• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied WaterSpring (Used only by waterbottles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Well. I see the need for this move, water's main weakness being a lack of mobility. I think the move poses a possible answer to this issue, but I see two main issues.

1. The move would have too few uses aside from getting out of a tight spot such as EarthGrab
2. It would require bottle bending to use, and thus would require items, and a large portion of people who use bending use it in a PVP arena where this isn't possible.

Side note: making WaterWave bottlebendable wouldn't be wise because then people could spam it and basically fly.

HydroMan

Verified Member
2. It would require bottle bending to use, and thus would require items, and a large portion of people who use bending use it in a PVP arena where this isn't possible.

Side note: making WaterWave bottlebendable wouldn't be wise because then people could spam it and basically fly.
Well i would say thats not a really issue, as why would we then have bottlebending for... Its for using it. On the arena i have been ,most of them include bottles for waterbenders to take with them..

You have a very good point why waterwave shouldn't be possible though.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Well i would say thats not a really issue, as why would we then have bottlebending for... Its for using it. On the arena i have been ,most of them include bottles for waterbenders to take with them..

You have a very good point why waterwave shouldn't be possible though.
Okay but issue 1 still stands though. It doesn't have many other uses.

paliate

Verified Member
Theres a reason you can't waterwave with bottles, either way this isn't a swell idea.
Either way i've never seen a waterbender "spring" up with a bottle?

(going to wait for a response before i mark it)

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Theres a reason you can't waterwave with bottles, either way this isn't a swell idea.
Either way i've never seen a waterbender "spring" up with a bottle?

(going to wait for a response before i mark it)
oh I have.
Using bottlebending to get yourself out of something or to jump over something is canon. I suck at making GIfs, but there is an episode where katara makes a little sort of bridge with the water in her bottle, which she uses to jemp, and then the uses the water to push of the earthbenders.

paliate

Verified Member
I believe she used the water from the river for the bridge and the water from her bottle to attack them, (could be wrong but i haven't seen a gif yet, nor do i recall exactly what source she used)

Hero

Verified Member
I believe she used the water from the river for the bridge and the water from her bottle to attack them, (could be wrong but i haven't seen a gif yet, nor do i recall exactly what source she used)
Nope, I know what hes talking about.

She takes water from her water bottle and makes a ramp of ice, then she uses her leg to grab water from the river and use water whip with her legs.

BOOM! ITS CANON. NOW LETS MAKE THIS?! @finnbon, I gotz you...

HydroMan

Verified Member
Nope, I know what hes talking about.

She takes water from her water bottle and makes a ramp of ice, then she uses her leg to grab water from the river and use water whip with her legs.

BOOM! ITS CANON. NOW LETS MAKE THIS?! @finnbon, I gotz you...
Not that its the same, as my idea was about water to spring once its fully charge ,but the aspect of a mobility move being bottlebendable

HydroMan

Verified Member
Also, Katara was runnung and shs had free space to move her arms... This idea takes as base that you are stuck in a m^2 hole
You don't necesarry need to run to make an ice ramp construct. Katara was in a hurry situation as there was a battle with the warrios/guards as she didn't had the time to stay in place. And we are talking about waterspring ,not iceramp ,so we arent sure what kind of physical movement she would use for that, so we can't really limit the space as we don't know if she needs freespace to strech her arms or smth or not.

Hero

Verified Member
You don't necesarry need to run to make an ice ramp construct. Katara was in a hurry situation as there was a battle with the warrios/guards as she didn't had the time to stay in place. And we are talking about waterspring ,not iceramp ,so we arent sure what kind of physical movement she would use for that, so we can't really limit the space as we don't know if she needs freespace to strech her arms or smth or not.
Then why dont we just make this suggestion about an ice ramp. Much easier than explaining what you are trying to do...

Hero

Verified Member

Couldn't this easily suggest that she used some of the river's water? I mean the ramp is obviously using more water then what can be contained in that small bottle.
Look at that alittle bit closer. In the gif I gave you, it clearly shows that its an ice ramp from her bottle....

Status
Not open for further replies.