• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Firebenders Using Lightning In Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Currently in Beta 7, firebenders are able to use Lightning is water. Why am I mentioning this?
Because in the show, when was the last time you since someone bending Lightning in water?
Never. Why do you think they don't use Lightning in water? Because they are going to shoot themselves.

You may say that Lightning will just shock them once they shoot it, but they shouldn't be able to shoot it in water much less being able to make Lightning.

Whats the solution? It can go two ways.
Either everytime a firebender tries to use Lightning in water, they will take 2 hearts of damage.
OR, you disable the usage of Lightning when firebenders are in water.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
A player already gets damaged when they use lightning while they are standing in water, so I dont really see the point of this.

Hero

Verified Member
A player already gets damaged when they use lightning while they are standing in water, so I dont really see the point of this.
If they look above the water, they don't get hurt at all. Just a full block with their aim and they will be fine.

HydroMan

Verified Member
There should be a sligth chance for the user to die in water while in use of it (could be applied to the shooted target aswell if it's not to op).

Hero

Verified Member
Why woulf a player get damaged if the lightning doesnt touch the water?
Because in the show, they usually make a full circle of lightning before they shoot. In the game, blue redstone spins around you before you shoot.
And why do you think you never see a firebender shoot lightning IN water?

owlcool

Verified Member
Okay. So now will someone suggest we give firebenders the ability to jump quickly out of water, like mako? That sure is canon. Doesn't make sense why nobody has done it. Firebenders should be able to jump 6 blocks out of water. Should this be the first move I attempt to code?

I would say thats nice, but the very idea of a firebender being able to charge lightning in water is just stupid.
Firebenders should be able to charge lightning in water, they would only get damage from being in the water and shooting lightning. Evidenced by mako jumping out of the water and shooting a lightning blast.

Finally, I am going to put doubt into the very idea of the thread, and say that firebenders can guide lightning through water.

Cha!

HydroMan

Verified Member
Okay. So now will someone suggest we give firebenders the ability to jump quickly out of water, like mako? That sure is canon. Doesn't make sense why nobody has done it. Firebenders should be able to jump 6 blocks out of water. Should this be the first move I attempt to code?

Firebenders should be able to charge lightning in water, they would only get damage from being in the water and shooting lightning. Evidenced by mako jumping out of the water and shooting a lightning blast.

Finally, I am going to put doubt into the very idea of the thread, and say that firebenders can guide lightning through water.

Cha!
Please explain, how it would it be possible for them to charge the lightning in water. I don't get that '_'. From my understanding, they would either won't be able charge or they could charge it but then they would get shocked.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Currently in Beta 7, firebenders are able to use Lightning is water. Why am I mentioning this?
Because in the show, when was the last time you since someone bending Lightning in water?
Never. Why do you think they don't use Lightning in water? Because they are going to shoot themselves.

You may say that Lightning will just shock them once they shoot it, but they shouldn't be able to shoot it in water much less being able to make Lightning.

Whats the solution? It can go two ways.
Either everytime a firebender tries to use Lightning in water, they will take 2 hearts of damage.
OR, you disable the usage of Lightning when firebenders are in water.
I liKe ThIs, AnD tHe DaMaGe WaY ApPeAlS tO mE mOrE

Status
Not open for further replies.