• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water Combo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
If FrostSwift is a frozen version of WaterWave, would it not have a smaller cool down due to the water compressing into ice?
I love the move ideas however, very nice job Joe. <3

~Apple<3

Kwesi

Verified Member
If FrostSwift is a frozen version of WaterWave, would it not have a smaller cool down due to the water compressing into ice?
I love the move ideas however, very nice job Joe. <3

~Apple<3
I look at it like: if it has a larger degree of effect then it should probably have a longer cooldown so it is balanced correctly. I don't know though, would you agree with that?

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
Hmm, it really depends on how much water the waterbender directs and pulls from the source, although this would not be available due to water source blocks being one block. I agree with you somewhat, but if it is the same thing as WaterWave, but condensed into ice, I believe it should have a partially shorter cool down.
Thank you for the feedback, let me know what you think!
( Also, should the move combination involve the move WaterWave in a form, as WaterWave is in the official plugin, and not an addition? )

~Apple<3

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ice Disc

Torrent (Hold Shift) > PhaseChange (Left Click) > Release Shift > Phasechange (Tap Shift)

This move will cause a ice cylinder to move forward, The same size as your torrent only its filled. It would be made out of Snow (layers) since this cylinder is not supposed to be thick, but rather sharp. This move deals 2.5 hearts on impact and slowness III for 3 seconds

Size: 1 (2 at night, 3 at full moon, view sizes below)
Range: 20 (Range in blocks)
Damage: 5 (2.5 hearts)
Cooldown: 6 seconds

you just copied my idea :/ ;-;

Kwesi

Verified Member
I actually did not read those threads, I came up with the ideas on my own
Yeah, I can tell. Your idea works almost completely differently to mine. It's certainly more powerful. Mine was meant to be more like the type Katara used against Pakku.

Your idea is great though. It has good structure and I'm a big fan. ;) :)

Kwesi

Verified Member
Hmm, it really depends on how much water the waterbender directs and pulls from the source, although this would not be available due to water source blocks being one block. I agree with you somewhat, but if it is the same thing as WaterWave, but condensed into ice, I believe it should have a partially shorter cool down.
Thank you for the feedback, let me know what you think!
( Also, should the move combination involve the move WaterWave in a form, as WaterWave is in the official plugin, and not an addition? )

~Apple<3
I understand your point, but I feel what'll happen is players will start mastering the WaterCombo, get really excited using it or just find it so darn effective that they'll start using all the time. Since FrostSwift is planned to have a 5 second cooldown, by the time the waterbenders uses the ability it will last longer than WaterWave because it is more effective, and then by the time it is finished it will be ready to use again (almost) instantly. If you were to include a partially shorter cooldown it would be ready pretty much instantly and would seemingly have no cooldown, when it's just so tiny it's not noticeable, which means it's not really doing a good job of acting as a balance tool. Either way, with partially shorter cooldown or common cooldown it will be so small that they won't even be noticed, and such an effective ability like this could just be spammed. Waterbenders will most likely be whizzing around everywhere.

I agree with you on your other point though, WaterWave should definitely be included in the WaterCombo - it just makes sense.

Joeri

Verified Member
I understand your point, but I feel what'll happen is players will start mastering the WaterCombo, get really excited using it or just find it so darn effective that they'll start using all the time. Since FrostSwift is planned to have a 5 second cooldown, by the time the waterbenders uses the ability it will last longer than WaterWave because it is more effective, and then by the time it is finished it will be ready to use again (almost) instantly. If you were to include a partially shorter cooldown it would be ready pretty much instantly and would seemingly have no cooldown, when it's just so tiny it's not noticeable, which means it's not really doing a good job of acting as a balance tool. Either way, with partially shorter cooldown or common cooldown it will be so small that they won't even be noticed, and such an effective ability like this could just be spammed. Waterbenders will most likely be whizzing around everywhere.

I agree with you on your other point though, WaterWave should definitely be included in the WaterCombo - it just makes sense.
I meant 5 seconds after the move has ended, not during the move. Anyway. cooldown of FrostSwift upped to 8 seconds after move has ended. Post updated

Kwesi

Verified Member
I meant 5 seconds after the move has ended, not during the move. Anyway. cooldown of FrostSwift upped to 8 seconds after move has ended. Post updated
Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I can understand what you mean now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.