• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied GlassBending

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmyernos

Verified Member
Here's a suggestion for a new sub-element for EarthBending: GlassBending.

Theoretically, EarthBenders should be able to bend glass, because glass is just superheated sand. GlassBending would have its own set of moves, just like LavaBending and MetalBending. Here are some suggestions for moves.

Smelt-Click at a chunk of sand. That sand block will turn to lava, and then quickly change to glass. If there is sand around it, you can hold shift, and a square of sand around the starting chunk with a radius of 2 (or 3?) chunks will also change to glass over a period of 2-3 seconds. Cooldown = 4 seconds

GlassShards-Shift at a chunk of glass to select it. It will then raise to eye level. Click repeatedly in the direction of your target to launch glass shards. Each shard will do half a heart, and cause the target to "bleed", causing it to take an extra half heart damage every two seconds for as many seconds as shards that hit it. There are eight shards. Example: You shoot all eight shards at the target, but only 5 hit it. The target takes 2.5 hearts damage instantly, and then takes an extra heart damage because it "bleeds". (It loses half a heart every two seconds for 5 seconds since 5 shards hit it. Since it was an odd number, the damage was rounded down) Cooldown = 3-4 seconds

Shatter-Shift at any glass wall (as long as it isn't being used by another EarthBender for a move) to shatter the glass. Anything near it will take damage because of the glass shards. (This is very similar to IceWall). Cooldown = 1 second

EarthBlast should also work on glass. The use of EarthBlast is the same, but when used on glass, the damage is only one heart. However, it causes the target to "bleed" causing it to take half a heart damage every second for 6 seconds. The time does not replenish if another glass chunk hits the target before the 6 seconds are over.

BloodyFeet(Combo)-Smelt(Hold Shift) > GlassShards(Release Shift) > GlassShards(Hold Shift) > GlassShards(Right Click) When finished, a square around the player with a radius of 4 blocks will turn to glass and be covered with glass "shards". Any player or entity caught on the glass will be given Slowness I and take one heart damage for every second they are on the glass.

I know that GlassBending is not cannon, but it would make sense since glass is just superheated sand. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and let me know what you think in the comments! I will be posting more ideas for moves as I think of them, but feel free to suggest some. Thanks!

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Yeah, and with Earth already branching into many sub-elements, this seems to be a mediocre addition, in my opinion.

Janny

Verified Member
What people don't get about earthbending and its sub-elements: JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN MAKE IT CONFIGURABLE TO EARTHBEND IT, DOES NOT MEAN ITS A PART OF EARTHBENDING. If that were the case, then NO ONE would suggestion sub-elements for earth because everyone would just say: "Why add this? It can already be earthbent by configuring it". It absolutely pisses me off when people make suggestions for earth sub-elements and say this. If that were the case all the time, then why not just remove metalbending as it can already be earthbent by configuring it. This suggestion has my 140% full support.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What people don't get about earthbending and its sub-elements: JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN MAKE IT CONFIGURABLE TO EARTHBEND IT, DOES NOT MEAN ITS A PART OF EARTHBENDING. If that were the case, then NO ONE would suggestion sub-elements for earth because everyone would just say: "Why add this? It can already be earthbent by configuring it". It absolutely pisses me off when people make suggestions for earth sub-elements and say this. If that were the case all the time, then why not just remove metalbending as it can already be earthbent by configuring it. This suggestion has my 140% full support.
Well, glassbending wasn't canon so we have no base to the sub-element, best to make it an earthbendable block. If you want it to do some extra damage, put it in the metalbendable list. It really isn't needed for many purposes other than griefing, as many arenas have glass, nor is it easily found in the wild. Also I doubt earthbenders would be able to turn sand into glass. It's too hot of a temperature.

djmyernos

Verified Member
Well, glassbending wasn't canon so we have no base to the sub-element, best to make it an earthbendable block. If you want it to do some extra damage, put it in the metalbendable list. It really isn't needed for many purposes other than griefing, as many arenas have glass, nor is it easily found in the wild. Also I doubt earthbenders would be able to turn sand into glass. It's too hot of a temperature.
Thus why you use lava....

Moonelight

Verified Member
I believe you can already toggle glass bending through configurations. Maybe I'm wrong.
Anyways, my opinion on this?

We have yet to see this be canon, but yes this is theoretically possible. My main point on why I have trouble agreeing with Glass Bending is that we have no idea what the style of bending is for this move. And we have no idea how the glass would move. I doubt Earth benders would be chucking glass in the formation of a big rock at eachother. And broken glass shards could possibly be thrown? Ugh, anyways, the techniques used on this specific sub element & how it works is unknown. I bet most of us thought Lava bending would be like waterbending, until Book 3 of The Legend Of Korra?

So for a short answer, I am Iffy on this sub element.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
It's a last ditch attempt for a sub-element that really isn't necessary, basically.

Janny

Verified Member
Another thing people can't understand: BECAUSE IT WASN'T IN THE SHOW, DOESN'T MEAN IT CAN'T EXIST IN THE PLUGIN. I drives me crazy when I see this in replies: "That's not canon!". Dude, there was only SO much the creators of Avatar could do. Almost ANYTHING is possible with bending, its just that the creators of the show never did it or had space for it. Who says you can't earthbend glass? It was originally made with sand, was it not? Who says you can't metalbend platinum, you can if you are HIGHLY skilled and strong enough with metalbending.

djmyernos

Verified Member
If SandBending is added as a sub-element with it's own moves, then maybe this can be included, since it is sand.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Another thing people can't understand: BECAUSE IT WASN'T IN THE SHOW, DOESN'T MEAN IT CAN'T EXIST IN THE PLUGIN. I drives me crazy when I see this in replies: "That's not canon!". Dude, there was only SO much the creators of Avatar could do. Almost ANYTHING is possible with bending, its just that the creators of the show never did it or had space for it. Who says you can't earthbend glass? It was originally made with sand, was it not? Who says you can't metalbend platinum, you can if you are HIGHLY skilled and strong enough with metalbending.
Okay, I only brought up it not being canon to be able to make the statement that we have no base for the subelement. No idea on the style, no idea what's possible, no direction to go. Best suited for addons where anything can be made. And platinum is too refined to be metalbent. It's a fact.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
The bits of earth are almost non-existent in platinum. There's really no way around that.

Janny

Verified Member
The bits of earth are almost non-existent in platinum. There's really no way around that.
Even if there is a small portion of earth in it, it can be earthbent with the right amount of training and the right amount of skill. But I REALLY don't wan't to talk about this as there is no platinum in minecraft YET. Lets just stick with glassbending.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I would love to see this sub-style implemented, but @MistPhizzle made a list where all of the sub-styles accepted by PK are present. Any others are usually denied. Beyond that, Glassbending was already suggested AND denied.

I can see glassbenders bending glass shards around his body like torrent *w*

Status
Not open for further replies.