• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Waterwave rework

xNuminousx

The water version could even be made like the ice version. Both have to be connected to the source, both would have a certain range away from the source they can get. Only difference is that WaterWave would be able to float above the ground (Like Ming Hua did) but Ice Wave has to be connected to the ground (like Katara version). This could be thought of a balance between the two and a way to make them different, since the Ice one would be usable as a source and allow the Waterbender speed on land (when they run on it).

Icewave didn't had to be connected to the ground. Katara proven it in the config.

My proposal (previous reply) is canon enough and makes it different from waterwave.

xNuminousx

Icewave didn't had to be connected to the ground. Katara proven it in the config.

My proposal (previous reply) is canon enough and makes it different from waterwave.
No, it didnt but as I said it'd be served as sort of a "balance" and a way for them to be different. One can be more useful for mobility where the other is more used for utility.

NickC1211

I think both should connect to sources but ice should be less maneuverable than the water. And maybe the water one should like revert after a few seconds and not need to be connected to the source so that way you can chain to the next source and not leave water everywhere

xNuminousx

I think both should connect to sources but ice should be less maneuverable than the water. And maybe the water one should like revert after a few seconds and not need to be connected to the source so that way you can chain to the next source and not leave water everywhere
Water reverting is a must for many water abilities.

Well I would really want icewave to be a combo that doesn't freeze your opponents, but something that would give an advantage over #idk. Though that's just me.

xNuminousx

Well I would really want icewave to be a combo that doesn't freeze your opponents, but something that would give an advantage over #idk.
Freezing opponents like it does currently is gross. If they use the in-game example I gave, it could just trap a players feet in the ice. Give them extreme slowness while they're on the ice (if hit by it) to resemble them "breaking their feet free".

NickC1211

Freezing opponents like it does currently is gross. If they use the in-game example I gave, it could just trap a players feet in the ice. Give them extreme slowness while they're on the ice (if hit by it) to resemble them "breaking their feet free".
I think it could just trap the lower half of the player and they have to break the ice to get free or use phasechange

NickC1211

Water reverting is a must for many water abilities.
But like you know how we were talking about the ice one sticking around for a second to be used as a source I think the water one should like revert while the player is moving instead of after the wave is finished

xNuminousx

I think it could just trap the lower half of the player and they have to break the ice to get free or use phasechange
It instead of creating ice that isn't there (like it currently does) it just gives them slowness if they are touched. If they're touched then they're already in the ice somehow so we don't need to create more.

xNuminousx

But like you know how we were talking about the ice one sticking around for a second to be used as a source I think the water one should like revert while the player is moving instead of after the wave is finished
Yea and that's what I thought was implied when I said the ice would be mostly for utility where water is for mobility o_O oops

Also a few suggestions to consider (especally #1 and maybe #2, whilst #3 was not ago suggested): http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/waterwave-improvements.477/

Also, #1 gave me an idea, which not necessary applied to waterwave only. I'm thinking when you're using waterwave, the bending preview (and If in the future - bending board also happens to be apart of CORE) could indentify as waterwave or waterride (if we gonna rename it as such). Same would apply when you use "torrent wave" or "torrent blast", "water/ice shield" or "wave" - surge. That also onto elements.

NickC1211

Also a few suggestions to consider (especally #1 and maybe #2, whilst #3 was not ago suggested): http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/waterwave-improvements.477/

Also, #1 gave me an idea, which not necessary applied to waterwave only. I'm thinking when you're using waterwave, the bending preview (and If in the future - bending board also happens to be apart of CORE) could indentify as waterwave or waterride (if we gonna rename it as such). Same would apply when you use "torrent wave" or "torrent blast", "water/ice shield" or "wave" - surge. That also onto elements.
3 is a great idea like the if one water continue it

NickC1211

This is my interpretation of what the ice wave could look like. Notice how it scales up the blocks and connects to the water source. The waterbender can then use this as a source of speed AND use the ice as a water source as I show in the gif. Also, notice how the "slide" curves towards the end, representing the use who bended this moved their mouse making it change direction.

View attachment 2982
I know the gif isn't the best but you get the idea.
You mind if I put these in the original suggestion?

Davyn

I like this, it's like other waterbending binds. You shift and the water goes to you, and I'm assuming that's what you're thinking. So maybe the water goes to you and lifts you up and wherever you want to go? Fassinating!