• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

How is Airbending useful?

ndude5

Hi everyone,

I have been playing with a few friends on a bending factions server for a while. Bending helps a lot during survival, and everyone obviously helps differently in our faction depending on their element: earthbenders do most of the mining (EarthTunnel and Extraction), firebenders cook food and help with offense (HeatControl to cook food), and waterbenders heal and gather food (HealingWaters if people are low during battle and WakeFishing to get food).

However, I can't really think of any ways that air is useful during survival. It isn't more efficient than others with gathering food or materials, and if it comes to scouting out locations or something of the like, any of the other benders could do it just as easily. I feel like if we have an airbender it won't really be any benefit and we'll just be trying to find jobs for them to do that other benders could do more efficiently. So, my question is, how would an airbender help our faction?

Pride

Hi everyone,

I have been playing with a few friends on a bending factions server for a while. Bending helps a lot during survival, and everyone obviously helps differently in our faction depending on their element: earthbenders do most of the mining (EarthTunnel and Extraction), firebenders cook food and help with offense (HeatControl to cook food), and waterbenders heal and gather food (HealingWaters if people are low during battle and WakeFishing to get food).

However, I can't really think of any ways that air is useful during survival. It isn't more efficient than others with gathering food or materials, and if it comes to scouting out locations or something of the like, any of the other benders could do it just as easily. I feel like if we have an airbender it won't really be any benefit and we'll just be trying to find jobs for them to do that other benders could do more efficiently. So, my question is, how would an airbender help our faction?
during survival they dont take fall damage (from anything) :p
airbenders can go to different biomes real quick and can find some cool stuff xd

ndude5

during survival they dont take fall damage (from anything) :p
airbenders can go to different biomes real quick and can find some cool stuff xd
Yeah, I guess they could be good for gathering items and random tasks. It's just that for the other elements, I can think of something right away that they have to provide, but air doesn't really have anything I can think of.

Also, not taking fall damage is good for them, but it doesn't help their faction teammates at all. Maybe air is good if you're going solo.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Air is the element for travelling. If you're playing factions and you're just gonna stay in 1 place deep underground, you don't really need an airbender. If you want a part of your team to really explore the world, an airbender is what you're looking for. They can cope with any terrain since they can literally scooter across it, tornado themselves or just blast themselves miles away.

ndude5

Air is the element for travelling. If you're playing factions and you're just gonna stay in 1 place deep underground, you don't really need an airbender. If you want a part of your team to really explore the world, an airbender is what you're looking for. They can cope with any terrain since they can literally scooter across it, tornado themselves or just blast themselves miles away.
That makes sense. Idk how useful it would be in factions though, in many cases you build a base and stay there until it gets invaded (if ever).

I guess air spout does serve as teleskoplift tool for bending things that require specific height reach (or of different levels) anywhere where you need to place a block. You can have one shoot airs from above or just patrol the territory. If somebody tries to break/trespass through your other defenses. With spiritual abilities on their way (I hope), it will be possible to scope areas to search for biomes and dungeons nearby in vicinity below of your feet, observe who's attacking your base while not really exposing yourself to threat, exploring an enemy's base to develop an attack strategy. Really airbending is just about being passive than anything else. Using critical thinking than straight aggression the way I see it.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
That makes sense. Idk how useful it would be in factions though, in many cases you build a base and stay there until it gets invaded (if ever).
If you ever want to start attacking other bases, let your airbender scout the base perhaps. Truth is that in such a faction setting air is just not really useful. A skilled user could be a great asset when fighting though.

ndude5

I guess air spout does serve as teleskoplift tool for bending things that require specific height reach (or of different levels) anywhere where you need to place a block. You can have one shoot airs from above or just patrol the territory. If somebody tries to break/trespass through your other defenses. With spiritual abilities on their way (I hope), it will be possible to scope areas to search for biomes and dungeons nearby in vicinity below of your feet, observe who's attacking your base while not really exposing yourself to threat, exploring an enemy's base to develop an attack strategy. Really airbending is just about being passive than anything else. Using critical thinking than straight aggression the way I see it.
That's true. Spiritual abilities sound promising, and that would be extremely useful for factions. I have seen a version of SpiritualProjection (I think it was an addon), and it was cool, but not what I was hoping for. I was hoping that it would be more useful for reaching out to people who were far away and passing through the ground and things (like it was in the show), but it was more of an ability to attack from what I got out of it. I am hoping for a SpiritualProjection more similar to the default spectator mode in Minecraft.

If you ever want to start attacking other bases, let your airbender scout the base perhaps. Truth is that in such a faction setting air is just not really useful. A skilled user could be a great asset when fighting though.
Yeah. Most things that air could be helpful with don't happen frequently enough for it to be especially useful. I have seen a lot of really good airbenders, so certain players would be helpful in the faction, but it'd be easier to just find a firebender or earthbender who could generally deal more damage with ease.

RemyRemsies

I'm late and I have very little to add, but here's my take on it:
Yeah, they're pretty much only useful for building by airspouting and finding structures by exploring . They're really good for finding End Cities and stuff.
Also, they aren't totally useless for fighting. Jumping while using airsuction can sending any mob into the air, quickly insta-killing them. This is also great for farming mobs which give high exp.
Lastly, this probably won't help you much, but when an airbender airblasts lit tnt, it can fly in the direction they want (i.e into claimed land) basically making them a canon.