• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Earthbending, The Element Of "Substance".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
Earthbending is explained by Iroh: The Element Of Substance. An earthbender doesn't have "substance" wherever he or she is. Now, I don't think EVERYONE will agree with this, but I think that earthbenders could have that "substance" wherever they go if they had the right amount of earthbendable blocks in their inventory.
Example: Lets say an earthbender is in an antarctic-like environment and suddenly comes across a waterbender to which the waterbender starts to attack the earthbender. He would be 100% powerless because there would be no earth anywhere. So what if the earthbender had like a stack of dirt with him. He should be able to use that dirt to earthbend. Is it not an earthbendable source? Is it not in your inventory? So if you had dirt anywhere in his inventory and clicked with earthblast, the earthbender will shoot said dirt. Now, I am not saying you need like just 1 dirt to make an entire raise earth but if you had enough dirt to make the raise earth, it would happen. Also, it shouldn't be limited to only dirt. It can be any earthbendable block.

EDIT: There should be a cooldown apparently.

Thank you for reading my thread and I hope you like it! ;)

Last edited:

Janny

Verified Member
Let's do some math here.. you have 36 slots in your inventory. 36 x 64 is 2304. That'd be a ridiculous amount of attacks from their inventory.
"Well they couldn't have any in the slot they are using".. That's still 1728
What if a waterbender had a full inventory of waterbottles? It would be a lot adding with the water being able to come back to the bottle. (Yeah, I know it doesn't always come back to the bottle -_-).

FoldKittah

Verified Member
What if a waterbender had a full inventory of waterbottles? It would be a lot adding with the water being able to come back to the bottle. (Yeah, I know it doesn't always come back to the bottle -_-).
Thats because you can't spam watermanipulation with a bottle. You have to wait till the water comes back.

But it would be nice if you add a cooldown for the earth.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Earthbending is explained by Iroh: The Element Of Substance. An earthbender doesn't have "substance" wherever he or she is. Now, I don't think EVERYONE will agree with this, but I think that earthbenders could have that "substance" wherever they go if they had the right amount of earthbendable blocks in their inventory.
Example: Lets say an earthbender is in an antarctic-like environment and suddenly comes across a waterbender to which the waterbender starts to attack the earthbender. He would be 100% powerless because there would be no earth anywhere. So what if the earthbender had like a stack of dirt with him. He should be able to use that dirt to earthbend. Is it not an earthbendable source? Is it not in your inventory? So if you had dirt anywhere in his inventory and clicked with earthblast, the earthbender will shoot said dirt. Now, I am not saying you need like just 1 dirt to make an entire raise earth but if you had enough dirt to make the raise earth, it would happen. Also, it shouldn't be limited to only dirt. It can be any earthbendable block.

EDIT: There should be a cooldown apparently.

Thank you for reading my thread and I hope you like it! ;)
When Iroh said "substance", I believed he means like a steady position.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
There was already a giant flame war about this before. The people saying "No" to this idea won. This has already been suggested and denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.