• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bottlebending issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loony

Verified Member
I don't think it's OP, at all.
I do worse with bottles to be honest.
You have to wait for the water to come back into your bottles before you can use another move.

I do think while you're waiting for water to come back into your bottle you shouldn't be able to bend from any other water source, because technically you are bending the water back to your bottle.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
You have to wait for the water to come back into your bottles before you can use another move.

I do think while you're waiting for water to come back into your bottle you shouldn't be able to bend from any other water source, because technically you are bending the water back to your bottle.
It would be nice if you could choose if you wanted the bend the water back or not. For example, you use WaterManipulation and it WOULDN'T come back. If you wanted the water to come back you would have to shift in the direction the water was lost and it would start flying in your direction.

6tijn

Verified Member

I think it would be better if that when you select a new source while the water is coming back to you, it disappears. If you're water from your bottle is far away, it sometimes can take very long to get to you, so I think It'd make more sense that you can 'drop' the bottle water and reselect, like we've seen in the show.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think it would be better if that when you select a new source while the water is coming back to you, it disappears. If you're water from your bottle is far away, it sometimes can take very long to get to you, so I think It'd make more sense that you can 'drop' the bottle water and reselect, like we've seen in the show.
your*

Janny

Verified Member
I think with plantbending can be done similar way. I had mention this in some thread that i thought of it that if the wbender wanted to perform a move poperlly without being them nurf while (s)he's surronded with plants ,(s)he must use a plant that is connected to the other in one (vines, sugarcanes, cactuses) ,so that the logic of surging 7x7 with one dead bush would be gone. After all ,the cactus blockS should be break after using a move that consisted alot amount of water (even if you used up the top block of cactus it still should break)
1 word: RIDICULOUS. Are you kidding me?! You want to debuff bottlebending AND plantbending?! You know what this would do? Increase the amount of waterbenders that always watercamp. Do you really want to fight waterbenders on water except if you're water yourself? You are practically taking away the one of the best qualities of waterbending which is being able to defend themselves on land aswell (I SOME ONE OF THE BEST, NOT THE BEST). Waterbenders are NOT always going to fight on land so they have to use one or both: bottlebending and plantbending. And what do you want to do? Nerf it to the point it is useless, which would be stupid as hell. I am not saying this because I like waterbending, but because I will feel sorry for other waterbenders, always having to be around water and getting their asses kicked because of nerfing a great advantage they have, bending and defending themselves on land.

owlcool

Verified Member
Now I have to say, to balance it out water could be made a bit stronger on land with PLANTBENDING :rolleyes:
Well, that could be considered op to some, buuuuut we have already given firebenders combution, however underpowered that move is.
So why not give waterbenders plantbending?

So, my take on this actual post? I read a actual better version of this post and that post would make it so that moves like octopusform could be used from more waterbottles. So that is my take on how to make it more balanced.

HydroMan

Verified Member
1 word: RIDICULOUS. Are you kidding me?! You
1 word: RIDICULOUS. Are you kidding me?! You want to debuff bottlebending AND plantbending?! You know what this would do? Increase the amount of waterbenders that always watercamp. Do you really want to fight waterbenders on water except if you're water yourself? You are practically taking away the one of the best qualities of waterbending which is being able to defend themselves on land aswell (I SOME ONE OF THE BEST, NOT THE BEST). Waterbenders are NOT always going to fight on land so they have to use one or both: bottlebending and plantbending. And what do you want to do? Nerf it to the point it is useless, which would be stupid as hell. I am not saying this because I like waterbending, but because I will feel sorry for other waterbenders, always having to be around water and getting their asses kicked because of nerfing a great advantage they have, bending and defending themselves on land.
want to debuff bottlebending AND plantbending?! You know what this would do? Increase the amount of waterbenders that always watercamp. Do you really want to fight waterbenders on water except if you're water yourself? You are practically taking away the one of the best qualities of waterbending which is being able to defend themselves on land aswell (I SOME ONE OF THE BEST, NOT THE BEST). Waterbenders are NOT always going to fight on land so they have to use one or both: bottlebending and plantbending. And what do you want to do? Nerf it to the point it is useless, which would be stupid as hell. I am not saying this because I like waterbending, but because I will feel sorry for other waterbenders, always having to be around water and getting their asses kicked because of nerfing a great advantage they have, bending and defending themselves on land.
Calm your tits.. This could be still be made as a side plugin to rpg ,or atleast be configurable.And It won't be such a big nerf. They would still able defend themselves, but they would abit weaker. Do you really wanna shoot massive of tsunamies from a tincy incy flower during fullmoon? Would 4x4 height and length would be enough? Yes why not, that would be more abit challenging and realistic. Besides ,as long as they still can bend i believe they wpuld be satisfied with that have. Most benders don't even bother coming towards waters when they are beaing attack ,they would mostly run in where a waterbender would need to chase him if he really desires to catch/kill his feo. If they wanna be stupburn then let them be ,most likely they would need to jump out of their guardpool and enjoy the fun outside when they see others fight. The nerf doesn't have to be a massive ,just as much realism as there are. The changes would still let them beat their opponents like they are normally do. Watermanipulation is already spamme as hell until the changes of it will be made. Torrent could work like a regular one does, but the size of wave would be the same as it torrents/circles around. IceSpike would be as it is.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Calm your tits.. This could be still be made as a side plugin to rpg ,or atleast be configurable.And It won't be such a big nerf. They would still able defend themselves, but they would abit weaker. Do you really wanna shoot massive of tsunamies from a tincy incy flower during fullmoon? Would 4x4 height and length would be enough? Yes why not, that would be more abit challenging and realistic.
There should be some extent of what waterbenders can still do on land though, Like instead of just debuffing plantbending to not use moves like torrent, make the waterbending use up more plants. Plants such as the grass underneath, plants nearby, etc. And even then, you can scale it down a bit with your *Imagination.*
Imagine surge being thinner, etc. The surge would just look better as actual water then as particles in a wave form.

