• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Transformation

NickC1211

So I was playing as water on an older server that isn’t updated to the current version of projectkorra, and I noticed a few “bugs” with water. You were able to source waterarms from your waterwave and turn another persons water manipulation into a torrent. These bugs have since been removed but it got me thinking that maybe we’re heading in the wrong direction with water.

Water TempBlocks:
My suggestion is that all water blocks should be sourceable even ones being bent. I think the water tempblock system needs a redesign so that those tempblocks can be bent. This would mean that those 2 bugs I mentioned above would become a purposeful part of water.

Imagine:
A player is holding up a surge shield and another water bender comes up and phasechanges it.

A watermanipulation shot by a player is then turned into a torrent and used against them.

A waterbender rides in on a waterwave and uses it to make a surge to push back the opponent

A water bender sources their octopusform to make a waterwave before the water dissipates

Conclusion:
Not only would this make water v.s. water fights more interesting but it could be a step in the right direction in our quest to improve water. We can talk about how this can be achieved and making sure it won’t be op but this is what water needs.

Please tell me if this is unreasonable or even possible.

Last edited:

AndDrew

Good suggestion. I loved being able to source surge from manip. This was extremely hard but very useful.

xNuminousx

I think the concept overall is a good one but this would also worsen the whole "grabbing water from where it doesn't exist" idea. It'd be nice if there was a feature like AvatarState made for water, in where depending on where your source comes from, it affects the size of that ability. Like if you source a torrent from a water block with adjacent sources, then it's a normal torrent. But if you source a torrent from a plant source or a WaterManipulation then the size and range are decreased by a percentage.

And I bring up AvatarState because the way how that was setup is similar to what I'm suggesting. They have a "if they are in avatar state then give new variable definition" thing set up for that. So in theory there could be a "if sourced from plant or other water ability then give new variable definition". Just a thought.

NickC1211

I think the concept overall is a good one but this would also worsen the whole "grabbing water from where it doesn't exist" idea. It'd be nice if there was a feature like AvatarState made for water, in where depending on where your source comes from, it affects the size of that ability. Like if you source a torrent from a water block with adjacent sources, then it's a normal torrent. But if you source a torrent from a plant source or a WaterManipulation then the size and range are decreased by a percentage.

And I bring up AvatarState because the way how that was setup is similar to what I'm suggesting. They have a "if they are in avatar state then give new variable definition" thing set up for that. So in theory there could be a "if sourced from plant or other water ability then give new variable definition". Just a thought.
I mean technically the water does exist and you can already make a torrent out of one water block (basically a watermanip). Like I said it’s not a permanent solution but it’s a step in the right direction until we get the whole amount of water per move thing to together. I see what you are saying tho

Last edited:

NickC1211

i think it would be nice to take control of the flood sent by the enemy and throw him back but it is possible to check after the enemy's torrent has entered a certain zone. { contorlenemytorrentradius: 2 }

Use : [look at the enemy torrent] > Hold Shift > use torrent
I think it is possible but if this is implemented a player could just make a surge shield out of the torrent before it hits them but you’d have to be quick. Like take a water block from it to use as a source for your shield. Plus ppl have suggested torrent redirection a lot so it’d be less of redirecting and more of transformation.

Last edited:

NickC1211

also I don’t think this would be hard to implement it’d be an if statement
Like if water source is plant then the torrent would be thinner and cause less damage

Last edited:

xNuminousx

I would guess that there'd be a statement in each ability that it applies to. Like torrent would have it but not watermanipulation. Torrent Surge and WaterFlow WaterWave are the only ones I can think of that would need it off the top of my head.

Last edited:

NickC1211

I would guess that there'd be a statement in each ability that it applies to. Like torrent would have it but not watermanipulation. Torrent Surge and WaterFlow are the only ones I can think of that would need it off the top of my head.
Octopus and waterwave probably

NickC1211

they must have a certain cooldown because the fight lasts forever . it 's impossible to hit' cause what you threw is back to you :eek:
That’s not true for one it is extremely hard to grab water before it dissipates or grab a watermanipulation and source it. Second even with this you can still overpower your opponent.

they must have a certain cooldown because the fight lasts forever . it 's impossible to hit' cause what you threw is back to you :eek:
I don't think cooldown is necessary. Sure the fights may last longer, but somebody will eventually get tired or give up and just start evading or enduring the final attack.

By the way, I recall this suggestion was about Watermanipulation doing all the work, but thanks that you changed it up. Felt counter-intuitive whilst simultaniously overpowered because a waterbender could stand on their feet easily by just having watermanip be selected through the whole fight for utilization of various and diversive counters. It wasn't consistent to just have thaw/crash/torrent/ with a simple bind such as watermanip somebodies else hundred of different attacks. It's overcomplicated in a consistent sense and overpowered in one's gameplay.

Last edited:

NickC1211

I don't think cooldown is necessary. Sure the fights may last longer, but somebody will eventually get tired or give up and just start evading or enduring the final attack.

By the way, I recall this suggestion was about Watermanipulation doing all the work, but thanks that you changed it up. Felt counter-intuitive whilst simultaniously overpowered because a waterbender could stand on their feet easily by just having watermanip be selected through the whole fight for utilization of various and diversive counters. It wasn't consistent to just have thaw/crash/torrent/ with a simple bind such as watermanip somebodies else hundred of different attacks. It's overcomplicated in a consistent sense and overpowered in one's gameplay.
Yea I now see why that wouldn’t have worked.

it’s just making it so that all water is bendable which opens up possibilities.
Though it kinda is, though I get your point. I should thought twice before replying.
I guess the equivalent would be making a surge shield out of an incoming torrent
I wouldn't like that. Wouldn't look consistent/appriopiate, since your stopping something at a high speed just to turn in a second into stationary construct.

Last edited:

NickC1211

Though it kinda is, though

I wouldn't like that. Wouldn't look consistent/appriopiate, since your stopping something at a high speed just to turn in a second into stationary construct.
Actually now that I think about it you’re right cus if all water is bendable then you would be able to use waterbubble in that way XD

Sorry, for odd reason I haven't finished typing my first sentence (I'm sure that I tried, but for whatever reason it got erased half way at the end ._. )

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
How do you change the name of a thread again?
I believe that when you click edit there should be a "More Options..." button somewhere in the bottom right hand corner of the popup, then when you're there it should allow you to edit the title.