• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bottlebending = Risky and Annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketz

Verified Member
Not bottlebending, the fact that you'd go to a place with no water.
I'd just like to point out, that sometimes, if there are not a lot of people, waterbenders kinda "have" to go on land, in order to attack someone.

If the earthbender isn't going to come, then what's the point just sitting in the water?
You'd just be sitting there, not fighting, and waiting, because you have no other sources defending yourself.

Lemme tell you a little story.
One upon a time, I would always bend fire,earth, and air. I sucked so bad at water. I have 4 path ways of waters going through my arena. Some going through the sections of land. I was staying mostly in the water, being smart. Then, the earthbender i was fighting decieded to keep a farther distance where i couldn't reach him. When i got up on land... I was looking for him, didn't see him. Where did he go? Oh, right behind me... what happens? #Lava...

Died with 1 move, 1 shot. After all that pointless time, attacking him, and fighting, he kills me with 1 move just because I went on land. I know that some servers aren't allowing most earthbenders with lava, but that's not really the point. I'm sure you get the idea of it though.

Sketz

Verified Member
What if a player had to Shift/Click at the water block, In order to return the source?

DemonZardian

Verified Member
You want to hear another perspective? You're an earthbender fighting a waterbender. The waterbender takes a hit so backs up in the water where you can't reach him. You jump into the water to fight him..... wait, no you don't. It turns out you're smart enough to not go fight where you can't bend well.

Now that we can see both perspectives, let's look at your possible options. If your server has frostbreath, use it to bend on land, it works wonders. WaterArms? Even better, that'll let you pull the earthbender into water where you have an almost unbelievable advantage. In the case that you only have bottles, you can find easy ways to kill the earthbender, like surgefreezing him, then following up with octopusform. Easy kill. It's more then just assuming that bottles are risky, it's about viewing all possible actions rather then taking a limited view.

Sketz

Verified Member
You want to hear another perspective? You're an earthbender fighting a waterbender. The waterbender takes a hit so backs up in the water where you can't reach him. You jump into the water to fight him..... wait, no you don't. It turns out you're smart enough to not go fight where you can't bend well.

Now that we can see both perspectives, let's look at your possible options. If your server has frostbreath, use it to bend on land, it works wonders. WaterArms? Even better, that'll let you pull the earthbender into water where you have an almost unbelievable advantage. In the case that you only have bottles, you can find easy ways to kill the earthbender, like surgefreezing him, then following up with octopusform. Easy kill. It's more then just assuming that bottles are risky, it's about viewing all possible actions rather then taking a limited view.
or...
orr...

1.) Servers use WaterArms as a WaterChief/Special move *COUGH*
2.) Servers don't allow frost breath, since it's basically like a chi move, not allowing players to bend, and is also for the WaterChief/Special (but not anymore, since i can't remove the permission from default players).
3.) Earthbenders tend to use lava (If you have lava)

Oh, Let's not forget about EarthArmor + EarthArmor+ (If you have it)
Also Lavabenders, (If you have it)

Just my opinions, and ideas. :p

jedk1

(but not anymore, since i can't remove the permission from default players).
.... did i not explain myself well enough yesterday? do /mangaddp default -bending.ability.FrostBreath

anyway as for the rest of the topic... the risk of losing water makes it better surely. i mean, if you want to tell me you could create a massive surge from a bottle and then get every drop back... then sure...

tbh idek if you can surge from bottles. idk how to bend

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
or...
orr...

1.) Servers use WaterArms as a WaterChief/Special move *COUGH*
2.) Servers don't allow frost breath, since it's basically like a chi move, not allowing players to bend, and is also for the WaterChief/Special (but not anymore, since i can't remove the permission from default players).
3.) Earthbenders tend to use lava (If you have lava)

Oh, Let's not forget about EarthArmor + EarthArmor+ (If you have it)
Also Lavabenders, (If you have it)

Just my opinions, and ideas. :p
Same thing for the moves you said, lava isn't usually just given. It's for someone of a certain rank.

