• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Last-Resort Waterbending Harming Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedEons

Verified Member
Imagine you are a waterbender, in a dry, salty land, no water or even moisture to bend.
An airbender shows up and holds suffocate on you, you can't do anything, you're powerless in that situation.
You might as well stop doing anything with no one to help you and let yourself die without struggle.

We need to change this, the following suggestion will be a strange move to add, but would also balance out the game fairly.
This is the move :

AcidBlast :
Detailed Description :"AcidBlast allows the waterbender to fire a bullet of acid from their stomachs as a last resort to counter an airbenders' suffocation, however, such a move comes with a risk of hurting the bender and affecting them with nausea. This move will not work if there isn't an airbender using suffocate on them"
Config :
Damage : 3
Cooldown : 1000
SelfHurtDamage : 1
Range : 13
NauseaDuration : 2 Seconds

I get that when one is suffocated, they cannot bend bigger moves, thus this suggestion releases a tiny bullet of acid instead of a constant stream, if the waterbender does have water around them, they would definetely choose to use that water considering this move gives them nausea and hurts them.

Hero

Verified Member
This has the name of the non-elemental move in FF 13 that is called upon by Hope. It looks like the Holy spell....creative...

Hero

Verified Member
Imagine you are a waterbender, in a dry, salty land, no water or even moisture to bend.
An airbender shows up and holds suffocate on you, you can't do anything, you're powerless in that situation.
You might as well stop doing anything with no one to help you and let yourself die without struggle.

We need to change this, the following suggestion will be a strange move to add, but would also balance out the game fairly.
This is the move :

AcidBlast :
Detailed Description :"AcidBlast allows the waterbender to fire a bullet of acid from their stomachs as a last resort to counter an airbenders' suffocation, however, such a move comes with a risk of hurting the bender and affecting them with nausea. This move will not work if there isn't an airbender using suffocate on them"
Config :

I get that when one is suffocated, they cannot bend bigger moves, thus this suggestion releases a tiny bullet of acid instead of a constant stream, if the waterbender does have water around them, they would definetely choose to use that water considering this move gives them nausea and hurts them.
Oh and do you know how strong stomach acid is? If we didnt have a mucus lining in our stomach, it would eat itself.

Oh and there isnt water in stomach acid. Water actually suppresses stomach acid reflexes faster than most drugs. This whole move is wrong in science and common sense.

HydroMan

Verified Member

This is the move :

AcidBlast :
Config :

WTF xDDDDDDD

HydroMan

Verified Member
I actually didn't even laugh but only grin, but I think this seriously is hilarious.

So you wanna balance this weakness of waterbender fightning in a desert with the lack of watersources? Ummmh, have you tried... like,carrying waterbottles? Or even buckets.

Sorry to say this, but your ideas sounds like of a suggestions for firebenders to shoot magma from their feet, earthbenders to materialised a rock from thin air, and an airbender to shoot stinkbomb from their third eye. Bending isn't that all magical and less sensable.

Now, if you could explain how this concept would work outside of the game. Where does the acid come from? Does the process of making it involves the work of waterbending. How does the acid doesn't dissolve the users stomach?

It seems unlogical for me, not that I understand the standarts of how acid works, but I really doubt a waterbender would manage to spit acid out of their stomach.

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
Before reading the part "AcidBlast: ", at first I thought this would be about bending water from the air that has moisture, but it wasn't.
When I saw this move for waterbenders called Last Resort, I thought it would involve bloodbending and ripping water our of you to do damage to others....I was wrong....

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
When I saw this move for waterbenders called Last Resort, I thought it would involve bloodbending and ripping water our of you to do damage to others....I was wrong....
Well.. it involves a little bit of ripping I guess? I guess... Never mind, I'd just be fooling you.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Imagine, someon making a gorisim addon like this xD

Hero

Verified Member
Well.. it involves a little bit of ripping I guess? I guess... Never mind, I'd just be fooling you.
Yeah. I wouldnt mind the idea of using your own blood (or theirs)....ripping stomach acid, an acid that doesn't have any water and is actually suppressed by water is WAY over the top.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
This is bloodbending technically and also suffocate isn't as easy to perform as you think. Unless, you'd allow a airbender to suffocate you. Honestly, if you don't want be suffocated then even a noob fighting back could avoid being suffocated.

Status
Not open for further replies.