• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied WaterSpring (Used only by waterbottles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
In Occasion where a waterbender is trapped in any hole or by an "earthgrab" ,(s)he becomes fried by any lava move spammed beneat him. This gets annoyed ,as where using an opportunity with waterbottles to escape out of the trap you pretty much cant. What i suggest a move that would allow you to hop a few blocks high (6 blocks default in configuration) with only of the use of waterbottles. How would this is happen ,is a waterbending holding 2 waterbottles with the binded move (named by the thread's title) selected he see would hold sneak. The Water would then come out of the bottle and move to the players chest, then switch down to the feet. A fountain would be formed into a plus (+) sign form. Like so:

The Player needs to hold sneak untill (s)he sees bubble particles coming from the water that is being bent. This means that the spring is fully charge and the player needs to release the sneak key. After the release, a columm simliar to water spout will raise from the players feet and would stop until it reaches the height limit ,while lifting the player along and hoping him at the end of the collumb,towards the direction (s)he's facing. The Water would then vanish after stoping. This move would also work in 1x1 block width space area. :)

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
I don't think this should be a move by itself.
The only time I can see this being used is in the situation with an Earthbender. Also, if you have bottles you can fight back or use surge to cool the lava.

Although, I do think this move could be an addon to water wave. Where you can use it with bottles but it's much weaker, and maybe require two bottles to use. Maybe you should focus on that.

~Loony

promancer

Verified Member
So basically, its the ability to use waterspout even when there is not water? It doesnt even have a cooldown. (I am a waterbender).

HydroMan

Verified Member
This is why i think WaterWave should be bottle bendable.
Agreed.
So basically, its the ability to use waterspout even when there is not water? It doesnt even have a cooldown. (I am a waterbender).
It would look like a waterspout ,but you have no control it, as it raises it 6 blocks higher, then launches you towards where you are looking then vanishes afterwards. I don't think it needs cooldown, as it isnt spammable due to the long charge time.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I think that this is a little too op... o.o In the sense that not even 6 deep blocks hole can stop a Waterbender... IF there would be a Water source near by, and that water would be pulled into the hole like Katara (Kya) did in the pilot episode, I would accept it. But using the WaterBottles? Oh well... Prove me that this makes sense and I will go with it :3 At the moment, I can get out of holes like in these situations with a Torrent bug that was already reported xD

djmyernos

Verified Member
Let me just ask this, cuz I'm not a usually a waterbender. Is waterwave the thing you do with WaterSpout when you click and hold shift, or is it a move in of itself?

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think that this is a little too op... o.o In the sense that not even 6 deep blocks hole can stop a Waterbender... IF there would be a Water source near by, and that water would be pulled into the hole like Katara (Kya) did in the pilot episode, I would accept it. But using the WaterBottles? Oh well... Prove me that this makes sense and I will go with it :3 At the moment, I can get out of holes like in these situations with a Torrent bug that was already reported xD
Go watch the episode where she created a water ramp with waterbottles on her way with the team. I know it's not the excact thing she did as i explain the move ,but it has a similar concept of a mobility way with waterbottles. The reason I want this as how dumb it is being trap in a hole and not be able to do anything to escape ,when the only source is left is 2 bottles. In the show they(waterbenders) would obviously atleast try to hop over it ,when they have waterskins in their hand.

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Go watch the episode where she created a water ramp with waterbottles on her way with the team. I know it's not the excact thing she did as i explain the move ,but it has a similar concept of a mobility way with waterbottles. The reason I want this as how dumb it is being trap in a hole and not be able to do anything to escape ,when the only source is left is 2 bottles. In the show they(waterbenders) would obviously atleast try to hop over it ,when they have waterskins in their hand.
I know, but creating a spring?
No, we need something less drastic, but still efficient... Like IceHooks, like Tonraq, or a WaterRope... I like the idea of being able to get out from a hole, but this is too close to Catapult :/

HydroMan

Verified Member
I know, but creating a spring?
No, we need something less drastic, but still efficient... Like IceHooks, like Tonraq, or a WaterRope... I like the idea of being able to get out from a hole, but this is too close to Catapult :/
I would say firejet and between of those two. WaterSpring would be less faster then catapult, it would be like a speed if waterwave ,but a little tincy bit faster

HydroMan

Verified Member
Let me just ask this, cuz I'm not a usually a waterbender. Is waterwave the thing you do with WaterSpout when you click and hold shift, or is it a move in of itself?
WaterSpout (in a older version, waterwave was as a seperate bind)

djmyernos

Verified Member
Also, couldn't you just use FrostBreath? If your stuck in a hole, just use FrostBreath and then use WaterWave to get out. (FrostBreath is official, right?)

HydroMan

Verified Member
Also, couldn't you just use FrostBreath? If your stuck in a hole, just use FrostBreath and then use WaterWave to get out. (FrostBreath is official, right?)
What if you don't have any near watersource ,how would you then waterwave? Thats why the thread is for, having an ability for the use of waterbottles to get out of (if you haven't notice, you can waterwave with just the use of bottlebending)

HydroMan

Verified Member
What if you don't have any near watersource ,how would you then waterwave? Thats why the thread is for, having an ability for the use of waterbottles to get out of (if you haven't notice, you can waterwave with just the use of bottlebending)
Just made a type there...cant*

Status
Not open for further replies.