Janny

Verified Member
Let me make something clear: WATERBENDERS SHOULD NOT BE MOST OF THE TIME DEPENDANT ON ACTUAL PHYSICAL WATER. No one but another waterbender will wanna fight you if you do nothing but camp at water with a waterspout. If you learn how to bend outside of water as good as you can inside water, you would be an amazing waterbender. Now you might think, ITS CALLED "WATER"BENDING FOR A REASON, so? I want every waterbender on this forum to do me a favor, go to the arena and have a few battles only being able to use plants and or bottles. If you keep training this, and do it better then you can actually waterbend, benders all over the server will be terrified of you.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Let me make something clear: WATERBENDERS SHOULD NOT BE MOST OF THE TIME DEPENDANT ON ACTUAL PHYSICAL WATER. No one but another waterbender will wanna fight you if you do nothing but camp at water with a waterspout. If you learn how to bend outside of water as good as you can inside water, you would be an amazing waterbender. Now you might think, ITS CALLED "WATER"BENDING FOR A REASON, so? I want every waterbender on this forum to do me a favor, go to the arena and have a few battles only being able to use plants and or bottles. If you keep training this, and do it better then you can actually waterbend, benders all over the server will be terrified of you.
I used to always go on land with waterbending. Plants are really easy to come by.

Also water is physical. There is the liquid form, water. Solid form, ice. Gas form, water vapor. There isn't a non physical form of water. :p

Janny

Verified Member
I used to always go on land with waterbending. Plants are really easy to come by.

Also water is physical. There is the liquid form, water. Solid form, ice. Gas form, water vapor. There isn't a non physical form of water. :p
I knew someobe wod say this, I meant water that is in its purest form as actual water and not in plants or bottles. Waterbenders shouldn't be too dependant on such a source.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I knew someobe wod say this, I meant water that is in its purest form as actual water and not in plants or bottles. Waterbenders shouldn't be too dependant on such a source.
Water in a bottle and water in a lake are going to be the same physical status. And in plants.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ok, ANY FORM OF WATER CONTAINED OR INSIDR SOMETHING.
Water in a lake or pond or little source is contained in a hole. Bottlebending isn't as annoying as you say to use. I just don't think you can use it and it makes you mad or upset so you made this thread by your emotions and no thought to the rest of the community. And with bottlebending in the show, Katara never did anything really big and got the water back.

Sketz

Verified Member
.... did i not explain myself well enough yesterday? do /mangaddp default -bending.ability.FrostBreath

anyway as for the rest of the topic... the risk of losing water makes it better surely. i mean, if you want to tell me you could create a massive surge from a bottle and then get every drop back... then sure...

tbh idek if you can surge from bottles. idk how to bend
I never read the thread, I was just reading some of the comments, and seen GroupManager. Sorry I upset you so much?
Anyways, I still really don't like how it's a chi move. In a way? The fact that it blocks your bending. Just my own opinion.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I never read the thread, I was just reading some of the comments, and seen GroupManager. Sorry I upset you so much?
Anyways, I still really don't like how it's a chi move. In a way? The fact that it blocks your bending. Just my own opinion.
Would you be able to bend if you were frozen? Doubtful.

Sketz

Verified Member
Would you be able to bend if you were frozen? Doubtful.
Firebenders where able too, yet they can, so why not other elements?
Some elements have there own way of getting out of some sort of trouble.

Also, If that's true, Then ProjectKorra might as well make Surge(Freeze) And Torrent(Freeze) non-bendable inside of.

Also, If frostbreath was used in a fight, against korra, and she was trapped in it. I'm sure that the waterbender would be able to hold that ice for as long as they wanted, Thus allowing them to harm/kill the after while in the ice. Since SHE COULDN'T BEND IN IT. Right?

Just my thoughts ;)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Firebenders where able too, yet they can, so why not other elements?
Some elements have there own way of getting out of some sort of trouble.

Also, If that's true, Then ProjectKorra might as well make Surge(Freeze) And Torrent(Freeze) non-bendable inside of.

Also, If frostbreath was used in a fight, against korra, and she was trapped in it. I'm sure that the waterbender would be able to hold that ice for as long as they wanted, Thus allowing them to harm/kill the after while in the ice. Since SHE COULDN'T BEND IN IT. Right?

Just my thoughts ;)
Actually we've seen Azula be frozen and not be able to bend. As bending requires physical movement most of the time, the bender would not be able to bend. Also mako was frozen and couldn't bend, same with Bolin.

Status
Not open for further replies.