• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Golden Server List?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loony

Verified Member
Hey,
Firstly, Mist buddy, (I know you're reading this you read all my posts ofc), please make a suggestions thread just for the website!<3

It would be kinda sweet if there were a 'Golden Server List' (or some other name for it) for the most respected bending server's. The server's that have had a lot of work put into them, has a nice community, little lag and the staff aren't power abusers.
Maybe you have to get so many recommendations/votes to be on the list?

I only suggest this because it would be nice to see the server's that have put a lot of effort into them get some credit, and you can skip all the badly made server's when looking for a new server.

Thanks,
~Loony

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I think this is to miss the point of the randomized server list. We don't want one server to get more attention than another. If it's badly made, move on to the next; basically natural selection.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
I think this is to miss the point of the randomized server list. We don't want one server to get more attention than another. If it's badly made, move on to the next; basically natural selection.
I know this doesn't have much to do with this, but a lot of the servers on the list have websites that are down and are down themselves. Would it be possible for some of the non active servers to be removed from the list?

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I know this doesn't have much to do with this, but a lot of the servers on the list have websites that are down and are down themselves. Would it be possible for some of the non active servers to be removed from the list?
I just did that last week. I went through every server to ensure only active ones are on the list.

Sketz

Verified Member
Just a suggestion, but I'm not sure that many will like this Idea. Here it is: #ServerOfTheMonth

Mostly for servers that are small z.z, big servers shouldn't count >;c

:p

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
I'll have to deny this suggestion as a whole, simply because it goes against why we have a server list. It is designed to be random. The argument can be made that there are more small servers than large, so hypothetically speaking the small servers should appear at the top more often.

As far as how pruning the server list goes:

Your server is checked every once in a while to ensure the following:
  • It still exists
  • It still has ProjectKorra
It doesn't have to be 'active'. However, if one of those conditions aren't met, we check your website. If you don't have a website / the website is down your server is marked for removal. If your website still mentions Bending, or looks like it has been touched relatively recently, it stays. It's best to play it safe here.

Status
Not open for further replies.