• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WaterBending Retweek

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I find it preposterous that waterbenders can't bend flowing water when they should, because I don't have to say the explanation why. Now you can call me a Grandpa or Caveman, because I live under the know and recently I didn't keep the track over each beta of 1.8.0 and what changes/additions it added, so I'm not sure if this complain of mine was resolved in one of them.

PhaseChange isn't the solution
First of, last time ,if I remember it not mistakenly, there was a thread about the issue not bending flowing water when its just smaller in layer and was rejected because of the gave reason along these lines that "you can freeze it and than bend - problems soled". That's not of a good excuse, cuz some servers might have icebending/phasechane disable. While it is highly unlike that there is a server that has it disable, but still there might be one. It's not even reasonable in my opinion to freeze it, I think anyone should be able to bend it right off the bat without changing its state.

WaterFalls
Allow them to be selected as a watersource.

[More to come in the next day]

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
It isn't complete / wasn't added in beta 10.
I agree, we should allow flowing water to be used as a water source. Looking into.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I agree with the waterfall thing. You should be able to bend from waterfalls, but I still don't think a thin layer of water that is like 1/8 of a block should be able to be used as a source. Just my opinion though :p

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
How about maybe a way that if it is 1/8 of a block, what is being bent is 1/8 a block. And if they're doing water spout, not make it as high, or disable it entirely.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Uhm. That's what I'm saying, but with the 1/8th of a block example...

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
No, you said if that it all depends by the width of the block, while I say how many bocks cover the flooded area.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
You mean the height of the block? The width of a block is the same as the length of a block since it is a perfect square or cube if you count an actual block like stone. But anyways, it should be dependent on how much of the block there is. You can't just create more water. That's not realistic. That is the Enhancer ability from Hunter X Hunter, not A:TLA and A:LOK. It's not cannon that you just make water. Now if it were a corner from the actual source, and it has blocks underneath it, that I can agree upon, but not from like 1/8th of a block of water.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I mean the size of the puddle. If there is let say 7x7 flood near the presence of the water, he or she of coursse can use it for normal size surge launch/shield is what I'm saying.

The whole idea about "using one plant block to launch humongous wves and other full size constructs" would have to be scratch first before (imo of course we go straight adjusting you're version after the release of flood&waterfallbending).

Status
Not open for further replies.