• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion "Knock out"

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
While the titled concept isn't something exclusive and iconic just to the show, though I think it would be nice little rpg-ish thing which I'm fairly sure it was cliched more than once in the avatar universe and in general with action cartoons. Here are a few examples:

... said:
However, as the sun rises, Zuko's firebending strength increases, and he manages to melt his way out of Katara's trap and overpowers her, rendering her unconscious by throwing her against a gate post with a fire blast. Standing over her motionless form, he notes that while she rises with the moon, he draws strength from the sun, before taking Aang's body and escaping from the oasis.
... said:
Korra faints as Amon jabs Korra on her shoulder.
... said:
Tarrlok, foregoing all pretenses, knocks out everyone through bloodbending and makes his escape.
Now, what the "knock out" term stand for? It's basically blowing wind out of someone; forcing them to go 'unconscious'. Now, to represent the idea of putting the target to sleep, the target after fainting would then teleport into the void while leaving their doppelganger behind where they passed out (to add dramatic effect: they could be sitting or lying down of the floor 'unconcious'). The Victim will awake once (s)he dies by the void (though the chat&game shouldn't interpet it as an fatal event) .

To make it balanced and conformable, the doppleganger should be immune to the enviroment outside (can't be injured or knockback vulnerable).

This could be achieved through the following ways:
  • Wall Damage.
  • Chi blocking
  • Blood bending.
Wall Damage
When a player experence velocity damage (which usually occurs from a knockback move hit), (s)he should have 80% chance of becoming knocked out. The remaining percantage is of course determines the likelyhood to not tumble unconscious.

Black out
A Chi Blocker with this ability bound, can render a target ,that they're very close to (1 block away or in physical contact), unconscious (duh!). Like how blocking one's chi, this could be balanced in a way without being 100% succesfull: whilst warriorstance is toggled, it should increase the odds of the probability.

BloodSlumber (horrible name I know ;__; )
You'll have to charge this ability via sneak for some time until all or random opponents get swooned. The Duration is random per target (one can pass out early, while another would take 7 seconds, two other just only 4 sec, ect.). This Bloodbending ability will only affect players that approach its/your radius during the activation moment, so If anyone walks in after and not before you sneaked, they won't be affected. Also, this will also render them immobile/paralyzed. However, there are these drawbacks/downfalls: long cooldown, target amount limit, and can easily be nulified when the user gets harmed physically.

And of course, this concept could only applied to certain areas/locations/worlds/ect. by giving the option for server owners to choose (how weird and annoying it would be, If this was active in arenas?).

xNuminousx

Verified Member
the target after fainting would then teleport into the void while leaving their doppelganger behind where they passed out
Rather than teleporting them to the void (which I see being glitchy) I'd propose the actual player is given Blindness and Invisibility (As well as not having the ability to move) and then since there invisible, their doppelgänger can lay beneth them at their feet. They become able to move and their doppelgänger disappears when the potion effects wear off.

EDIT
Plugins like Disguise plugins will have their players disappear and create a mimic character there in their place, I think the same invisibility tactic should be used here. However, I do fear that creating another character would make Pk require another plugin on the server (For example, some disguise plugins require you to have Protocol Lib to function).

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Rather than teleporting them to the void (which I see being glitchy) I'd propose the actual player is given Blindness and Invisibility (As well as not having the ability to move) and then since there invisible, their doppelgänger can lay beneth them at their feet. They become able to move and their doppelgänger disappears when the potion effects wear off.

EDIT
Plugins like Disguise plugins will have their players disappear and create a mimic character there in their place, I think the same invisibility tactic should be used here. However, I do fear that creating another character would make Pk require another plugin on the server (For example, some disguise plugins require you to have Protocol Lib to function).
Well with Blidness you can still a see a bit of the fogged up POV, so that's why I suggested void over blindless.

Regardless, If we do have those effects replace the void, add the "Wither" status along with them just to represent the 'unconsciousness' duration.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Well with Blidness you can still a see a bit of the fogged up POV, so that's why I suggested void over blindless.

Regardless, If we do have those effects replace the void, add the "Wither" status along with them just to represent the 'unconsciousness' duration.
Can't you change the amount of blindness? Maybe blindness with nausea? So that you aren't TOTALLY knocked out (As they never truly were in the show (sometimes)) but you were disoriented?...

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Can't you change the amount of blindness? Maybe blindness with nausea? So that you aren't TOTALLY knocked out (As they never truly were in the show (sometimes)) but you were disoriented?...
You can't levels to blindness. Why nausea though? How is it gonna help?

The Quotes were KNOCKED out.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It also doesn't make you completely blind.... It's the closest thing we can relate to in Minecraft. Sometimes you gotta improvise.
It doesn't, but they don't have their width open when they faint, right? Applying void is the closest to having your eye shout.

My thread is about the "fainting/passing out" mechanic, not disorentation. Those two are completely two different things.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
It doesn't, but they don't have their width open when they faint, right? Applying void is the closest to having your eye shout.
Well they don't faint EVERY time... For Wall Damage maybe it should be a distance thing. The longer they flew the harder the impact. A 5 block impact would be nausea, a 10 block impact would be blindness plus nausea, a 15+ block impact would be a knock out DING DING DING!
My thread is about the "fainting/passing out" mechanic, not disorentation. Those two are completely two different things.
I think there could be more diversity in this suggestion since they don't pass out EVERY single time, as I said. They get disoriented and weak more than they actually pass out from it. If they passed out more often, the fight would be over which means the action and the climax of that scene would be over with.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well they don't faint EVERY time... For Wall Damage maybe it should be a distance thing. The longer they flew the harder the impact. A 5 block impact would be nausea, a 10 block impact would be blindness plus nausea, a 15+ block impact would be a knock out DING DING DING!
True. Well I did add the percentage thing.
I think there could be more diversity in this suggestion since they don't pass out EVERY single time, as I said. They get disoriented and weak more than they actually pass out from it. If they passed out more often, the fight would be over which means the action and the climax of that scene would be over with.
But I added percentages. I added this for RPG because it suppose be used in survival/wilderness rather than in duel rings, arenas.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Could you provide an example of where they would be forced to faint in survival? Other than accidentally falling off of a cliff I can't think of one....
Like you know? Outside of the arena. It shouldn't happen by "accident", because then the mechanic wouldn't be bending related no more :/

I do wish somebody from the minecraft community created this, so that PK could incorperate this with its combat usage.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Like you know? Outside of the arena. It shouldn't happen by "accident", because then the mechanic wouldn't be bending related no more :/

I do wish somebody from the minecraft community created this, so that PK could incorperate this with its combat usage.
Yea I know but where would you face a situation where you'd faint other than starvation and falling?