Or, you could use more water bottles instead of the one bottle for torrent, why not 2 or 3?

Last edited:

Janny

Verified Member
Calm your tits.. This could be still be made as a side plugin to rpg ,or atleast be configurable.And It won't be such a big nerf. They would still able defend themselves, but they would abit weaker. Do you really wanna shoot massive of tsunamies from a tincy incy flower during fullmoon? Would 4x4 height and length would be enough? Yes why not, that would be more abit challenging and realistic. Besides ,as long as they still can bend i believe they wpuld be satisfied with that have. Most benders don't even bother coming towards waters when they are beaing attack ,they would mostly run in where a waterbender would need to chase him if he really desires to catch/kill his feo. If they wanna be stupburn then let them be ,most likely they would need to jump out of their guardpool and enjoy the fun outside when they see others fight. The nerf doesn't have to be a massive ,just as much realism as there are. The changes would still let them beat their opponents like they are normally do. Watermanipulation is already spamme as hell until the changes of it will be made. Torrent could work like a regular one does, but the size of wave would be the same as it torrents/circles around. IceSpike would be as it is.
There are 2 things. There is making something canon a realistic, and then there is making it so canon and so realistic that you are nerfing it a TON. Yes being canon and being realistic to the show is important but not to the point you are nerfing the move (I AM NOT SAYING YOU CAN'T NERF MOVES). "Yes why not, that would be more abit challenging and realistic.", its not about making it challenging, this is an advantage that waterbenders have. If you are a waterbender on land, you mainly depend on plants and or bottles. If you nerf that, it would be like nerfing the amount of mobility airbenders have. There are special advantages that all the elements have that if they are nerfed, even if its tiny, it can effect it to the point that it is useless. For examples: Firebenders can use lightning on watercampers. If you nerf it so that lightning on water does less damage or has less of a chance to paralyze, its making it useless. Earthbenders have the power to have earthbendable blocks in their inventory, place them, and earthbend them. If you nerf it so that the amount of earth around you predicts the amount of damage you do with that one earth block, its making it useless. Airbenders have the power to attack people and deal alot of damage without being hit due to how fast they can move both on the ground and air. If you nerf it so that airbenders have some sort of exhaust to shorten their speed, take fall damage, or decrease the amount of knockback airblast does to yourself, it would make it useless. All of this is the same with waterbenders. Waterbenders have the option to take water bottles and or plants into battle in a place that there is no water so they can attack and or defend themselves. If you nerf it so that the amount of plants or bottles you have is the amount of damage and the size of the waterbending move you are doing, it would make it useless. And I like it how you are picking on waterbenders even though there are more OP threats benders can do out there (please do not ask me to list them).

HydroMan

Verified Member
There are 2 things. There is making something canon a realistic, and then there is making it so canon and so realistic that you are nerfing it a TON. Yes being canon and being realistic to the show is important but not to the point you are nerfing the move (I AM NOT SAYING YOU CAN'T NERF MOVES). "Yes why not, that would be more abit challenging and realistic.", its not about making it challenging, this is an advantage that waterbenders have. If you are a waterbender on land, you mainly depend on plants and or bottles. If you nerf that, it would be like nerfing the amount of mobility airbenders have. There are special advantages that all the elements have that if they are nerfed, even if its tiny, it can effect it to the point that it is useless. For examples: Firebenders can use lightning on watercampers. If you nerf it so that lightning on water does less damage or has less of a chance to paralyze, its making it useless. Earthbenders have the power to have earthbendable blocks in their inventory, place them, and earthbend them. If you nerf it so that the amount of earth around you predicts the amount of damage you do with that one earth block, its making it useless. Airbenders have the power to attack people and deal alot of damage without being hit due to how fast they can move both on the ground and air. If you nerf it so that airbenders have some sort of exhaust to shorten their speed, take fall damage, or decrease the amount of knockback airblast does to yourself, it would make it useless. All of this is the same with waterbenders. Waterbenders have the option to take water bottles and or plants into battle in a place that there is no water so they can attack and or defend themselves. If you nerf it so that the amount of plants or bottles you have is the amount of damage and the size of the waterbending move you are doing, it would make it useless. And I like it how you are picking on waterbenders even though there are more OP threats benders can do out there (please do not ask me to list them).
Then make the amout of waterbottles so you could use all the moves you want or get astack of plant, like grass,leafs or cactus and connect them and use them. Get a bucket of water if that doesnt satisfie you, you could then always pour on the ground or make 2x2 infitive source and use the moves from it. I might just aswell add realist to other elements so for the water to be far

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Then make the amout of waterbottles so you could use all the moves you want or get astack of plant, like grass,leafs or cactus and connect them and use them. Get a bucket of water if that doesnt satisfie you, you could then always pour on the ground or make 2x2 infitive source and use the moves from it. I might just aswell add realist to other elements so for the water to be far
At that time, you would be already dead...

HydroMan

Verified Member
At that time, you would be already dead...
Get a shovel then. You then would dig a hole much faster. You can always move in zigzag motion while doing urs things as there less likely to hit you with projectile moves while you countinously move(a hint for chiblockers). If you still have hard time doing it ,just pour water from your bucket onto the surface your standing.

6tijn

Verified Member
Get a shovel then. You then would dig a hole much faster. You can always move in zigzag motion while doing urs things as there less likely to hit you with projectile moves while you countinously move(a hint for chiblockers). If you still have hard time doing it ,just pour water from your bucket onto the surface your standing.
These tactics are most likely not going to be very effective if you battle very good benders.

Status
Not open for further replies.