• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Torrent redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
Torrent Redirection:
Complicated Method Where Bender Being Targeted By Torrent Either Does 1 Of Two Methods:

1) Swings Torrent Behind Bender, Shoots Back Out Like A Normal Torrent

2) Shoots A Second Torrnet Into The First One, Redirecting The First One Off Place

This should only be able to be used by water bending masters.

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
i like this idea
it's seen in the show
and it is effective
also add more possibilities in combat

and to don't be op it should have a cooldown

David

Verified Member
We were talking about a permanent one with a hole in it. How well you could shoot through the hole or something..

You just have to wait for it to get a reasonable distance away then click on the ground in front of your feet and it will come back.

I compared my EarthBlast redirection to Torrent purely to explain how well it can be redirected which is the reponse to ^.
The quality of redirection between Torrent and Water manipulation are different... They are two completely different moves with completely different mechanics; this topic is becoming dried out so I'm done arguing over something so simple

6tijn

Verified Member
You can use it by shifting.
Imagine: You attack someone with Torrent. The water is heading his derection and he Simply presses shift to rederect it. The Torrent doesn't hit him. You can re-redirect because you must be holding shift to keep the torrent going. So you'll have to try to bring the Torrent stream back to the victem, or the Torrent went to far away and has disappeared. If it didn't disappear already, you aim again at your victim. He just simply presses shift to redirect it, and so on and so on...

I think teh victim would just need to use Surge Shield to block it. It maybe takes skill. BUT not everything has to be easy!!!

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
watermanipulation IS easier to redirect. it's quicker and makes sharper turns than earthblast. And you can make a permanent surge wall. Then just dig a hole in it and you're done.

owlcool

Verified Member
watermanipulation IS easier to redirect. it's quicker and makes sharper turns than earthblast. And you can make a permanent surge wall. Then just dig a hole in it and you're done.
I am not disagreeing with you about the speed. Earthblast IS easier because it is one button less and is slower.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
I think torrent redirection would make torrent less special and less appreciated. Waterbending vs Waterbending would be more like... "Hmm, why should I bother using torrent when he can just redirect it just like a water manipulation?"
It would spice up the battle :p

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to deny this one, while the suggestion is canon, it pretty much cripples Waterbending a bit too much in an MC way. WaterManipulation can already be directed and not every ability should be able to be redirected / stopped. Otherwise it'd be a who can switch to their torrent slot fastest type deal when fighting other Waterbenders.

The ability CAN be stopped through other means by Waterbenders that requires a little more skill, but I don't think this is a great idea MC wise.

Thank you for the thought out suggestion nonetheless!

Status
Not open for further replies.