select it, then hold sneak to channel the water around you. When you let go of sneak, the water will carry you in the direction you're looking. Tapping sneak while riding the wave will cause the water to disappear.
    • WaterBubble: Added a check to bubbles to make sure that the block is water before checking if the region is protected from build. Should significantly increase efficiency of the bubbles.
    • Fixed a bug where WaterSpouts were not created when the player is submerged in Water.
  • Earthbending Changes
    • Fixed bug where LavaFlow blocks were flooding, causing obsidian and stone to arise when it shouldn't be.
    • Fixed a bug where AvatarState LavaFlow was cleaning up all blocks instantly.
    • Fixed bug where LavaFlow blocks were not considered TempBlocks.
    • All LavaFlow blocks should clean up properly now.
    • Checks for Earthbendable blocks have been made much more efficient.
  • Firebending Changes
    • There is now an explosion animation at the end of a Combustion beam.
  • Chiblocking Changes
    • When Chi is blocked, passives will no longer work.
Note: This is not the place to report bugs. Please go to the Bug Reports section to do that. Also, no ability is necessarily complete, and should be treated as such. They are here for you to test, and could very well change in a future build.

Majorite

Verified Member
Thanks so much! I have a small question with this update, though. Does IceBlast replace IceSpike?

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks so much! I have a small question with this update, though. Does IceBlast replace IceSpike?
No, this one fires more particles than blocks. It looks much more like snow than it does ice.

This was probably our largest single dev build, and probably the one we worked the hardest on.

V

Vidcom

IceSpike is more of a "catch all" move for Icebending as a whole. It makes spikes, works as a shot, and can be used as a shield attack. IceBlast, however, is a really powerful shot, with some particle utilization also

V

Vidcom

While IceSpike is like a Swiss army knife of icebending, IceBlast is more like a gun. Purely damaging, and much more powerful too

Gahshunk

Verified Member
This update makes me want to set my couch on fire and drag it out across the street <3

... I love it

Immallama

Verified Member
I love the two new water moves. However, I think it would be nice if IceBlast could be used with snow and if WaterWave started up and stopped a bit quicker. The move is meant for quickly dodging and moving but it's kind of hard with the way it currently is.

Other than that great job! We've needed some new water abilities for a while!

Last edited:

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
First off, LOVE the new water abilities. Especially waterwave. Having just tested the ability, I think it is amazing, just a few suggestions for it's improvement, if you don't mind. 1, perhaps make it last longer? I feel as though it is too short, and does not get me as far as I feel it should. I mean, When Katara used a wave to travel across the cavern in the crystal catacombs to reach Aang after he was shot with lightning by Azula, that wave managed to carry her an awfully long time. My second suggestion is that you allow the wave to carry the player down to the ground completely, as when I use it, I occasionally take fall damage upon the dissipation of the wave. but, other than these two comments, I LOVE the new abilities.