• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

FireJet in the AvatarState

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
As of now, firejet in the AvatarState is toggle-able. That is canon, but they way the toggle works isn't exactly canon. Here is my suggestion:

When you are in firejet in the avatarstate, instead of working like the real firejet, it should be like how a spout works, using the wasd keys to move. The particles would be the flame particles coming from the players feet as they fly. How this would work:
Mobility:
When you press your running key while in firejet, it will make you go faster like regular firejet does, and then 2x fly speed when not pressing the key.
Attack:
While on firejet, you could use moves like earthblast, fireblast, watermanipulation, airblast, airswipe, earthsmash, fireburst, icespike. These are the moves that require the least amount of concentration (imo). This is completely canon because most of us have seen the part where korra bent almost half a mountain while just using her feet to stay in the air.

Janny

Verified Member
As of now, firejet in the AvatarState is toggle-able. That is canon, but they way the toggle works isn't exactly canon. Here is my suggestion:

When you are in firejet in the avatarstate, instead of working like the real firejet, it should be like how a spout works, using the wasd keys to move. The particles would be the flame particles coming from the players feet as they fly. How this would work:
Mobility:
When you press your running key while in firejet, it will make you go faster like regular firejet does, and then 2x fly speed when not pressing the key.
Attack:
While on firejet, you could use moves like earthblast, fireblast, watermanipulation, airblast, airswipe, earthsmash, fireburst, icespike. These are the moves that require the least amount of concentration (imo). This is completely canon because most of us have seen the part where korra bent almost half a mountain while just using her feet to stay in the air.
Actually, this should be an addon to the regular firejet, there are many firebenders in the show who did this. Mind if I make this addon to REGULAR firejet a suggestion?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Actually, this should be an addon to the regular firejet, there are many firebenders in the show who did this. Mind if I make this addon to REGULAR firejet a suggestion?
Go ahead, I just suggested what I saw as canon

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Show me an example when somebody used firejet to hover and also did other types of firebending while not in the Avatar state, and not during Sozin's comet. I need a gif. Because otherwise, it's just going to get denied like the previous incarnations of this idea were.

White Knight's idea actually makes sense because we routinely saw Avatars pulling this off in the Avatar state, but only in the Avatar state. Regular firebenders can't pull this off without a comet.

Janny

Verified Member
Show me an example when somebody used firejet to hover and also did other types of firebending while not in the Avatar state, and not during Sozin's comet. I need a gif. Because otherwise, it's just going to get denied like the previous incarnations of this idea were.

White Knight's idea actually makes sense because we routinely saw Avatars pulling this off in the Avatar state, but only in the Avatar state. Regular firebenders can't pull this off without a comet.
Just because it was done during Sozin's Comet, doesn't mean it cant be done regularly. Hovering with firejet would take a skill and the PK plugin doesn't have a skill system. Sozin's Comet doesn't just randomly give you skill, it boosts your firepower.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Just because it was done during Sozin's Comet, doesn't mean it cant be done regularly. Hovering with firejet would take a skill and the PK plugin doesn't have a skill system. Sozin's Comet doesn't just randomly give you skill, it boosts your firepower.
Well that was kind of my point. I don't think you can suspend yourself in the air for that long like that without boosted levels of firepower.
Nothing in the show proves that it's possible without Sozin's Comet/Avatar State, so I technically have the facts on my side here.

Janny

Verified Member
Well that was kind of my point. I don't think you can suspend yourself in the air for that long like that without boosted levels of firepower.
Nothing in the show proves that it's possible without Sozin's Comet/Avatar State, so I technically have the facts on my side here.
When did I ever say it would be forever?

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
When did I ever say it would be forever?
When I say that long, I mean: That long = more than a few seconds(Which is kind of what firejet hovering implies, like with airspout) And in order to effectively stabilize yourself in a sort of single position like that, there's no point in only being able to do it for a few seconds, which is how firejet usually works in the plugin.

Elias

Verified Member
I'd add that. She is kinda hovering without having do be directional about where the jet is going. The idea is canon and I like it. I approve of hurling mountains and a WASD controlled hovering avatarstate firejet

Also I don't think this was during Sozin's Comet. She was just really aggro

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Also I don't think this was during Sozin's Comet. She was just really aggro
Oh, no, you misunderstand. I completely agree with the main idea, that you should be able to do this in Avatar State.

Janny thinks that regular players should be able to do this, while not in the Avatar State, and not during Sozin's Comet. That's what I disagree with.

Elias

Verified Member
Oh, no, you misunderstand. I completely agree with the main idea, that you should be able to do this in Avatar State.

Janny thinks that regular players should be able to do this, while not in the Avatar State, and not during Sozin's Comet. That's what I disagree with.
Oh that is a bit off. No, Regular players shouldn't be able to do this. Avatarstate enchances the avatars abilities and this is a good rework for it but regular players flying around throwing mountains is a no

Loony

Verified Member
I completely agree. Normal firejet is fine because Firebender's usually just boosted themselves forward with fire and the only time they were able to keep themselves in the air with fire and use other moves where when they had immense power like from the comet, or if they were avatars.

owlcool

Verified Member
I completely agree. Normal firejet is fine because Firebender's usually just boosted themselves forward with fire and the only time they were able to keep themselves in the air with fire and use other moves where when they had immense power like from the comet, or if they were avatars.
You going to suggest a counter buff, bruh?

Janny

Verified Member
You know, I really hate it when people go by what HAS happened instead of what COULD happen. But I'll have to deal with it. I really like this idea but it would be way better if Project Korra had a Skill System. But a skill system would be terrible as new players would get destroyed by older ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.