• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water Combo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeri

Verified Member
Since fire has combo's we are already pretty sure the other elements will get combo's aswell, So i decided why not post a thread of my own idea's ?

This thread is not complete, There's still 1 combo missing which i will post later since im still thinking about it

Water Lift

Watermanipulation (Tap Shift) > WaterSpout (Hold Shift) > Watermanipulation (Tap Shift) > WaterSpout (Left Click)

This move would levitate your target into the air with a waterspout 7 blocks high and keep the target there for around 2.0 seconds. The move also deals a tiny bit of damage (1 and a half heart)

Range: 10 (Range, in blocks)
Damage: 3 (1.5 hearts)
Height: 7 (height of Water Lift, in blocks)
Duration: 2 (seconds)
Cooldown: 10 seconds

Blizzard

Torrent (Tap Shift) > (Tap Shift) > IceSpike (Hold shift) > IceSpike (Left Click)

Multiple IceSpikes are shot forward dealing the same damage as regular icespikes, This move is used in the show by Tarrlok (When fighting korra) and Kya (When fighting Zaheer)

Amount: 12 (Amount of icespikes)
Arc: 5 (How farm the icespikes will spread)
Range: 15 (Range in blocks)
Cooldown: 10 seconds

Ice Disc

Torrent (Hold Shift) > PhaseChange (Left Click) > Release Shift > Phasechange (Tap Shift)

This move will cause a ice cylinder to move forward, The same size as your torrent only its filled. It would be made out of Snow (layers) since this cylinder is not supposed to be thick, but rather sharp. This move deals 2.5 hearts on impact and slowness III for 3 seconds

Size: 1 (2 at night, 3 at full moon, view sizes below)
Range: 20 (Range in blocks)
Damage: 5 (2.5 hearts)
Cooldown: 12 seconds

Frost Swift

WaterSpout (Tap Shift) > WaterSpout (Charge it)(Hold Shift) > PhaseChange (Left Click) > Release Shift

This move is the frozen version of WaterWave, but it's faster and goes further. The move is made out of ice blocks instead of water like WaterWave

Cooldown: 10 seconds (After move has ended)

WaterStream

Torrent (Tap Shift) > Torrent (Tap Shift) > Watermanipulation (Tap Shift) > Surge (Tap Shift)

This move launches a concentrated stream of water forward, dealing damage and knocking back your enemy. This move cannot hit multiple people, and it's direction cannot be changed. It's damage is 6 (3 hearts) and the knockback around 5 blocks.

Range: 10 (In blocks)
Knockback: 5.0 (in blocks)
Damage: 6 (3 hearts)
Cooldown: 5

Information how to use those combo's?

As most of you know, Water is a element that requires a source. So normally when you do a combo (and complete it) you need to left click your source, and then left click where you want to use the move, For example (Left Click) on water and then (Left Click) on target will launch the move, Water Stream is launched from a water source, not from the player.

Feel free to share your opinion, i'm open for critic

Last edited:

Moonelight

Verified Member
On water lift, maybe not 3 seconds to hold you up, maybe just toss you up doing damage. Otherwise I think that'd be to over powered.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Blizzard strikes me as slightly overpowered upon first reading it. If it does the amount of damage of spammed icespikes then it could take if so much health very quickly. Plus, if it's foundation is Torrent (which itself doesn't take long to send forward - there's practically no change if you think about it) and the combo doesn't take much time to do correctly, the technique could be executed really quickly. Although, could you give me an idea how much possible damage you see Blizzard inflicting, thanks.

Moonelight

Verified Member
The reason Fire has 5 combos is because their the element of "Fighting".

Making water a fighting element would just be wrong.

Joeri

Verified Member
Blizzard strikes me as slightly overpowered upon first reading it. If it does the amount of damage of spammed icespikes then it could take if so much health very quickly. Plus, if it's foundation is Torrent (which itself doesn't take long to send forward - there's practically no change if you think about it) and the combo doesn't take much time to do correctly, the technique could be executed really quickly. Although, could you give me an idea how much possible damage you see Blizzard inflicting, thanks.
Actually IceSpike can only hit the same person every 1.5 seconds or so. So Blizzard will only improve the chance of hitting someone/multiple people.

Joeri

Verified Member
The reason Fire has 5 combos is because their the element of "Fighting".

Making water a fighting element would just be wrong.
Water is a mixture of defense and offensive, Blizzard doesn't deal damage and slows so for defense and offensive, WaterLift can also be used for offensive (fall damage or hitting while the target is launched up) or defensive (escaping while you launch your target)

Ice Disc - Slowness and Damage, Great for offense and defense
Blizzard - Not much damage, Great for AoE and slowing
Water Lift - Great for escaping
FrostSwift - Great for mobility and getting up to high places

Joeri

Verified Member
On water lift, maybe not 3 seconds to hold you up, maybe just toss you up doing damage. Otherwise I think that'd be to over powered.
I changed it to 1.5 seconds, would that still be a lil be to OP?

Joeri

Verified Member
Edited the post! The amount of clicks and moves used for combo's are now longer and improved

I was watching the fight Kya had with Zaheer and she uses a version of Water Wave offensively. It has a fast charge up time and travels fast but doesn't go very far but when it hits Zaheer it hurts him and pushes him back.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I changed it to 1.5 seconds, would that still be a lil be to OP?
Any second given to the amount of time you were being held up would give the user enough time to kill you.

So yes, to over powered. And I am thinking it should be a toss kind of thing. Throwing your opponent up with about 1.5 hearts of damage.

Joeri

Verified Member
Any second given to the amount of time you were being held up would give the user enough time to kill you.

So yes, to over powered. And I am thinking it should be a toss kind of thing. Throwing your opponent up with about 1.5 hearts of damage.
1.5 seconds is by far not enough time to kill someone, Most chiblockers even fail with paralyze, wich lasts longer...

Kwesi

Verified Member
Alright, I'm liking the WaterStream addition. It's quite cool and make sense. It's balanced out and really useful. I like how you have updated it with all the details. If there's one thing I really like it's when players include ALL the factors: what the WaterCombo would be, an accurate and comprehensible description of the appearance of the ability, the range, damage, duration and how the source would be selected and used in the WaterCombo.

It's all really great, it is. They make fine suggestions for WaterCombo abilities. There is one thing I would like to know with these techniques. Do you have an idea of a cooldown for them or do you know think a cooldown is required? If you do have some please give that update. That would be great. Although, I kindly recommend you add some sort of cooldown because otherwise waterbenders who master these WaterCombos could easily become overpowered.

Great job though. :D

Joeri

Verified Member
Alright, I'm liking the WaterStream addition. It's quite cool and make sense. It's balanced out and really useful. I like how you have updated it with all the details. If there's one thing I really like it's when players include ALL the factors: what the WaterCombo would be, an accurate and comprehensible description of the appearance of the ability, the range, damage, duration and how the source would be selected and used in the WaterCombo.

It's all really great, it is. They make fine suggestions for WaterCombo abilities. There is one thing I would like to know with these techniques. Do you have an idea of a cooldown for them or do you know think a cooldown is required? If you do have some please give that update. That would be great. Although, I kindly recommend you add some sort of cooldown because otherwise waterbenders who master these WaterCombos could easily become overpowered.

Great job though. :D
I'll add the cooldowns, They are around 5 seconds so if your slow with clicking you probally wont even notice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.