• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

RPG suggestions needed!

Loony

Hey guys!

We're starting to make plans for RPG and we're looking for community suggestions/input to make the plugin better as a whole. The direction we're wanting to take RPG is so that it not only caters to the bending / RPG servers out there but make a server and bending completely different if they install RPG. It should feel like a completely different experience than normal bending.

Concept Designers and I will be reading all your suggestions to try and implement them into our plans.
That's all!
~ Loony

Sshawarma

This is one of the PK plugins that i feel has the most potential and will be the most fun to use. However, i have no ideas right now...lol. Maybe
@Meskenas-Chi_Blokeris will have a ton of ideas.

Bumbullbee

I have a few suggestions:
1.) Each move can drain a configurable amount of stamina/hunger

2.) A system which could claim territory for a nation/city that works with the plugin
(Similar to Factions, Towny, or anything of the like but more bending-friendly)

3.) A bending level system that makes it to where the more you use an element the higher level you get, increasing the damage you do by a configurable amount, decreasing cooldown by a configurable percent, gaining a configurable amount of skillpoints, and more.
(The elements would all be seperate from eachother and have different levels. Giving people with multiple elements a reason to use both equally)

4.) Ability to use scrolls/visit bending masters to be able to learn new moves using bending skillpoints

5.) Having mobs that could use bending/wandering npcs that can bend
(Could work with citizens and such)

6.) A whole set of new foods that come from the show, all with configurable properties such as saturation, hunger fill, and effects
(Would also be great if default foods were able to be edited as well)

7.) This one's a long shot, but maybe give a set chance that the sub element will be assigned after an amount of time
(For example a player would join and be assigned earth, they play on the server and after a while (a time to time set in the config) the sub element that was assigned to them at the beginning by chance (lavabending) would kick in, giving them the ability(s) that come with that sub-element)
TLDR: After being assigned a sub element on join have it to where it doesn't work until a certain amount of time has passed while playing on the server, the player would be unaware of the sub-element until the time is up

I know most of these are over-complicated but I think they'd add a little more depth, if I need to explain more just say so, I know I can be a little vague ._.

Last edited:

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I have a few suggestions:
1.) Maybe a configurable percent chance of an element to be assigned to a player on first join (Including chi)

2.) A configurable percent chance for said element to come with sub elements
(Ex: Earth has a low chance of being capable of lava bending, fire has a low chance of combustion, water has high/max chance for ice and moderate chance for plantbending, etc.)

3.) Each move can drain a configurable amount of stamina/hunger

4.) A system which could claim territory for a nation/city that works with the plugin
(Similar to Factions, Towny, or anything of the like but more bending-friendly)

5.) A bending level system that makes it to where the more you use an element the higher level you get, increasing the damage you do by a configurable amount, decreasing cooldown by a configurable percent, gaining a configurable amount of skillpoints, and more.
(The elements would all be seperate from eachother and have different levels. Giving people with multiple elements a reason to use both equally)

6.) Ability to use scrolls/visit bending masters to be able to learn new moves using bending skillpoints

7.) Have a configurable chance that the comet appears for a configurable amount of time

8.) Having mobs that could use bending/wandering npcs that can bend
(Could work with citizens and such)

9.) A whole set of new foods that come from the show, all with configurable properties such as saturation, hunger fill, and effects
(Would also be great if default foods were able to be edited as well)

10.) This one's a long shot, but maybe give a set chance that the sub element will be assigned after an amount of time
(For example a player would join and be assigned earth, they play on the server and after a while (a time to time set in the config) the sub element that was assigned to them at the beginning by chance (lavabending) would kick in, giving them the ability(s) that come with that sub-element)
TLDR: After being assigned a sub element on join have it to where it doesn't work until a certain amount of time has passed while playing on the server, the player would be unaware of the sub-element until the time is up

I know most of these are over-complicated but I think they'd add a little more depth, if I need to explain more just say so, I know I can be a little vague ._.
I love these suggestions. Would take a lit to implement but heck, it'd be very cool to see!

You got my vote ;)

Sshawarma

If you do add a system where your moves get better as you use them more, maybe also make it so that moves you dont use often/when you dont join the server for a long time become weaker?

This is one of the PK plugins that i feel has the most potential and will be the most fun to use. However, i have no ideas right now...lol. Maybe
@Meskenas-Chi_Blokeris will have a ton of ideas.
[Message before my ban] Yes, I have a ton-- but I won't be suggesting them until all of the suggestions are marked. Seeing as of right now there are still some left there with the lable "Suggestion" left out, and I guess they are simple ignored as by now they would have been already changed into "bending preview" (for if not decided whenever to plan or reject) even though they shift their focus onto rpg as this is what this post is all about. In the past few months ton on my suggestions where ignored, and I can't know if anybody from the team are taking a look at them because, again, no prefix change to "pending preview". I just don't feel like anymore spending my time onto submitting my ideas out there and later on realize I just wasted my time doing and, just to let you know one fact about me - which is that of I'm impatient person :), I'm not gonna wait for a year or an half just to to see my suggestion to see my suggestions getting approval, denial or just checked out with "bending preview" when I instead I would like to see it being done quickly :)

That's my personal standpoint?/approach?/preference? towards this whatcha-call-it. Not sure if this is rant or not.

Please note that above was the remark I had before "Looking into" label was removed.

Now to interpet/recap in present time, I wanna say that CD should really take their job seriously and be still passionate about it if they aren't as of yet (what you're doing as a CD anyway). Yeah, and I know one person is gonna remind me "its volunter work"-- well, if you look it this way, it's equality to working in any other project-type-thing as an applied volunteer to help out the project stand on its feet: Not doing a thing or just working in total TWO DAYS for an over year doesn't seem somehow right 2me. Know what I'm saying? If you know that you are so caught-up with real life stuff and you are certaintly sure how you not gonna particapte in a project within an standard schedule - why not just "retire" for that certain period of time to-do all "I'm not a working machine" stuff, before you can ACTUALLY work on the project you are engaged in. (As an a fitting analogy, You simple don't just go to work without informing your boss that your sick and that you can't go because of that said reason). Trying to excuse yourself by not doing the required job that you are in for, it makes people like me bad about it.

I hope the concept d. department and the team in general doesn't take this as a hate speech. All I am doing is giving my concern that you CD don't know how to do your job or (if you go by some sort of rule document by your department you work in) what I find wrong how your job is set to be worked at, I feel like I have right to speak out my judgement toward that. Peace out my fellow friends :)

Last edited: