• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

How to counteract EarthSmash

Loony

Verified Member
Earth: catch it, raise earth, catapult, earth grab
Water: surge, torrent, fast swim
Air: just dodge it, or air spout up
Fire: FireJet away

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Lol, funny, I know how but dk why I asked. Probably I was looking for alternatives.

None, other than airbursting the earthbender before he launches it, or just spam airswipe
What does airswipe do?
I love how some firebenders are able to blow the boulder when it is being shoot :eek:
Earth: catch it, raise earth, catapult, earth grab
Water: surge, torrent, fast swim
Air: just dodge it, or air spout up
Fire: FireJet away
Don't forget combustion. It seems like air and water can't destroy them. I wonder would earthtunnel work while it's moving.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This may seem a bit unconventional, but my method is to kill them before they even launch it.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Oh, and if you are fighting a person who catapults up to charge it, I use waterbending to make ice where they will land so they take fall damage and die.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
What does airswipe do?
Airswipe the person with the earthsmash.
Don't forget combustion. It seems like air and water can't destroy them. I wonder would earthtunnel work while it's moving.
I think Combustion's ability to damage blocks is turned off by the default config, but some servers might have it different.
I also don't think Earthtunnel would work and it'd be safer catching the boulder.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Would that destroy or stop the boulder?

That's irrelevant, but yeah I do know that tip, Nice way to trick an earthbender into dodging it if you're an avatar in that situation.
it won't stop the boulder, but if you're close enough to airswipe the person, they probably won't be launching the boulder unless they want to be spammed with airswipe. Basically, play offensive.

Loony

Verified Member
Yeah you dodged it, but congrats, you've now wasted your firejet on a move that'll come back up, and be spammed and launched at you in another 3 seconds.
FireJet closer to them and spam all your fire moves? Lol, fire can out DPS earth easily