• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Waterbending: Water origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Now as we all know, waterbenders can be hard especially with sources. Now, we have a new dynamic of waterbending sources. Yet, there are still complaints about Water Camping and Spamming. Yes, it can get messy quick. Now, I have something that could change this perspective.

As we all saw Kuvira was able to metalbend from 3 sources. I totally support this. It would be great for waterbenders to be able to move around with water. Now I know BottleBending exists, but even so, there are still complications and this will totally nerf and override the use of bottlebending. Now water sources are complicated because you need to use plants, bottles, or even lakes that are kinda hard to fight in.

Well what if waterbenders can use their sources over and over again? Now, I know many people like the idea of Water Reuse where you can reuse water like Torrent to Octopusform and vice-versa. I agree, water doesn't disappear out of no where. Waterbending could also use mobility moves themselves not mobility moves that move the player but move with the player. You know sources, you click and if you go further from the source then perform the move, the water just comes to you and starts the move.

Now I am suggesting something very similar to all this. When a waterbender binds Water Origin and shifts at any water source, the source slowly turns into a water blocks and slowly increase height until they are one block higher than the bender's head. If you're still confused, I'll show you the steps:

Step #1: Bind WaterOrigin
Step #2: Find a water source and hold shift on it.2015-08-22_09.46.46.png 2015-08-22_09.46.42.png

Step #3: Keep holding shift until you see the water source turn into Water.
2015-08-22_09.49.30.png
2015-08-22_09.49.41.png

Step #4: Release Shift
2015-08-22_09.52.56.png 2015-08-22_09.58.17.png
2015-08-22_09.58.55.png 2015-08-22_10.01.07.png

Step #5: Waterbend
Note: Once you have the sources complete, you can waterbend like bottlebending.
Note: You get multiple sources depending on your source.
2015-08-22_10.02.42.png
2015-08-22_10.03.09.png

Configuration Of Water Origin:
[Default]
WaterOrigin:
MaximumSources: 3 - Max # of Origins
WaterSources: 3 - # of Origins if water source
PlantSources: 2 - # of Origins if plant source
SnowSources: 1 - # of Origins if snow source
Cooldown: 8000
ChargeTime: 3000 - # of seconds till performable
FollowPlayer: True - The Origins will follow the player as they move
Reuse: True - Reuse Origin after use (comes back like bottlebending)
Reuse#: 1 - Number of reuses

I am still not sure of the name, so if you have a better one in mind, please inform me.
FeedBack is appreciated!

Creds to @HydroMan for suggesting some features!

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
So it is magic water and not waterbending? Do you really wanna make water float without the user control? xD

HydroMan

Verified Member
Here how I would change this... Forget step 4, keep holding shift. Then when the water block splits into two, you can use it like waterbending as long as you hold shift (cuz water can't fly by itself, as it is not MAGIC). If you use torrent-ring/surge-shield/octopusform, the 2 water blocks would then turn into those listed forms. Also I think this would just fit for watermanipulation alternative, as I don't think this isn't worth a new bind.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
So it is magic water and not waterbending? Do you really wanna make water float without the user control? xD
Here how I would change this... Forget step 4, keep holding shift. Then when the water block splits into two, you can use it like waterbending as long as you hold shift (cuz water can't fly by itself, as it is not MAGIC). If you use torrent-ring/surge-shield/octopusform, the 2 water blocks would then turn into those listed forms. Also I think this would just fit for watermanipulation alternative, as I don't think this isn't worth a new bind.

HydroMan

Verified Member
^ She was concentrating, thus the metal did not float by itself. And she still had her arms raised at some bit high.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Still, just because it's floating, doesn't mean your not bending it.
Yes. But making water float by itself without any effort seems ridiculous. Holding shifting should still require to show the bender is constantly focusing and manipulating it. That's the reason we have surge shield, torrent and octopus on needing to hold shift, while your idea makes it go beyond bender limitations.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Yes. But making water float by itself without any effort seems ridiculous. Holding shifting should still require to show the bender is constantly focusing and manipulating it.
That would conflict as if you release shift it will go away. Plus, you can't use torrent in that case because you're already shifting.

HydroMan

Verified Member
That would conflict as if you release shift it will go away. Plus, you can't use torrent in that case because you're already shifting.
Water Manipulation hold shift on a source > Switch to Torrent while still holding shift > Ring already forms. This could also work out with the "water re-using" concept (switch to torrent, then to shield, then to octopus ect.)

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I'm still gonna suggest this as a whole move because the fact that it gives you mobile sources for all of your waterbending.

IceEyes

Verified Member
I really like this idea! Ist better than every other reutalisation move. I think ist cannon too.
And to those People who say ''water can't float without effort'', uh okay? - And whats about earthsmash...?
So water can't float, but a giant boulder can? Sounds redicilous.

Also you say this isnt worth a move? If this would be a move, I wouldnt mind binding it and I am sure i am not the only Person which would. Its the perfect reutalisation move.

If the developers of pk won't do it, please someone else do! We Need this!

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
This seems a bit too unrealistic to the waterbending form... Remember that its keyword is change. Water flows so as the bender. If you will just be there with two or three water bodies floating around you, it would create the same problem that we already have: water sources tend to expire. There is no fluidity, no push and pull, no change, no waterbending on this. I find this unnecessary due to the existance of bottles (which seem more effective than this).

HydroMan

Verified Member
I really like this idea! Ist better than every other reutalisation move. I think ist cannon too.
And to those People who say ''water can't float without effort'', uh okay? - And whats about earthsmash...?
So water can't float, but a giant boulder can? Sounds redicilous.
So who is to blame for a giant boulder? I was? No. I didn't even want for the earthsmash boulder to defy gravity. But do we really need other moves to have this kind aspect?

IceEyes

Verified Member
So who is to blame for a giant boulder? I was? No. I didn't even want for the earthsmash boulder to defy gravity. But do we really need other moves to have this kind aspect?
I never said it is your fault..? Still it does exist, and if u do not like earthsmash Floating you should create a Suggestion about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.