• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Chi Leap

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Name: Leap
Element: Chi Blocking
Type: Mobility type
Function/Purpose: With this, you will start to leap on the surface on water ,but you will be limited to a few jumps, like four or five, and duration of the move would be very short so you would need it to perform it fast. Do you use it, you simple l-click while floating(staying) above water, then you'll need to go toward (w key by default) and tap space. You then you will begin making a jump/hop in the direction you are looking , making you leap like a frog. You have do this correctly. While you do/finish your first jump, you'll need to quickly tap space again after you land on water do to another jump and continuo with each leap, making you leap like a frog. If you don't tap shift after the leap, you will immetadly fall in water after 0.5 seconds has pass . After the limited amout of leaps(that would be configurable) have been perform, the move would then stop and have a large cool down. And I know you would ask like "Why is this needed?" This would have a very good potentianal of escaping from large pools of water while you can be screwed by benders (especally by water ones) as every other benders could easily get out of water fast (well ,except fire i think). The more jumps/leaps you would do, the more further which each jump you would go
Configuration (by default):
CoolDown (self explanatory): 10min.
Leaps (how many jumps you can perform): 5
Duration (how long does the ability stays activate if no leaps where perform yet): 3sec
Length (how many blocks one leap does ): 4
Further (each leap performed makes you jump 1x more blocks further): true

Last edited:

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Name: Leap
Element: Chi Blocking
Type: Mobility type
Function/Purpose: With this, you will start to leap on the surface on water ,but you will be limited to a few jumps, like four or five, and duration of the move would be very short so you would need it to perform it fast. Do you use it, you simple l-click while floating(staying) above water, then you'll need to go toward (w key by default) and tap space. You then you will begin making a jump/hop in the direction you are looking , making you leap like a frog. You have do this correctly. While you do/finish your first jump, you'll need to quickly tap space again after you land on water do to another jump and continuo with each leap, making you leap like a frog. If you don't tap shift after the leap, you will immetadly fall in water after 0.5 seconds has pass . After the limited amout of leaps(that would be configurable) have been perform, the move would then stop and have a large cool down. And I know you would ask like "Why is this needed?" This would have a very good potentianal of escaping from large pools of water while you can be screwed by benders (especally by water ones) as every other benders could easily get out of water fast (well ,except fire i think). The more jumps/leaps you would do, the more further which each jump you would go
Configuration (by default):
CoolDown (self explanatory): 10min.
Leaps (how many jumps you can perform): 5
Duration (how long does the ability stays activate if no leaps where perform yet): 3sec
Length (how many blocks one leap does ): 4
Further (each leap performed makes you jump 1x more blocks further): true
Explain how Chi-Blocking enables you to jump on the surface of the water?

HydroMan

Verified Member
But Chi are pretty much screwd when in water ,as they don't have much range moves and they are less likely to meet one in contact near himself.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
But Chi are pretty much screwd when in water ,as they don't have much range moves and they are less likely to meet one in contact near himself.
Then chibkockers should avoid water. Plain and simple.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Screen shot 2015-04-19 at 4.13.00 PM.png
I saw a deleted reply where Hydroman asked me how they could make smokebombs out of thin air. I will explain.
Chi-Blockers in the show often had many items and tools to assist them take down benders, smokebombs being one of those things.
Nobody wanted to code an item crafting thing for smoke bombs in the plugin at the time, so they just made a move that gives Chi-Blockers an infinite amount of them to use. It also makes it easier for Chi-Blockers to have such a tool in bending arenas, rather than having to use a kit or some other system to get said items.

If you want to make it necessary for Chi-Blockers to craft smoke bombs instead of having a move that gives than an infinite amount, you go right ahead and suggest that. But given what your stance appears to be on making things easier for Chi-Blocking, I don't think you'd want to do that.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Firebenders are in the same boat here, and we haven't added a move that allows them to jump on the surface of the water. Just try to avoid water, like Firebenders do.

HydroMan

Verified Member
View attachment 1099
I saw a deleted reply where Hydroman asked me how they could make smokebombs out of thin air. I will explain.
Chi-Blockers in the show often had many items and tools to assist them take down benders, smokebombs being one of those things.
Nobody wanted to code an item crafting thing for smoke bombs in the plugin at the time, so they just made a move that gives Chi-Blockers an infinite amount of them to use. It also makes it easier for Chi-Blockers to have such a tool in bending arenas, rather than having to use a kit or some other system to get said items.

If you want to make it necessary for Chi-Blockers to craft smoke bombs instead of having a move that gives than an infinite amount, you go right ahead and suggest that. But given what your stance appears to be on making things easier for Chi-Blocking, I don't think you'd want to do that.
You asked what it has to do with chi-blocking, so you can obviously see this nothing to do with chi blocking at all as this move doesn't have anything to do with blocking someones chi. This is about with chi blockers mobility and his/hers agility. I intented your question as very dumb one asked ,so i asked the same until i realized what it has to do with chi blockers. Srr that i misunderstood ;p

HydroMan

Verified Member
Firebenders are in the same boat here, and we haven't added a move that allows them to jump on the surface of the water. Just try to avoid water, like Firebenders do.
About that issue for firebenders will be on another talk. It's kinda hard to avoid ,when they keep spamming surge&torrentwave/shockwave ,as they know they ass will be woop by rapidpunch ;/

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
About that issue for firebenders will be on another talk. It's kinda hard to avoid ,when they keep spamming surge&torrentwave/shockwave ,as they know they ass will be woop by rapidpunch ;/
On an unrelated note, is english your first language? I was curious.
You have this odd habit of putting a space, and then the comma, starting the next part of the sentence immediately after the comma without leaving a space there. For example, instead of saying: "I walked the dog, then came home." You say something more like: "I walked the dog ,then came home."

HydroMan

Verified Member
On an unrelated note, is english your first language? I was curious.
You have this odd habit of putting a space, and then the comma, starting the next part of the sentence immediately after the comma without leaving a space there. For example, instead of saying: "I walked the dog, then came home." You say something more like: "I walked the dog ,then came home."
Its not. Lol i didn't realized that i putted comma after the space, as it should be opposite, (<- almost done it again) which i usually put comma first then space. Maybe i only type it that way on internet. Or cuz i'm on the phone :/ But i can be a sure that i don't type it that way

Edit: if you check on my thread very first post, (<---- again -__-) you can see that those commans are place in correct order as you would see

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Its not. Lol i didn't realized that i putted comma after the space, as it should be opposite, (<- almost done it again) which i usually put comma first then space. Maybe i only type it that way on internet. Or cuz i'm on the phone :/ But i can be a sure that i don't type it that way

Edit: if you check on my thread very first post, (<---- again -__-) you can see that those commans are place in correct order as you would see
What is your first Language? I commend you on being confident enough to be on an entirely English forum. My only second language is Spanish, and I don't think I'd ever be able to do that with my limited knowledge. There would be a lot of google translate. A lot.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What is your first Language? I commend you on being confident enough to be on an entirely English forum. My only second language is Spanish, and I don't think I'd ever be able to do that with my limited knowledge. There would be a lot of google translate. A lot.
If he is on this forum, then it's not technically entirely English..

HydroMan

Verified Member
My first Language is Lithuanian ,which you probably haven't heard of. I very rarely use google translate for vocabulary and i'm pretty confident on speaking and understanding english so for on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.